It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I am doubtful, because I have seen no convincing evidence. Just as I am doubtful that the Earth is being visited by extraterrestrials.

I do disagree that this study is evidence of psychic ability.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
OMG now I have browsed the thread.

You nay-sayers are incorrigible, and behaving in an impossibly, incredibly obtuse manner!

What's it to you if science discovers that intuition and gut-feelings are real?

WHY would you want to deny that? You skeert?

That's pseudoskeptics stuck in Plato's Cave. They can't refute the evidence so they repeat the same nonsense over and over again. It's obvious this is getting under their skin.

All of these threads on ATS and they're stuck on this one because they can't refute what I'm saying.

I (nor most of the other people posting) have not said anything on this thread about whether or not psychic abilities are real. We have not said anything specifically that refutes the idea of psychics.

I (and most other people on this thread) have only refuted the OP's claim that the Yale scientist has shown that psychic abilities exist.

This thread should not be about the existence or not of psychic abilities, because the study on which this thread is based is not about the existence or not of psychic abilities. So since the article on which this thread is based does not specifically support or refute psychic abilities, most of us are not specifically refuting or supporting the general idea of psychic abilities.

Who knows? maybe they do actually exist. But this study was not designed to address that question.

edit on 2016-10-7 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

You said:

This thread should not be about the existence or not of psychic abilities, because the study on which this thread is based is not about the existence or not of psychic abilities.

Of course it's about the existence of Psychic abilities on a biological basis as I have said throughout the thread.

How can the Yale Psychologist compare schizophrenia to something that doesn't exist?? That makes no sense.

This is saying Psychics and schizophrenics may share the same biology and this is why they said this:

“These individuals have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives,’’ Corlett said. “We predict this population will teach us a lot about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and eventually treatment of distressing voices.”

This is a biological basis for psychic ability!!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

They're comparing 2 different types of people who hear voices. AKA schizophrenics. One type who feel they're controlled by the voices and one type who feel they're under control.

It's right there in the article, if you want to read it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ok. Thanks for the definition I asked for earlier.

Hallucination = psychic ability

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I hallucinate when I'm I'll and my temperature sky rockets.

Does that make me a psychic or someone who just has fever enduced hallucinations?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do you know what hallucinatory means?

of or resembling a hallucination.

If you need to say Psychic ability is like or resembles a hallucination that's fine with me. It's not saying they are hallucinations but it's the best way to describe how schizophrenia and psychic ability might be related. Like I said, these crazy Psychics somehow have access to all of this information.

1) Sgt. Tim McFadden, “ ... as the psychic predicted … the body was found in the river …near smooth rocks … near a major state highway … next to a quarry where you could hear the whistle for lunch and breaks …”

2) Detective Tom Turk (Madera County Sherrif’s Office), “We were skeptical at first …but after the facts presented she (the psychic) was right on course. I’m telling you there is something there (in psychic phenomena) … it’s credible.”

3) District Attorney David Minier, Madera County, “Law enforcements have found that (gifted) psychics can be very effective and so it’s done on a fairly regular basis … we just don’t hear about it …”

4) Detective George Mazzacane "ALL of the clues given to the police were 100 per cent accurate".

5) DETECTIVE ALLEN REED, Tempe, Arizona Police Department stated that before meeting the psychic he was a skeptic. But after working with gifted psychic, Gale St.John this is what he said in his own words, “I realized this (what was in the autopsy report) is exactly what psychic Gale St.John told me (from 2,000 miles away!) … gunshot wound in the back of the head … hands were bound … found near the water …a place with cracked earth …near palm trees … and the structure is surrounded by a fence and a window the building with corrugated iron … Not some of what she said, but ALL of what she said was true and accurate … I do like to think we would have ultimately identified and arrested John Adams BUT it was the psychic Gale St.John who led us to him and pointed us in the right direction …without a doubt.”

www.victorzammit.com...

These Psychics are so crazy they have veteran Police Officers looking like idiots LOL!!
edit on 7-10-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You know you're meant to provide sources and use the correct tag for your extracts?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You know you're meant to provide sources and use the correct tag for your extracts?

You already showed that you don't look at sources. You have yet to respond to anything that has been said. You're just clogging the thread with this dribble that has nothing to do with the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Victor J Zammit??

THAT'S your source?

I'm gonna leave this thread now before my head explodes from laughing too much.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

LOL, typical pseudoskeptic. You still haven't refuted anything that has been said. You can look up these Police Officers your self. Call them or watch documentaries about their cases.

Of course you will not do this because you want to remain blinded in your belief.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Considering you haven't posted ANYTHING related to psychics in your op, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been put in hoax or LOL.

At least I know to look at your threads for a good laugh at someone who can't/won't understand English.

Good luck trying to keep up your charade lol.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Considering you haven't posted ANYTHING related to psychics in your op, I'm surprised this thread hasn't been put in hoax or LOL.

At least I know to look at your threads for a good laugh at someone who can't/won't understand English.

You can't be serious?

I have listed a ton of information and you haven't said anything of substance to refute anything.

Why should anyone accept the words of a pseudoskeptic that hasn't presented a shred of evidence to support anything you're saying??
edit on 7-10-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Because all you've presented is a mosinyerpretation of the article.

This is just like all your other psuedoscience threads. Take an article, twist it to fit.

It's no better than the Zika or Ebola guy that keeps posting here.

But keep it up. I like the laughs it brings.
edit on 7102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

You can't be serious?

I have listed a ton of information and you haven't said anything of substance to refute anything.

Why should anyone accept the words of a pseudoskeptic that hasn't presented a shred of evidence to support anything you're saying??

Nearly everyone in this thread has refuted your falsehoods (multiple times), and your own source supports those refutations. You're an idiot.
edit on 10/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's not saying they are hallucinations but it's the best way to describe how schizophrenia and psychic ability might be related.
Yes. Related by experiencing things that are not real.

These Psychics are so crazy they have veteran Police Officers looking like idiots LOL!!
The study does not say the pyschics are crazy, it says they have auditory hallucinations.

Nice anecdotes. I wonder if there are veteran police officers who do end up feeling like idiots when their psychic detective blows it.
edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's another case from these crazy Psychics.

In 1989, Rachel Lombera was murdered in her apartment in Selma, California. She was beaten to death with a boombox and a chair. The police investigated the scene, and found no evidence of forced entry. Rachel new her killer and willingly let the person inside. The police found fingerprints but were never able to match them to a suspect.
She was last scene at a local bar dancing with a man the night before her murder. A witness was able to provide the police with a composite sketch of the man. The sketch was publicised, but the leads that came into the police were all dead ends.

Rachel's family convinced the police to seek the help of a psychic. The police called psychic Kay Rhea. Kay only asked for a photograph of Rachel, nothing more. From the photograph, she was able to determine that the suspect worked in a "big factory," and was also romanticaly linked to Rachel. Kay called a sketch artist friend and was able to provide a sketch of her own.

The police were skeptical, and set the sketch aside. Twelve years pass. In 2002, the unsolved case was given to Detectives Brandon Shoemaker and Gary Gass.

While looking through the case file, the dectectives find Kay's sketch and decide to contact her. Kay remembers the case, and tells them that the suspect has left the area and is probably somewhere south, like San Diego or San Bernadino. The detectives decide to publisize Kay's sketch, and two months later they get a break in the case. They recieved a tip about a man who used to live in Selma who matches Kay's sketch. As the detectives investigate their new suspect, they discover that he worked at the same plant as Rachel, and moved to San Diego shortly after the murder. They interrogate him, and he admits to the crime.

www.angelfire.com...

Here's what the skeptical Police Officer said:

However, the thing that stunned him was the sketch. When we asked him about the sketch, he said, "Damn, if it wasn't just so close." He said that it was "scary". He told us that he had no idea how Kay could have gotten that information so accuretly. He went on to talk about the purpose of sketches, that they were used to "eliminate everyone else." Kay's sketch wasn't used like that, it was a direct hit. We finally asked him if they could have solved the case without Kay, and he told us that, "without using the psychic, we probably would have never solved the case."

How did this crazy Psychic draw a sketch of the criminal before the Police had a suspect?

Again, it's very important to have a biological basis for Psychic ability.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In general, whats called "psychic abilities" is better understood as a physically mediated phenomenon that operates through differently located subjectivities.

When you think about the Human in the evolutionary - long history - sense, you will recognize that as biodynamical systems and dissipative structures, human bodies have fundamentally grown nervous systems and minds that can know other minds as a function of becoming organized by a larger electromagntic flow of energy: the dyad and social encounter where the actual biodynamical organization of matter in different bodies is being regulated and assembled with reference to a subtle electromagnetic integrative (or centripetal) field that binds individual minds into a field of "feelings" towards the world and the others that is sympathetic, and so, inclined towards establishing states of "shared-intentionality".

So what is psychic powers other than relaxing your neurological organization, which is inherently able to represent the most subtle of forms implicit in the electromagnetic differential between any two fields? Our phenomenology has the potential for this, but if you have particularly large amygdalae - i.e. a fairly "constrained" way of self-organizing to the world that implicitly references fears from unprocessed traumatic affects, then you will not sense or hear what your biology has constricted from your awareness. Your internal feeling referent is the problem.

Since the brain is fundamentally plastic and fundamentally energizable through processes of love and self-compassion, the traumatized brain can become a divine brain, with more mirror neurons in the cingulate and insula cortices to represent the potential information in the Others electromagnetic field, a larger orbitofrontal cortex - and so, inhibition of negative thinking - to keep the mind focused and "submerged" in a subtle degree of awareness and knowing, which, when directed to a field that is acting upon yours, would entail the 'reception' of affective (feeling) and cognitive content (thoughts) that you are seeking attunement with. The others phenomenology would thus become accessible, just as yours would be for them.

It's quite amazing how thoroughly unified physical and spiritual processes are. What does "physics" means in light of what it is apparently involved in creating? Is it one side of another realm?
edit on 7-10-2016 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

And that's just a random page of angelfire. There's no links to anything on there to even corroborate the story.

Keep trying!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join