It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I've got a Herald Vonph Dreadnought on Star Trek Online lol. I'd be playing on console, but I can't move my account unfortunately. Otherwise I'd be slowly scouring the galaxy for people to rule lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I like SWTOR myself but haven't played in over a year. I had some fun characters in that game... I like games with lots of character customization and stuff.

If I can be a kick ass pretty girl I'm happy.

What happened to Firefly was one of the biggest television travesties of all time.
edit on 10/25/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

As far as Firefly goes, my sister would agree with you. I saw Serenity in theaters before I knew Firefly, and it made me go back to watch lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Just the simple fact that you used to drink Heiniwhine seems pretty suspect to me...just sayin'. I guess now that they're publicly endorsing it could cause problems for those who enjoy Heiniwhine but aren't out yet. Better switch to something a little more machismo like uh...stout...that sounds a helluva lot more hetero-masculine to me. And get to work on one of those weird lumber-sexual beard looks.

Me personally, I only drink kerosene, I'm old school. Bottoms up!

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I shouldn't have put this as an "ETA"....

ETA...I see, feel and live with the spirits of the old...every day. There is an old Stage Coach stop on our property, beneath some cottonwood trees in a hollow. The old stock tanks are there still. My wife freaks out on my whole spiritual identity thing with the people who came before us. To her they are sometimes "ghosts", but to me they are my 'friends'. The Comanche were not a nice tribe (the worst for the settlers of the 1880's to run into actually), but they had an honor system, hard as it may have been. They seldom formed bonds with the white man, not the Comanche. They were brutal. People often said the plain's warrior tribes killed the leaders and spared the women and children...the Comanche killed everyone, every last single living thing. They killed the people, the livestock, the pets...everything.

You see, the Comanche knew the truth...and they were exterminated because of it. There are no Comanche left. Like the millions of Buffalo who roamed the plains of eastern CO and western KS, the Comanche are all gone. To believe in their soul is to be spared by their ghost. To understand what they stood for, and why they were, is to live. It is indeed profound, but few understand.

I have shared some of these stories with mighty men of the mountains and the plains. Many times they are humbled, despite all the bravado of dealing with the wind and the cold, the harshness of the plains. They understand. Many, despite their cultural bias, have similar stories to share...passed down from generations before. It is truly a powerful thing.

Some of the stories I could tell....would enchant this place for eons!!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4RKL1GHT

I've got a Herald Vonph Dreadnought on Star Trek Online lol. I'd be playing on console, but I can't move my account unfortunately. Otherwise I'd be slowly scouring the galaxy for people to rule lol.

Every time there is a new ship I start a new toon, lol...I fly a Vonph on one of my Romulan toons.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I like SWTOR myself but haven't played in over a year. I had some fun characters in that game... I like games with lots of character customization and stuff.

If I can be a kick ass pretty girl I'm happy.

What happened to Firefly was one of the biggest television travesties of all time.

I STILL replay the old KOTOR and KOTOR2 games every so often. I have considered playing SWTOR, but with CIV6 coming out I may be too busy.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

People really talk smack about the Vonph, but it's actually a great ship. The oblivion gateway ability is amazing!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Star Trek and Star Wars movies are but fantasy. They are just Hollywood, just a movie.

The things I speak of are real...they really happened...all of them. Real people lived and died.

Innocent people showed up (just two hundred yards from my back door) in some unnamed stage coach, at a watering stop, and were ambushed. The bones are still there. These were real, live, people (once).

You see, this world happened. It wasn't "fantasy", and it wasn't a movie...it was real. Real people lived and died. Captain Kirk was never here, nor was Obi-wan-kinobi...not even Darth vader, but there were Comanche. And there were innocent people from Missouri just trying to get to California, or Colorado, or Wyoming...or Oregon. There were real guys who sat on stagecoaches and fought it out (to the death) with the Comanche.

We find all manner of things, some scary (like pieces of chaps and vests, or a part of a boot). It must have been brutal, but you know what???? It was REAL!! Not a fantasy, not a video game, not some show on a silver screen...REAL!

We're here! We live because of them. Some survived, despite the odds, they lived...and we are their legacy.

it's wasn't a video game, not a movie...it was real life.

edit on 10/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just out of pure curiosity, how did you feel about the name change from Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak? I only ask because it was in the news lately, and I consider you to be in the zone of relatability. It's not super important to the conversation, but just a small curiosity if anything.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
One day...people will realize.

One day they will.

It's sad actually, that it will take that level of shock to jolt people back into "reality", but it will happen.

One day...when all the Play Stations don't work, when all the Ulus' stop streaming, when the Snapchats, FaceBooks and Twitters stop doing whatever they do...one day. One day, when everyone has to go outside, into the sun...one day when the lights don't come on at night (or the heat). One day, when it's not so perfectly comfy inside...that day...people will learn. People will realize.

Sadly for many then it will be too late, and honestly; that's what this whole thread was about...when it's too late.

So many believe in a world which exists 35 feet from where they are, and they fail to see or even comprehend the world around them. They don't care. People have become selfish, isolated in their little selfish worlds...expecting the rest of the world to defend whatever simplistic selfish desire they may have.

One day...the sun will rise, and it will be a new day. It will be a day like many have never seen, clean and pristine. There will be nothing, but one. Only the 'self' gets to decide what that 'one' is.

And so it goes...on and on.

God Bless!

edit on 10/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

It was politics in the beginning...and so it is perhaps better now.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

Straight up...ego bows to political correctness! Should have never been named Harney to begin with, right?

But now the politicians try to please everyone. How about let's give them back 14,000,000 acres and let them name the peak whatever the hell they want to name it, but will that ever happen???? Not on your BEST day!

Corruption.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fair play. I suppose I can see it both ways, like I do with most things. I was just curious as it's a somewhat local topic for you and I. I know its not the topic of this thread, but I am curious. I will say, native fry bread is some of the best stuff ever lol. Anyway, for this thread, I'm just gonna say that we agree to disagree. Even if we have differing opinions, that doesn't change the people we are. I'll always respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them. It's your right to believe in what you want.

(post by Nyiah removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You see, gay men don't get a pass just "because". I don't have to accept some commercial with them "flipping" someone's "meat" just because. No, real Americans lost real blood defending much more than these superfluous things, and my "country" has advanced so far that I should tolerate such a notion? Even in jest? Yet the media are the great defenders of "diversity" and yet they foist this upon us, without any recognition of those who came before us???? How can this be?

Am I upset at these things??? Damn right I am!! People DIED for this country and the rights we have! They DIED. Fathers, brothers, sons, never came home from battle. No gays DIED defending gay rights, no blacks DIED defending black rights...millions didn't go into battle against other nations defending these things. Are they right? Are they wrong? It's not for me to say, but I can say this; a nation is not going to war over them. WW III will not take place because of them. The values which cause nations to take up arms against one other are far, FAR, more profound than this. I'm sorry, but I'm not really; it's true.

We as a people have honor. We stand. Fail to do so and we lose. It is this "belief" in tomorrow which gives us the courage to stand and defend tomorrow...even if it is our last day.

Without getting into too much military dogma...there is no honor in defeat; there is only defeat. Some would counter with "to lose with honor is to die with honor". And the real rejoinder is..."to die with honor...is to be dead; choose your weapon!" Perhaps some cannot see the wisdom in these words, but one day they will ring true...to every one of us.

As I have noted; I have seen "death", and there is no honor in it. There is only death. Only silence and forever-ness. There is only memories, history...and the wind.

It's a sad thing really. Such a loss. I always wondered about the 'person'. But there was no person left...just death.

I have seen the wind, the sky...and I have seen the sunset.

I BELIEVE!

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Neil said a gay innuendo, the guy on the grill refused.

Seems pretty reasonable and balanced to me. Hardly worth the virtue signal.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I never understood when people say "I don't mind gays" and then go on to make a rant about the expectation for gays to go away and pretend they don't exist.

I don't mind polygamists, I make no rants about them, I don't virtue signal. If a polygamist was in a commercial, I wouldn't care, because i don't mind them. I like monogamy, if you don't, that's perfectly fine. it's not my problem. No one else has to live like me. I don't have to pretend the reality of polygamists or gays doesn't exist to feel comfortable.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join