It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You haven't refuted anything I have said. Have you even read the article or paper? Do you even know what I mean when I say biological basis? Do you know what synaptic pruning is?

You have said nothing and you have refuted nothing. If you don't have anything to say please stop repeating yourself without actually discussing the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I don't have to refute anything. It's been done on every single page of this rediculous thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

...THEY DIDN'T SAY PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO HEAR VOICES!!!

They have validated Psychic Ability!!

Schizophrenics truly hear voices. The voices may only be due to a mental disorder and/or chemical imbalance, but they truly do hear voices in their brains. Schizophrenics are not consciously making up the fact that they hear a voice in their brains.

They aren't only "claiming" they hear voices in their brains; they really do.

When I say people who "make false claims" of hearing voices, I only mean people such as fake psychics who really don't hear voices in their heads, but only say they do in order to con people. There are people out there who call themselves psychics and claim to hear voices, but don't really hear voices. They are consciously making a false claim in order to fool people.

The self-identified psychics this scientist was interested in also truly heard voices inside their own brains, and they could very well be hearing voices in their brains for the same reason that schizophrenics really hear voices in their brains.

They both really do hear voices in their brains. Really. However, the source of those voices that they really do hear in their brains could be only due to a mental issue (chemical imbalance, or whatever), and not be due to having psychic abilities.

edit on 2016-10-7 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Do you even know what I mean when I say biological basis?

Yes. There is quite a bit of research into the biological basis of hallucination, as well as psychosis.

Maybe you'd better explain what you mean by psychic ability.

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh wow! Unicorns exist! There's a study that mentions the word "unicorn" so they SHOWED they must be real!

Study

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Again, psychic abilities is hearing voices and conversating with these voices. That's why they call them clairaudient psychics.

Powers and Philip Corlett, assistant professor of psychiatry and senior author on the paper along with Yale neuroscience graduate student Megan Kelley, studied a group called clairaudient psychics, who report receiving daily auditory messages. The subjects who reported hearing voices were given tests from forensic psychiatry designed to identify those who falsely claim to be hearing voices in order to avoid criminal prosecution. Both psychics and psychosis patients had similar scores on tests meant to detect false claims of hearing voices. However, patients with schizophrenia were much more likely to report negative experiences when hearing voices or discussing the voices with other people.

There could be a relationship between schizophrenia and psychic ability and that's why I talked about synaptic pruning. You guys just blindly respond and don't read anything people say.

Just because they're closely related doesn't mean the voices Psychics hear aren't real. This is why I listed a bunch of Police Detectives who worked with these crazy Psychics and they helped them solve crimes. Here's more:

1) Police Deputy Ronnie Whisman “We (the police) were impressed by the psychic on the important information she was able to give us … everything she said about the case came true.”

2) Special agent Darrel Stilwell said, “ .. obviously she has power … (Noreen’s psychic skills) gives you a little extra something to work for.”

3) District Attorney Le Blanc: “Rosemary’s contribution to this case was significant …I relied on the psychic Rosemary for details …There are clearly individuals in this world who have an ability that are beyond our normal five senses. Rosemary (the psychic) is such a person.”

4) Lt. Joe Kozenczak said: “The amazing thing is that the police didn’t know about these all murders … she (the psychic) told us. I became a believer in psychics.”

5) Detective Larry Beaver Mid-West Police Dept.:“If the opportunity presented itself again for me to work with a psychic I’d be very open to that and would enjoy the opportunity to see another psychic or even work with Sally Headding to get a feel for really and truly how they work. I was very amazed working with Sally … I truly believe there are people in the world who do have abilities beyond the normal person. Sally to me is a real person with a real gift.”

6)Detective Richard Fallin Montgomery Police: “Deborah’s description of the grave site was very close to what it was … it was excellent...The psychic in this case helped us out. I’m open to using psychics if she can help me I’m very pleased to take her help to help me close cases.”

7) Lt. Alex Rinaldi, “The only reason why we searched the Mohawk River was because of the psychic telling us that’s where he (the victim) is – and we found him. In an investigation, if the family decides to employ a forensic psychic …and develop some type of information certainly I’m going to listen to it and will look into it – and if credible I’ll investigate."

8) Detective Jim Gallaghar: "I was stunned and amazed what she (the psychic) told us ... the Prosecution decided it was very important for Rosemary (the psychic) to testify. She led the police directly to the killer. You can't dispute that ... that is a fact what happened ... I was skeptical prior to this but there's no doubt in my mind that Rosemary has a gift."

www.victorzammit.com...

Again, it supports exactly what I have said.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The psychiatrist in question called them 'Psychics" not self presumed psychics or self proclaimed psychics but psychics.

Guys this is not science and technology give the guy a break .

if your really fired up about why the OP's link makes such a statement send him an E-mail asking why he felt such a term was appropriate.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Again, psychic abilities is hearing voices and conversating with these voices. That's why they call them clairaudient psychics.

Powers and Philip Corlett, assistant professor of psychiatry and senior author on the paper along with Yale neuroscience graduate student Megan Kelley, studied a group called clairaudient psychics, who report receiving daily auditory messages. The subjects who reported hearing voices were given tests from forensic psychiatry designed to identify those who falsely claim to be hearing voices in order to avoid criminal prosecution. Both psychics and psychosis patients had similar scores on tests meant to detect false claims of hearing voices. However, patients with schizophrenia were much more likely to report negative experiences when hearing voices or discussing the voices with other people.

There could be a relationship between schizophrenia and psychic ability and that's why I talked about synaptic pruning. You guys just blindly respond and don't read anything people say.

Again, you seem to be missing my point.

The reason the self-identified psychics were tested was NOT to ascertain whether or not their psychic abilities had any actual merit as real psychic abilities. They were tested in order to weed out the psychics who were 100% faking the fact that they hear voices inside their brains. The "real" self-identified psychics were those who really and truly did hear voices inside their brains, just like real schizophrenics who really and truly do hear voices inside their brains.

However (and this is my point that your not getting), just because some self-identified psychics truly and really hear voices inside their heads, that doesn't mean that the source of those voices are due to receiving psychic messages. The source of those voices inside their brains that they really and truly hear could be the same as the source of voices that schizophrenics really and truly hear -- which could be due to a mental disorder and/or chemical imbalances.

Just because they're closely related doesn't mean the voices Psychics hear aren't real. This is why I listed a bunch of Police Detectives who worked with these crazy Psychics and they helped them solve crimes. Here's more:

1) Police Deputy Ronnie Whisman “We (the police) were impressed by the psychic on the important information she was able to give us … everything she said about the case came true.”

2) Special agent Darrel Stilwell said, “ .. obviously she has power … (Noreen’s psychic skills) gives you a little extra something to work for.”

[snip]

This second part is all well and good. It could be considered as general evidence relating to the question of "are psychic abilities real".

However, they really don't support the huge claim you made in the title of this thread. The Yale scientist did NOT show that psychic abilities exist. He did nothing of the sort, nor even came close to showing it.

edit on 2016-10-7 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
The psychiatrist in question called them 'Psychics" not self presumed psychics or self proclaimed psychics but psychics.

if your really fired up about why the OP's link makes such a statement send him an E-mail asking why he felt such a term was appropriate.

Actually, you can't be sure how these people were referred to in the study because the study itself isn't online. However, in the articles I've read, psychic was defined as "people who claim to hear voices from the beyond." That's the same thing as "self-proclaimed psychics."

The OP has then continued on making outrageous, unfounded claims that have nothing to do with the study in question. So no, I will not go easy on him.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

3) District Attorney Le Blanc: “Rosemary’s contribution to this case was significant …I relied on the psychic Rosemary for details …There are clearly individuals in this world who have an ability that are beyond our normal five senses. Rosemary (the psychic) is such a person.”

4) Lt. Joe Kozenczak said: “The amazing thing is that the police didn’t know about these all murders … she (the psychic) told us. I became a believer in psychics.”

5) Detective Larry Beaver Mid-West Police Dept.:“If the opportunity presented itself again for me to work with a psychic I’d be very open to that and would enjoy the opportunity to see another psychic or even work with Sally Headding to get a feel for really and truly how they work. I was very amazed working with Sally … I truly believe there are people in the world who do have abilities beyond the normal person. Sally to me is a real person with a real gift.”

6)Detective Richard Fallin Montgomery Police: “Deborah’s description of the grave site was very close to what it was … it was excellent...The psychic in this case helped us out. I’m open to using psychics if she can help me I’m very pleased to take her help to help me close cases.”

7) Lt. Alex Rinaldi, “The only reason why we searched the Mohawk River was because of the psychic telling us that’s where he (the victim) is – and we found him. In an investigation, if the family decides to employ a forensic psychic …and develop some type of information certainly I’m going to listen to it and will look into it – and if credible I’ll investigate."

8) Detective Jim Gallaghar: "I was stunned and amazed what she (the psychic) told us ... the Prosecution decided it was very important for Rosemary (the psychic) to testify. She led the police directly to the killer. You can't dispute that ... that is a fact what happened ... I was skeptical prior to this but there's no doubt in my mind that Rosemary has a gift."

www.victorzammit.com...

Oh look. A bunch of quotes. You should throw in the QM guys some more. We could all use some more Quantum Woo.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Oh wow! Unicorns exist! There's a study that mentions the word "unicorn" so they SHOWED they must be real!

Study

Could psychic unicorns be real too?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Study

Anythings possible in the land of make believe. Or if you've had enough beer.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Again, you seem to be missing my point.

The reason the self-identified psychics were tested was NOT to ascertain whether or not their psychic abilities had any actual merit as real psychic abilities. They were tested in order to weed out the psychics who were 100% faking the fact that they hear voices inside their brains. The "real" self-identified psychics were those who really and truly did hear voices inside their brains, just like real schizophrenics who really and truly do hear voices inside their brains.

Oh, he gets it. But do not expect the fact to ever be acknowledged.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Study

Anythings possible in the land of make believe. Or if you've had enough beer.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Exactly, this is because they can't refute what I'm sying.

They clearly show psychic abilities exist. I keep saying this supports a biological basis for psychic ability. Nowhere did I say this shows psychics are communicating with the dead or spirit guides. Again, I said this in the OP.

Sadly Pseudoskeptics continue to blindy debate things that were never said because they can't refute the evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Again, psychic abilities is hearing voices and conversating with these voices.

Really? Because that sounds suspiciously like schizophrenia and other mental illnesses.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

www.victorzammit.com...

Oh look. A bunch of quotes. You should throw in the QM guys some more. We could all use some more Quantum Woo.

WOW, Quantum Woo!

You know a pseudoskeptic is getting desperate when they break out this silly term LOL!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As I have said throughout the thread. Psychic ability isn't supernatural. There's a biological basis for psychic ability and this study supports exactly what I'm saying!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why do the voices in my head have to be such jackholes? I mean why can't they tell me how pretty I am or offer sound financial advice?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

As I have said throughout the thread. Psychic ability isn't supernatural. There's a biological basis for psychic ability and this study supports exactly what I'm saying!

The study doesn't support what you're saying. All the study does is call the people psychics. If that's how it works, then unicorns exist too (see my previous post with a paper on unicorns).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join