It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Psychic ability can exist it depends you exactly how the human brain processes information.

In relation to the theory of the "Quantum Brain", it is possible that the human brain can process information related to quantum experiences.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai
Maybe.
But it has nothing to do with the article the OP brought to the table.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

A pretty long read but relevant....

plato.stanford.edu...

A point of discussion is that Psi ability is possible.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Phage is right on the money. Not one thing in this article suggests that these scientists have shown that psychic powers are real.

This article is strictly talking about the psychological phenomena associated with 2 groups of people who hear voices! Nowhere does it suggest a possible paranormal origin for any of the voices heard by any of the studied individuals.

If anything, one could surmise that the so-called " psychics are simply suffering from a form of schizophrenia as well, and for some unknown quirk of the mind they simply view the voices as a positive rather than a negative. This would obviously effect their lives much differently in that case and could be seen as a "gift"...; ).

I think the crazy hypothesis I just laid out is much less of a reach than suggesting psychic abilities have been proven by this study.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Argus100 because: Added some spaces

link   
Double post!
edit on 6-10-2016 by Argus100 because: Psychic powers caused me to double post

link   
Triple post! Apologies!
edit on 6-10-2016 by Argus100 because: Yikes

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

At issue would be exactly to what extent do humans respond to a phenomenon in respect concretely to a sensorial experience?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Actually having worked at Psychiatric facilities, I have observed. That Schizophrenics do have rather interesting moments of clarity. I have done some research into the possibility of functional Hebephrenic patients which usually present a catatonic state, though not always.

There is the matter of High IQ Schizophrenia....

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Schizophrenia patients are typically found to have low IQ both pre- and post-onset, in comparison to the general population. However, a subgroup of patients displays above average IQ pre-onset. The nature of these patients' illness and its relationship to typical schizophrenia is not well understood. The current study sought to investigate the symptom profile of high-IQ schizophrenia patients.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Which, again, has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argus100
Phage is right on the money. Not one thing in this article suggests that these scientists have shown that psychic powers are real.

This article is strictly talking about the psychological phenomena associated with 2 groups of people who hear voices! Nowhere does it suggest a possible paranormal origin for any of the voices heard by any of the studied individuals.

Yep. It's hard to imagine how anyone can read that article and come to any other conclusion.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The problem with the OP is no actual verification that the people who claimed to be Psychic are in fact psychic.

No specific data was provided related to accomplishments in this regard.

Nonetheless science is in reality all about Statistics.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The problem with the OP is no actual verification that the people who claimed to be Psychic are in fact psychic.

Correct.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

No specific data was provided related to accomplishments in this regard.

Nonetheless science is in reality all about Statistics.

Of course they did. Did you read the article or the paper? I don't know why people on ATS act like these Researchers are stupid when they can't refute what's being said:

Scientists studied a group of psychics who claimed that heard voices in their head on a daily basis. The group was first put through tests administered by forensic psychiatrists to make sure that their claim was true. Both the psychics and people with psychosis fared the same in the test meant to weed out those who lied about hearing voices.

Researchers said that one major difference between the two groups was psychics mostly heard positive messages whereas patients were likely to report negative experiences.

“These individuals [psychics] have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives,” Philip Corlett, assistant professor of psychiatry and senior author on the paper, said in the statement. “We predict this population will teach us a lot about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and eventually treatment of distressing voices.”

So of course this shows psychic ability exists. How can they learn A LOT from psychic ability if psychic ability doesn't exist? At the end of the day you can dispute whether these psychics are communicating with the dead or spirit guides but that's just a subjective meaningless opinion.

Psychics do things like:

Draw a sketch of a criminal before the Police have a suspect and that sketch leads to the arrest and confession of the person who commited the murder.

Here's some words from Police Officers who worked with Psychics:

1) Sheriff Bill Hasenaurer of Oneida Country Sheriff’s Office, 'I accept the psychics' role in helping with murder cases – and I will call them again – because they get results, “I am now a great believer” in psychics helping the police'.

2) Sgt. Lynton Clark of Oneida Sheriff’s Office completely agreed about the use of psychics in "solving murders."

3) Kurt Hameline, Assistant D.A. of Oneida County stated words to the effect that using psychic "was critical to catching the murderers".

4) Police Deputy Ronnie Whisman “We (the police) were impressed by the psychic on the important information she was able to give us … everything she said about the case came true.”

5) Special agent Darrel Stilwell said, “ .. obviously she has power … (Noreen’s psychic skills) gives you a little extra something to work for.”

6) Plainclothes police officer Will Greeway said, "I was skeptical at first, but as Nancy began to forward information about the case, I knew I was dealing with a genuine psychic because all information was deadly accurate. Nancy Myer drew a map – showing roads, pond, the rail line, forest, ravine".

7) Detective Frank Martin “All the information given to us by the psychic was one hundred per cent correct.”

8) Detective Lou Masterbone from Morris County Sheriff’s office: “If it wasn’t for Nancy Weber in this case we would not have gotten the children back … her insight, her help … we could not have done it without her.”

www.victorzammit.com...

I can fill up 20 pages with quotes like these.

The point is, studies like this show psychic ability is real. Pseudoskeptics can't debate the facts so they just want to push their meaningless opinion about psychic ability.
edit on 7-10-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

If indulged, this routine will continue for pages on end.

Quoting myself for relevance.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This thread should be stickied as a prime example of confirmation bias.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Actually I do not have a problem with individuals having the ability to process information beyond the common senses.

It would under the circumstances as I have offered as the Human capacity to interact with the Unconscious can in fact relate to activities that are pre-cognitive in function; such as metabolic functions like body temperature, heart rate and so on...

At issue is if or not it can go beyond that and as you have offered biologically, which is actually a fascinating proposal.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Here's a few more:

1) Detective Robert Lee: "Laurie said that the body would be buried where John could keep an eye on it- in fact it was only 75 yards from the house...there were just so many things that were tremendously accurate."

2) Detective Gary Baham, “It made us look at things we did not look at … it (her psychic skills) opened to a wider perspective (of the case) …”

3) Police sergeant Richard Keaton of Marin County “I call in a psychic to investigate (the crime with us). I don’t know how she actually obtains the information. I don’t ask too many questions because I have seen too many successes (using psychics) … When Annette comes to the (Police) Department we normally sit in a quiet office. I give her a brief outline of what the case is about. Annette concentrates … goes into meditation … and starts sharing verbally with us the things she’s seeing or perceiving … we take her to the crime scene … and would ask her what she can see … about evidence … and she’s able to replay that like a video tape like a movie …

Here's a case where the Police were looking for a serial killer who raped his victims. The Police and Profilers said the suspect was a white male. The Psychic said this:

Psychic's findings:were all confirmed by the police:
- police have the wrong suspect
- the suspect is not white, he's black
- he is a peeping tom
- has been a peeping tom since he was very young
- there is a witness ... find that witness (witness eventually found and led them to the suspect)
- describes suspect ... (description perfectly matches the witness' description of suspect).

Police Forensic expert and consultant Ann Williams said, “Without psychic Jeanne Borgan, we would have been chasing our tails. I wouldn’t have known he was a black man … I wouldn’t have found our witnesses.”

Larry Hardmen - Detective Baton Rouge Police Department: "We had a serial murderer on our hands. But not enough evidence to ID the suspect. We had no witnesses. We contacted Jeanne and she described the killer and led us to his capture and incarceration. I was a skeptic. Not any more!"

www.victorzammit.com...

Again, psychic ability is real and studies like this show it. The question then becomes is there any evidence to support the notion that these psychics are communicating with dead people and spirit guides and the answer is an overwhelming yes!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Click bait title does not disappoint. This is meaningless. Because people hear voices (no #) psychic phenomena are real! Ridiculous. Now, let's stop butchering science to fit your preconceived narratives.

When people start actually predicting things in a way that is statistically better than guessing you may be on to something, but this never has, and never will happen. Especially not under proper controls.
edit on 7-10-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

If the brain can process quantum information in no different a way than it can process any other information as it does with the senses it could relate to the experience to one extent or another that the observer could understand consciously.

At issue is if or not a quantum event is actually random or as in that case of Chaos Theory merely appears random from our limited perspective.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

At issue is if or not a quantum event is actually random or as in that case of Chaos Theory merely appears random from out limited perspective.

No. At issue is if:

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join