It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Not just scantily clad ladies either, but ultra-famous, heavy metalheads, like the late and sorely lamented Jeff Hanneman for example, swear by the stuff.

Now, I personally think that there is something wrong with a man drinking yellow beer. Lager is, in my opinion, pathetic, weak, over gassed, under flavoured crap. I prefer ale, because it has flavours that stay with you for a good bit after you are done drinking it, very pleasant and intense flavours too if you buy the good stuff. I have never understood the obsession that some sectors of the drinking public have with lager beers, because they are utter dirt and totally pointless all in the same breath.

On the topic of the advertisement, I have to say, the level of outrage that it causes in some, is not anywhere near legitimate. For a start, the well established rules of barbecue, do indeed state that under nearly any circumstance, short of the possible destruction of the meat in question, a man must never flip another mans meat. This applies to burgers, steaks, and any other flat sided meat product, or product which could be considered to have both a top, and a bottom. Sausages, oddly enough, are not covered by this unwritten social contract, because they are ordinarily turned, rather than flipped, which apparently is an entirely different prospect. That being said, if one happens to be the sort of loony who butterflies their sausages while they cook, this would create a circumstance where even these would wind up having a top and a bottom side, and would then come under the jurisdiction of the "no flip" rule.

Of course, you then have the issue of ownership. Now, it is perfectly common for a piece of barbecued wonder, to change ownership at some point throughout the day. Generally speaking, ownership of a piece of meat falls to the person who began grilling it, although it may be earmarked to go into another persons face at some point. Dude or Dudette A, will perhaps have a different preference in terms of how well done the meat is, depending on the meat in question, than Dude or Dudette B, and so the final destination of the meat will be varied, but ownership remains with the grillmaster, until such time as the meat is either done, or becomes at risk of attaining so much char that it is inedible or otherwise ruined (having been left unattended by a pass out drunk grillmaster) at which point, and ONLY at this point, might another individual come along to ensure its survival until time of consumption!

Other than the reference to the above unwritten rules of the barbecue, I have no idea what possible inference could be taken from the advert, that might cause offense. I mean, for crying out loud! Anyone would think they were using the nebulous term "meat" as an analogue for some reference to genitalia!

edit on 25-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Those scantily clad women don't make statements about flipping someone's "meat". They don't make statements about putting some sauce on someone's "taco", rocking someone's "little man in a boat", or anything of the sort. They don't even make heterosexual remarks resembling those in made in this commercial. It's disgusting! Regardless of how much sexual innuendo there might be, they don't make overtly sexual statements like that. I'm sorry, but that is just a bridge too far in my book!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Touche', True Brit! Touche'.

Once again, your sarcasm has not gone un-noticed! Well done.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Those scantily clad women don't make statements about flipping someone's "meat". They don't make statements about putting some sauce on someone's "taco", rocking someone's "little man in a boat", or anything of the sort. They don't even make heterosexual remarks resembling those in made in this commercial. It's disgusting! Regardless of how much sexual innuendo there might be, they don't make overtly sexual statements like that. I'm sorry, but that is just a bridge too far in my book!

It might be different in America, but here in the UK plenty of ads play on sexual innuendo and nobody cares. It's pretty well understood that sex is a normal part of life, whatever your orientation, as long as all involved are consenting adults.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

It is..."all of the above"!!!

Can I flip your meat?
edit on 25-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Nope!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Those scantily clad women don't make statements about flipping someone's "meat".

It's implied!

If I buy a Budweiser, scantily clad women will flip my meat!

Yes? No? Maybe?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just even read up on Laphroaig on the interwebz. It's is legend! There is no other whiskey like it on Earth!

I got this one as a gift two weeks ago, a friend went to Scotland and bought it for me..man it's absolutely divine !
It's definitely my favorite now.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: saudi

My fave also.
As for the ad I'm comfortable enough with my own sexual it to see it is just a funny ad.
Gay folk culture doesn't bother me one bit...No one is forcing anything on anyone.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: saudi

A friend of mine swears by that stuff. Usually swears alot afterwards as well! Hehe!

He loved it so much, his father purchased him a square foot of the peat that is necessary to the process they use to make it. I forget which part of the process, but he has a little certificate and everything !

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm glad some people find the commercial humorous...Heineken's future depends on it.

As for me, I don't. And the principal reason I don't is not because I'm insecure in my own sexuality, but rather I dread the thought of what is next. They're just testing the waters to see how far they can push people. How long will it be before they have some peter puffer pontificating about being bent over that same BBQ and having someone "ram their MEAT... their sizzling SAUSAGE...into their bun(s)"??? Is that too far?...what is?

What people do in private is their own business. Don't try to make it everyone else's. I don't care what persuasion it is, heterosexual, homosexual...or beastosexual. I don't need to hear about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I'm glad some people find the commercial humorous...Heineken's future depends on it.

As for me, I don't. And the principal reason I don't is not because I'm insecure in my own sexuality, but rather I dread the thought of what is next. They're just testing the waters to see how far they can push people. How long will it be before they have some peter puffer pontificating about being bent over that same BBQ and having someone "ram their MEAT... their sizzling SAUSAGE...into their bun(s)"??? Is that too far?...what is?

What people do in private is their own business. Don't try to make it everyone else's. I don't care what persuasion it is, heterosexual, homosexual...or beastosexual. I don't need to hear about it.

This is a joke thread, right?

I hope all this humor is intentional.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Me and a friend watched Nigella Lawson doing a cookery show the innuendos were running thick and fast.
"She could pickle my onions".
"She could peel my carrot".
Mind you I'm British and we had the carry on movies when I was younger sexual innuendos is part of our culture. That includes gay or straight.
I wonder why guys in the states are so prudish.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good man, at 16.99$ a 30 pack- impossible to beat it. Been a green can man since 2001.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

I wonder why guys in the states are so prudish.

Remnants of our Puritanical past.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's bonkers you are fine with violence but words like flip and god forbid boobies!.
Ruined the Negan character...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

It's a whiny minority really.

Most of us are fine with racist/gay jokes in certain context just have a laugh and move on.

Then you got people like the OP where ANY reference to gay culture is having it 'shoved down their throat' which in my opinion is a weird choice of analogy.

Or those that flip on racist or raunchy jokes i.e. your liberal arts college campus dweller.

No most of us are just average folks who don't buy into all the outrage.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

It's bonkers you are fine with violence but words like flip and god forbid boobies!.
Ruined the Negan character...

Yeah, it's all a little silly.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Has anyone read the entire thread and just laughed at the OP's outrage?

Here's the OP's posts all summed up.

"Adverts with gay sexual innuendo. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

He must be scared he'll catch "the gay" through the TV lol.

ETA: Bit of advice for the OP. Grow up! It's just an advert.
edit on 25102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I expect not. I have a friend who was grabbing women by the p**** left and right, as all men do. He accidentally drank a Heineken and bam! homosexual. Immediately tried to flip all meat in sight. The local butcher was quite unhappy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join