It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You're wasting your breath. If the OP can't comprehend a simple article, they can't comprehend anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: TerryDon79

You're wasting your breath. If the OP can't comprehend a simple article, they can't comprehend anything.

I'm starting to wonder if the OP understand basic English, let alone the article lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Again, psychic abilities is hearing voices and conversating with these voices.

Really? Because that sounds suspiciously like schizophrenia and other mental illnesses.

I have no problem with linking Psychic ability to schizophrenia. In one case schizophrenics are flooded with these voices in the case of the Psychics they have more control and this could be connected to synaptic pruning.

These Psychics also help Police solve crimes:

Some of the information by the Forensic Psychic:
- victim murdered
- suspect was heavy with drugs
- she sold flowers
- (showed police where the abduction took place)
- suspect believed victim stole money from him
- victim shot, can feel the bullet
- victim bled
- males were holding her physically
- they were keeping the victim down
- showed police where victim was murdered
- man and woman taking her out of the truck
- there's a jacket he took off the victim and threw it up in the air and landed on a tree
- dragged boy in the woods and left her there
- male returned and stumped victim in the neck with boots
- there's graffiti near the bridge where the body is.

Police Comments:

1) Detective Kenny Kirkland: "I remember what Carol Pate told me (about the case) and indeed it became true ... My reaction to the female confession accomplice I had heard it all before ... was told to me before by Carol .... We were shocked ...she (the psychic) was able to tell us what each person (overseeing several photographs) did and what their part was in the crime. She just reaffirmed that I don't know anybody who could do that ... to be able to narrow it down to just one place (from a huge area near Lake Roberts) ... it's pretty outstanding."

2) Det. David Stewart:
"Carol Pate got several things right when dealing with the case ... and so Carol Pate obviously has some special gifts to be able to do things that a normal person cannot do. She was able to tell us things about the case she knew nothing about (before she started). It was pretty phenomenal she was able to do that."

3) Detective Dan Savage: "We found the psychic was to be absolutely right: she was right the victim was shot. She was right about the blue car. She was right about the rushing water. She was right about the lover's triangle. She was right about the wooden fence. She was right about the shallow grave, about the leaves…” The direct and indirect message to the television viewers: “ I’d call her again in future investigations.”

4) Detective Roosevelt Turner - Miami DADE Police Department: “We had nothing to go on (before the psychic came on the scene) … she was correct on everything she told us … from his (the killer’s) initials ... where the scene was ... his occupation ... the letters … it turned out to be true… Initially I did not believe in psychics but working with Ms Dahne I found psychics could be very helpful. I definitely work with psychics again.”

5) Sgt. Eugene Wood, “The physical description fitted exactly what the psychic told us … she couldn’t have been more accurate …This was just incredibly right-on! I doubt if we could have solved the case without Jeanne Borgen’s (the psychic) help … I recommend any police department to use a gifted psychic …”

6)) Sgt. Skip Mefford: Everything the psychic told us was precise … It was my first experience with anything like that – and it was absolutely incredible!

How do these crazy Psychics get so much information correct???

edit on 7-10-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Because even a broken clock is right twice a day. In every scientific study ever conducted, "psychics" have done no better in various tests than they would by chance, and in most cases, have actually done worse.
edit on 10/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Because even a broken clock is right twice a day. In every scientific study ever conducted, "psychics" have done no better in various tests than they would by chance, and in most cases, have actually done worse.

What??

It's good people like Dean Radin keeps track of these things:

This is a selected list of peer-reviewed journal articles about psi (psychic) phenomena, most published in the 21st century. There are also some papers of historical interest and other resources. A comprehensive list of important articles and books would run into the thousands.

Survival of Consciousness
van Lommel et al (2001). Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands

van Lommel (2006). Near-death experience, consciousness, and the brain

Beischel & Schwartz (2007). Anomalous information reception by research mediums demonstrated using a novel triple-blind protocol

Greyson (2010). Seeing dead people not known to have died: “Peak in Darien” experiences

Kelly (2010). Some directions for mediumship research

Kelly & Arcangel (2011). An investigation of mediums who claim to give information about deceased persons

Nahm et al (2011). Terminal lucidity: A review and a case collection.

Facco & Agrillo (2012). Near-death experiences between science and prejudice

Matlock (2012). Bibliography of reincarnation resources online (articles and books, all downloadable)

Beischel, J., Boccuzzi, M., Biuso, M., & Rock, A. J. (2015). Anomalous information reception by research mediums under blinded conditions II: Replication and extension. EXPLORE: The Journal of Science & Healing, 11(2), 136-142. doi: 10.1016/j.explore.2015.01.001

Honorton & Ferrari (1989). “Future telling”: A meta-analysis of forced-choice precognition experiments, 1935-1987

Spottiswoode & May (2003). Skin Conductance Prestimulus Response: Analyses, Artifacts and a Pilot Study

Radin (2004). Electrodermal presentiments of future emotions.

McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 1. The Surprising Role of the Heart

McCraty et al (2004). Electrophysiological Evidence of Intuition: Part 2. A System-Wide Process?

Radin & Lobach (2007). Toward understanding the placebo effect: Investigating a possible retrocausal factor.

Radin & Borges (2009). Intuition through time: What does the seer see?

Bem (2011). Feeling the future: Experimental evidence for anomalous retroactive influences on cognition and affect

Bem et al (2011). Must psychologists change the way they analyze their data?

Bierman (2011). Anomalous switching of the bi-stable percept of a Necker Cube

Radin et al (2011). Electrocortical activity prior to unpredictable stimuli in meditators and non-meditators.

Radin (2011). Predicting the unpredictable: 75 years of experimental evidence

Tressoldi et al (2011). Let your eyes predict : Prediction accuracy of pupillary responses to random alerting and neutral sounds

Galek et al (2012). Correcting the past: Failures to replicate psi

Mossbridge et al (2012). Predictive physiological anticipation preceding seemingly unpredictable stimuli: a meta-analysis

Bem et al (2015). Feeling the future: A meta-analysis of 90 experiments on the anomalous anticipation of random future events

deanradin.com...

This is just a small slither of the papers. Of course pseudoskeptics will never read these things because they only want to blindly believe what they believe. Here's Radin talking about the Taboo of Psi.

edit on 7-10-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

And where's the links directly to the peer reviewed papers? All I see is a bunch of papers he's hosting on his own site.

Dubious, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm so glad you made this thread!
I saw it on sputnik dot com ---- sixth sense. Real.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

And where's the links directly to the peer reviewed papers? All I see is a bunch of papers he's hosting on his own site.

This post shows that you just blindly respond. If you would have actually clicked the link before your response you would see that each paper listed is linked to on the page.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hallucinations. Real?

We found the hallucinatory experiences of psychic voice-hearers to be very similar to those of patients who were diagnosed.

schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org...

link   

Another person who either didn't read the article/thread, or who has absolutely no reading comprehension ability.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Thanks!

Very interesting times we live in!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OMG now I have browsed the thread.

You nay-sayers are incorrigible, and behaving in an impossibly, incredibly obtuse manner!

What's it to you if science discovers that intuition and gut-feelings are real?

WHY would you want to deny that? You skeert?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

This post shows that you just blindly respond. If you would have actually clicked the link before your response you would see that each paper listed is linked to on the page.

Yes, dubiously hosted on his own site. Just like TerryDon79 said. Your lack of reading comprehension strikes again.

link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Read Chris Carter.

Or don't.

But if you don't....piss off.

link   

Each paper is hosted on his own site. That's what I said. There's also no way of seeing if each paper is peer reviewed, unless you just blindly take his word for it.

Like I said, dubious.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The baseball player or the guy who wrote X-files?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

OMG now I have browsed the thread.

You nay-sayers are incorrigible, and behaving in an impossibly, incredibly obtuse manner!

What's it to you if science discovers that intuition and gut-feelings are real?

WHY would you want to deny that? You skeert?

That's pseudoskeptics stuck in Plato's Cave. They can't refute the evidence so they repeat the same nonsense over and over again. It's obvious this is getting under their skin.

All of these threads on ATS and they're stuck on this one because they can't refute what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It's already been refuted. Let me reiterate.

The article you linked to, in your op, doesn't confirm nor deny that psychics are real. It's your own bias that has decided that it has, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes. The veil is thin....some can see through it. It's the converse of "color-blindness."

Typical people think the experiencer is delusional/crazy/demented.....but other people DO see things that you (and/or typical people) can not. Just like you can see colors that color-blind people (or dogs, or cats) cannot. But yet, at the same time, bees, mosquitos, flies, ants.....they all see things you and I can't see.

You disagree with this....why?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The baseball player or the guy who wrote X-files?
The philosopher from Oxford

www.scienceandtheafterlifeexperience.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join