It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sex sells always has always will...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Sex sells always has always will...

How much are you willing to pay for the bag of sex I have next to my couch?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

It's just that it's a commercial. I do recognize the growing factor of homosexuality on the media.

It is a commercial right so why would they use an "inside' gay joke that appeals to the comparative few of their possible sells? Does this look like an agenda? They want the young to get used to this type of language perhaps? This is the kind of joke they would have on private comedy theatre not a commercial for a product on mainstream TV.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Eeeeeeeeew...that just sounds wrong!

LOL

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh and Char Lee I could sort of agree If it was a toy commercial but it is for Beer an adult product.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

BINGO!!!

Exactly my point! It's not about gay, but rather an agenda to continually push the envelope in the mainstream.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

SOLD!

Forgot to add, it's collection only. Can I trust you'll be requesting my full bank details for a bank transfer?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It's an adult product. It's not like there's some guy with his wang out selling lego.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
....some guy with his wang out selling lego.

I like to show girls my Piece of Resistance.

T

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This thread is about pushing the boundaries of acceptance and tolerance beyond the extremes.

I know you won't agree here, but I'm compelled to ask that you consider being 'tolerated' or 'accepted'. That has a ring of condescension to it that I think you'd find offensive if society in general applied it in your direction.

It's something I never had to think about much because as an unapologetic WASP heterosexual male, it was never necessary. But I can tell you that if I felt I was being 'tolerated' or someone had to go out of their way to heroically 'accept' me, I'd be tempted to tell them where they could put it.

We all draw lines. What's acceptable and reasonable for one, isn't going to be for another. And unfortunately, we frequently don't know where the line is, until it's crossed.

Take no offense where none is intended, and save the acrimony for those truly egregious acts of ill intent.

And Heineken sucks.

JMO.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Thanks! Snorted coffee all over myself. I'm sooooooooooo wet!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
No, what this thread is about is society at every level trying to ram tolerance of every single thing imaginable down everyone else's collective throats. That, is what this thread is about! It's about the unyielding social pressure to just accept whatever twisted behavior people can dream up.

You say that as though the advert is suggesting people go and shoot up a school or something. It's a gay joke, because NPH is gay. Nothing about that is "twisted behaviour", it's just a sexual orientation which should be no more shocking that being hetero, or bi.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
OMG what a silly thread.
OP goes on about how this is the end of Heineken. Or...
...it could be the making of this not so good beer. I never drank it because they used to sponsor Tottenham Hotspurs [football team in London] and I am an Arsenal supporter.

Now that they don't sponsor them any longer I have had some Heineken, when it's on offer. I guess OP will be amazed when Heineken becomes the official gay-beer and sells more than ever before [happened to a lot of clapped out musicians, who got a second chance after the gay crowd became interested in them].

Furthermore unless you HATE gay people [or really like them deep down]
you would not get so incredibly, ridiculously annoyed about an advert featuring a gay man making a gay innuendo [and failing - watch it properly].

This inane argument that gay's shove it in our faces makes me laugh.

Of course they do, they ARE gay and should have the same rights as any other person. I always wonder what gay people think of hetero adverts and soap plots and movies etc that get shoved into their faces, they must be pretty sick by now, considering it doesn't interest them.

I am not gay and won't 'turn' even if I watched a million gay people kissing or prancing around or making adverts with innuendos. I find some amusing, some embarrassing, some boring - just the same as I do with hetero people.
It doesn't bother me or turn me because I am straight.

I am always suspicious when others need to keep 'the gay away'. Or what?
If tit were true that gays can 'turn' heteros into gays by being too visible, then surely all gay people would be hetero now considering the amount of sexual hetero crap they have to endure day in, day out.

Well, they are not and they are not bothered, because they are at ease with who they are. Compared to some.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sexual innuendos are in commercials all the time, mostly hetero, a few gay, some ambiguous. Even cocacolas iconic bottle shape is designed to make you think of a woman's body. I used to laugh at the corn nuts jingle "bust a nut!" Where are your threads complaining about the hetero lifestyle being "shoved in your face"?

If you're going to complain, you ought to be complaining about this, every other sexualized commercial, and every other gratuitous sexual mention on tv shows, played in the middle of the day because little children are being exposed to it. You, a full grown man, I assume, should be able to handle it.

But at what time of the day was it played? Before 9 or 10pm?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

DumDumDumDum.

Wait.... another random thought inbound!

Heineken, snort it all over yourself and get really soaking wet. Now that'd be a honest commercial, nobody is supposed to drink that stuff anyway.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

That's something I can definitely agree with. Might as well be drinking dirty bath water. They both taste the same.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Let me pose you a challenge, find someone that admits to being influenced by adverts... Good luck 99% of people will react like you and say similar things. Yet every year companies spend billions on something that apparently doesn't work... Yup...

I think there are some of us still although the majority yes they would not pay the money for the commercials if it didn't influence.
I use white vinegar and water for all of my cleaning and as a hair rinse, they didn't sell me the expensive chemicals they would rather we use. We look for alternative healthy natural things, plus we don't watch any daytime Tv and only a few movies and the weather.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Well, you might be surprised then. I actually agree with what you just stated for the most part.

There is a bit of condescension in my tone, to be honest. There is some resentment as well. I reject the notion that everyone must welcome ALL behavior. I don't think it appropriate for a man and a woman to paw at each other gratuitously in a classroom, or a church, or at a funeral. There are boundaries. And yes, the are different for different people. However, as much right as people have to behave in a certain way there are others who have equal rights not to be subjected to such behavior.

When society tries to remove all behavioral boundaries in order to cater to any and every social whim only madness and chaos remains.

In a world where anything goes...it will.

edit on 10/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
If a person can be truly offended by a joke, then they deserve to be offended.

Offensive jokes used to be kept where they belong, that is the difference. Comedy clubs places we CHOOSE to go things we CHOOSE to watch. Maybe at some point they will get offensive enough even for you they are headed down that road and everyone seems ok with that.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

He flipped your meat bro, what you gonna do?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join