It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOBODY is "flipping my meat!!!"...NOBODY!!!!! GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We may not agree on much, but your are very, very right! I mean come on with that science fantasy crap lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Another off topic question, but favorite Captain? I have to know now lol.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4RKL1GHT

We may not agree on much, but your are very, very right! I mean come on with that science fantasy crap lol.

I actually think we would agree on a lot if we met in RL.

I (over)react when I feel someone is trying to intentionally get in my space or is trying to control aspects of my life. Other than that I am pretty chill about most things. Besides we already agree Heineken sucks and Star Trek kicks Star Wars butt.
edit on 2016/10/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4RKL1GHT

Another off topic question, but favorite Captain? I have to know now lol.

Is it better to be lucky or good?

I think Kirk will forever be THE Captain.

link   
a reply to: D4RKL1GHT

I see very few people who "speak" the truth in every day life. I see people who lie, almost pathologically, to get someplace. I have no faith in the human race.

I have seen the ways of old. I have seen honesty and truth at it's most brutal. I have seen "life"...and I have seen "death".

I have seen the way of the Comanche, the Sioux, the Shoshone and the Cherokee. I have seen the "white man" and the "red man". I have seen the lies. My best friend was Cherokee, and I live 200 yards from national Comanche sacred burial grounds. The Old West happened all around me. Perhaps a kindred spirit of sorts, but I understand the ways of old. They, "it", is my belief. I have lived among them all my life, I understand their ways. It is who I am.

People talk about "social bias", but I understand it in a far different way. Truth? What is truth? Who are we supposed to believe? Just...who? We can trust no one.

The red man used to talk about the future of the Moon...how could we as a people ever even begin to understand this when most people can't see beyond the 45% charge on their cell phones???? These people were talking about hundreds of years...and they were RIGHT! They saw the way...we didn't.

We talk about persecution and personal rights...people, you have NO IDEA! Such simple people! Just NO IDEA!

So yeah, I'm pissed about some "flipping meat commercial", because 99% of AMERICA has NO IDEA what it took to even found this country, and the lives which were lost doing it. So yeah, I'm PISSED. We rounded up millions of Americans (not gays, not blacks...not Japanese even) and we put them in concentration camps to live FOREVER!

And some dude want's to show up on TV and make me feel bad for getting upset about "Flipping" someone's "meat"???
GAWD DAMMED DRIGHT I'm going to get mad!! You know why???

BECAUSE I BELIEVE!!!

link   
dP
edit on 10/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Kirk forever and always.

As for Star Trek vs. Star Wars. I like them both for very different reasons they are such different shows I find the comparison silly. That said I loved Babylon 5 before it went overly weird, and Firefly was heavenly for it's short life span.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I'll agree that Star Trek wins, but I prefer DS9 and Captain Sisko. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it. He was the most human and relatable to me, even if he was apart of a religion, and im an atheist, the guy was very understanding, and tolerable. Plus, you can't go wrong with the Emissary. Uhoh, may need to start a thread just for this purpose! :0

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just out of curiosity, do you live near South Dakota? Cause that's where I am, and I know quite a few Sioux and Cheyenne. Just curious mostly.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

To be honest, my forever and always will always be Stargate, but after that, it's gotta be Star Trek. Never saw Babylon 5 however...

link   
I didn't bother to read through the thread....

That said this flipping of the meat thing came from a TV show or movie I saw recently. I really don't put much into remembering these things long so I forget which but yea it is now a thing...ignore it like all the other things that are a thing...you won't be alone in it.

link   

See, this is the problem. anything that we do is considered "Shoving it in your face" if it doesn't fit into the "Heteronormative world" people consider "Normal"

Because they don't want to hear about it, or they don't want us to "Talk about it". if we were having a conversation and you brought up your Wife/Husband (Of Opposite Sex) you are sharing stories as "Friends", but if I would talk about my Same-Sex Relationship I am "Throwing it in your face" and "Flaunting my sexuality"

Our Sexual-Orientation is part of us it's who we are, it's not a "Hobby" or a "Choice" it's not something we can turn on or off, so anything that happens to us related to our lives will deal with that, it has nothing to do with "Throwing it in your face"

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Is worth checking out some time. Never watched Stargate, the movie was so stupid I had no interest. I'm guessing the television show is completely different?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

No, I live in Comanche country, in Colorado...eastern plains. Where "the Buffalo roam".

Raise cattle here.

ETA...I see, feel and live with the spirits of the old...every day. There is an old Stage Coach stop on our property, beneath some cottonwood trees in a hollow. The old stock tanks are there still. My wife freaks out on my whole spiritual identity thing with the people who came before us. To her they are sometimes "ghosts", but to me they are my 'friends'. The Comanche were not a nice tribe (the worst for the settlers of the 1880's to run into actually), but they had an honor system, hard as it may have been. They seldom formed bonds with the white man, not the Comanche. They were brutal. People often said the plain's warrior tribes killed the leaders and spared the women and children...the Comanche killed everyone, every last single living thing. They killed the people, the livestock, the pets...everything.

You see, the Comanche knew the truth...and they were exterminated because of it. There are no Comanche left. Like the millions of Buffalo who roamed the plains of eastern CO and western KS, the Comanche are all gone. To believe in their soul is to be spared by their ghost. To understand what they stood for, and why they were, is to live. It is indeed profound, but few understand.

I have shared some of these stories with mighty men of the mountains and the plains. Many times they are humbled, despite all the bravado of dealing with the wind and the cold, the harshness of the plains. They understand. Many, despite their cultural bias, have similar stories to share...passed down from generations before. It is truly a powerful thing.

Some of the stories I could tell....would enchant this place for eons!!

edit on 10/25/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

So as someone who knows personally indigenous people you know that they had Third and Multi-Gendered people, you know about "Two-Spirit" people and how Normal it is in their Culture and it is part of them. you understand they were honoring Same-Sex Marriages long before they were taken over and their culture hijacked

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Oh my god, the show is Soooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Start with SG1, then go to my favorite which is Atlantis, then if you really get into it, go for SGU. Lots of people didn't like SGU, but if you get the fact that it's more of a drama, going into it is a lot easier.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Will add it to my list. Have quite an extensive list though so will be awhile.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Ah ok. Im up in Rapid City, so, in the grand scheme of things, I'm not too far. Now if I go down in the area, I'll be asking you for a good place for whiskey and such!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Kirk forever and always.

As for Star Trek vs. Star Wars. I like them both for very different reasons they are such different shows I find the comparison silly. That said I loved Babylon 5 before it went overly weird, and Firefly was heavenly for it's short life span.

Firefly was AMAZING.

I also agree both Star Trek and Star Wars are good, but Star Wars is entertainment...Star Trek is life!

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Have you ever played Star Trek Online?

It is free to play and you get Star Ships, bridge officers and even a 'crew' up to 500 individuals. It is AWESOME and fun.
edit on 2016/10/25 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join