It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAn0nym0usX
a reply to: Metallicus

Know what's offensive to me, watching Half Naked Woman eat a Hamburger with a bunch of "Heterosexual-Innuendos"

I also found the Hardee's commercial offensive and thought it was over the top.
edit on 2016/10/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

To be honest, you and I are the same. I'm certainly willing to look past someone's shortcoming (not that you have any less of an important opinion than mine by any means, or that they are inequal,and yes I made that word up, suck it whoever doesn't like it). I feel like other than this situation, you and I would get along pretty well. So for you, I'll agree to disagree. You aren't afraid to back down, and I respect that. You don't use derogatory words or anything of the sort that I've seen, you just have your position. Like I said, I respect that. Going forward, I hope you and I can come to understand one another using whiskey. :3 plus, an acquaintance who believes differently can be a great friend. Also, if you like Star Wars more than Star Trek, we may have to Duke it out lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: XAn0nym0usX

A roll of about (4) socks would probably fit the bill right here!!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

I coach high school softball and I have a lot of lesbian players that play for me and I treat them the same way I treat all my girls...I really care about them. The thing is no one is talking about their sexuality and we are just people trying to get better and win softball games.

Why does sexuality have to be in your face? I don't care that people are gay, but I don't want to HEAR ABOUT IT.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It makes things WORSE when you intentionally try to offend people.

I know a lot of gay people in my real life, but we don't TALK ABOUT IT.

That is the point...just shut up about sex and sexuality (and religion and politics).

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

And rant about it on ats about how this commercial shoving a view down your throat with one joke.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't like over the top sex of any kind in my entertainment.

I think sex is something for two consenting adults behind closed doors.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And rant about it on ats about how this commercial shoving a view down your throat with one joke.

I wouldn't have commented if there wasn't a topic started by the OP.

I was willing to suffer in silence.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That's fine that you don't want to hear about it. I don't know how they told you if you don't wanna hear about it, but that's beside the point. I get it, it's odd seeing something that's different from what you consider normal, or anything like that, and I won't judge you at all. It's just that it's a commercial. I do recognize the growing factor of homosexuality on the media. Hell, I work in the media, and I see it everyday, and while I'm a straight man, I see multiple points of view everyday, so I suppose I'm just used to it. Not saying you should agree with it by any means, but even if you just tolerate it, like many who see other things they disagree with, well, they will probably tolerate the things you like. Also, at the very least, can we PLEASE just accept that Heineken is awful anyway lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Also, at the very least, can we PLEASE just accept that Heineken is awful anyway lol.

On that point we AGREE!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I am of very firm ground. It would take quite a bit for me to wither. I've seen many things, many places and many people. I believe in the spirit of life. Some see it as many, I see it as one. I stand upon two feet, solid, ready for the day which befalls me...every day. I do not mis-step.

In my youth I, many times, paused to contemplate. I seldom do that anymore; I know where I stand in the World. Right or wrong, I stand for what I believe in, and I speak the truth here (and a very select few other places). I am not capable of telling lies, it is not of my fiber, my being.

I grew up with the wind, the sun, the cold, the sunrise, the hope and the fear. I know these things, because I have lived among them. They are a part of me. The people I have known walked among this world, much as I have, but they didn't see the World for what it is. We are just visitors, make of it what we may. On the wind one day mankind will sing. Perhaps a good song, but perhaps not....we will stand to be judged by the elements we face.

To those who see differently...I feel sorry. They have misjudged the world they live in. For we are, what we can do...and when we are gone, we are but history...we are but the wind.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Considering you said who cares about sex and sexual its, it's kinda funny you brought it up about another member.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just curious. If you see a gay couple represented on TV, exactly the same as a straight couple. Going through all the same things straight couples do in shows just as a gay couple. Do you consider that shoving the gay "lifestyle" in your face, or do you simply accept them as representatives of people dealing with the experiences people do?

To those complaining about "lifestyles" being shoved down one's throat, does people simply being gay people on television, or in movies offend you? Are gay people allowed to exist as and be treated like people in media, or should they be treated as the cast offs of society segregated from media and hidden away?
edit on 10/24/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't hate people, but I don't have to like what they do.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Not gonna lie, but that was very poetic, and fantastic what you said. Like I said, I respect you. You don't hide behind something, you speak your beliefs, upfront and present. I think everyone sees things the same way for the most part. Especially the part about those who feel differently. You've still not answered my question about Star Trek vs Star Wars, but I'll let it slide for now lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Star Trek v. Star Wars...I like neither. I couldn't tell you a thing about them.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So, because it was "over the top", that means you can comment on it, yet say you don't care? That's like me saying the I don't care what the Pope does, but because he's slightly different from the previous popes, I should focus on him.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

At least you're honest! That's all I care about lol. Also, look up Aldeberan whiskey. It was in star trek once, looks cool, and the earth recipe doesn't look too bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Also, I've got a fun drink recipe if you're interested. Send me a pm and I'll share some ideas with you. :3

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Star Trek v. Star Wars...I like neither. I couldn't tell you a thing about them.

Star Trek is a way better franchise in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join