It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Psychiatrist show that Psychic Abilities exist

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Here's more:

“These individuals have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives,’’ Corlett said. “We predict this population will teach us a lot about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and eventually treatment of distressing voices.”

How can this population help with neurobiology and cognitive philosophy if there isn't a biological basis for psychic ability???

Did you even read what you just quoted?
Edit: No, you clearly didn't, because it doesn't say anything about "cognitive philosophy" (whatever that is) or a biological basis for psychic ability. Learn. To. Read.
edit on 10/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Here's more:

“These individuals have a much higher degree of control over the voices. They also have a greater willingness to engage with and view the voices as positive or neutral to their lives,’’ Corlett said. “We predict this population will teach us a lot about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and eventually treatment of distressing voices.”

How can this population help with neurobiology and cognitive philosophy if there isn't a biological basis for psychic ability???

It's been explained to you multiple times. They are interested in the "hearing voices" part, not the professed "psychic ability" part. At no part in this study anywhere is there any attempt to validate psychic phenomena.

Perhaps this should be moved to skunk works. Or hoaxes.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Here's more:

It's been explained to you multiple times. They are interested in the "hearing voices" part, not the professed "psychic ability" part. At no part in this study anywhere is there any attempt to validate psychic phenomena.

Perhaps this should be moved to skunk works. Or hoaxes.

You sound silly.

Of course they're interested in the hearing voices part. This is why they talked about how these Psychics have some control over these voices.

DID YOU EVEN READ THE ARTICLE OR THE ABSTRACT?

They want to learn how Psychics do this so these voices can be less distressing to schizophrenics.

Here's the last sentence in the abstract:

We predict that this sub-population of healthy voice-hearers may have much to teach us about the neurobiology, cognitive psychology and ultimately the treatment of voices that are distressing.

schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org...

Are you serious???

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

That's exactly what they're interested in. The hearing voices bit.

But not ONCE do they say that psychics are real or not. That's just you inserting words where none exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

It's right here. Do you even read the articles before responding?

Why do Psychics have more control over these voices is VERY IMPORTANT to the study because if they learn about this ABILITY it may help schizophrenics!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Of course they're interested in the hearing voices part. This is why they talked about how these Psychics have some control over these voices.

Yes, the ability to turn off the hallucinations would be very helpful to those who are tormented by them. It seems to help the psychics remain functional.

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Phage, you sound kind of silly. After your last mistake I would think you would quit while you're far behind.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The same could be said about your OP.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Phage, you sound kind of silly. After your last mistake I would think you would quit while you're far behind.

Says the guy whose WHOLE THREAD is based on a mistake.

LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How do these crazy Psychics get this accurate information?

Detective Roosevelt Turner - Miami DADE Police Department: “We had nothing to go on (before the psychic came on the scene) … she was correct on everything she told us … from his (the killer’s) initials ... where the scene was ... his occupation ... the letters … it turned out to be true… Initially I did not believe in psychics but working with Ms Dahne I found psychics could be very helpful. I definitely work with psychics again.”

How can the Psychic know all of this when the Police have nothing to go on?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Source?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Detective Roosevelt Turner - Miami DADE Police Department: “We had nothing to go on (before the psychic came on the scene) … she was correct on everything she told us … from his (the killer’s) initials ... where the scene was ... his occupation ... the letters … it turned out to be true… Initially I did not believe in psychics but working with Ms Dahne I found psychics could be very helpful. I definitely work with psychics again.”

What does this unsourced anecdote have to do with the study that this thread is about?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There's a biological basis for psychic ability and this is very important. This study helps show this. If these voices aren't real, how can Psychics do this:

Detective Dan Savage: "We found the psychic was to be absolutely right: she was right the victim was shot. She was right about the blue car. She was right about the rushing water. She was right about the lover's triangle. She was right about the wooden fence. She was right about the shallow grave, about the leaves…” The direct and indirect message to the television viewers: “ I’d call her again in future investigations.”

www.victorzammit.com...

How can she be right about so many things? Are these Detectives idiots??

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

What does this unsourced anecdote have to do with the study that this thread is about?

It has everything to do with it. If these voices aren't real that have a biological basis how can they be so correct with specific information?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

We're not disputing if psychics are real or not. Jeez.

It's about your fraudulent claim in your op saying that the article "shows psychic abilities exist". Which it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It has everything to do with it. If these voices aren't real that have a biological basis how can they be so correct with specific information?

I don't know. Perhaps you should start a thread about that.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I don't need to start a thread about that I have this one. I have been saying for years that there's a biological basis for psychic ability and some psychics are getting specific information. This supports exactly what I'm saying and it starts with biology.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I don't need to start a thread about that I have this one. I have been saying for years that there's a biological basis for psychic ability and some psychics are getting specific information. This supports exactly what I'm saying and it starts with biology.

Yes, you keep saying that, but here we are, 14 pages in, and you still haven't managed to show us where your source supports your ridiculous conclusion.
edit on 10/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I have shown you and you haven't refuted anything I have said.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And you haven't shown in the article where it says "psychics exist", because it doesn't say or show that.

There. I've just refuted your op, just as many other have.
edit on 7102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join