It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Thats a critter, biological life that is outside our visible range. They are circular with a hole in their centre and a notch in the circumstance. They live in our atmosphere and around our planet in outer space. They feed on energy. Trevor James constable has been photographing them for decades with infrared film.

This is the most interesting theory I have heard thus far. During the Perseid Meteor Shower this year, some friends and I brought a telescope to a dark unpopulated lake to get a clear view. Later, we viewed this one "twinkling" star which was brighter than the rest. Through the telescope it appeared quite similar to an amoeba, even in its "pulsing" movement. It was bizarre, I assumed it to be a trick of light refraction but it appeared to be an amoeba.

The words which came to mind were "as above, so below".

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
What an odd request.. The police asking for public help in identifying an unidentified flying object.. Never heard of this before.
Guess we can safely assume it was something mundane otherwise the ministry of defence would have been all over it.

Possibly or alternatively, it was Tweeted before any MOD involvement so they couldn't stop it. That said, if it wasn't visible to the human eye it may be something weather related (small mass of warmer air or even ball lightning forming).

It is a genuine mystery though.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Possibly some kind of new drone?

invisible ones that give off heat and fly really high? i doubt it

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

I never said that...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Sorry Dude i replied ot the wrong post - Noob!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Np

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It has been shown time and time again that some UFOS (flying saucers) are invisible to the naked eye and only visible in infra-red.
Here we have it raw evidence directly from the British police. This is proof.
And no it isn't a jellyfish, its alien technology.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

originally posted by: zinc12
Thats a critter, biological life that is outside our visible range. They are circular with a hole in their centre and a notch in the circumstance. They live in our atmosphere and around our planet in outer space. They feed on energy. Trevor James constable has been photographing them for decades with infrared film.

This is the most interesting theory I have heard thus far. During the Perseid Meteor Shower this year, some friends and I brought a telescope to a dark unpopulated lake to get a clear view. Later, we viewed this one "twinkling" star which was brighter than the rest. Through the telescope it appeared quite similar to an amoeba, even in its "pulsing" movement. It was bizarre, I assumed it to be a trick of light refraction but it appeared to be an amoeba.

The words which came to mind were "as above, so below".

Interesting. That "thing" reminds me of the pulsating donuts in the NASA tether incident. What was the official explanation for those objects again? I can't recall.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

a reflection from inside the "scope".

Dont know if you like it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Why? Sounds like exactly the characteristics one would desire for covert surveillance.

The technology to create such a device is however doubtful to date.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Sorry if anyone already mentioned the hot air balloon festival at night in Bristol, in August.
If you google that and click on images you get this...

"Night Glow" festival

BBC

Now if we consider the object in the sky is "invisible" because its being filmed at night, is far away, drifting along ('against the wind' is subjective at night, at that distance), and 'hot' on Flir, then it must be a hot air balloon around the time of the festival. Theses cops are clowning everyone with their UFO footage.
edit on 27-9-2016 by intrptr because: added reply

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So where is the basket, it should be visible in the infrared picture, especially the igniter as it's the heat source.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Sorry if anyone already mentioned the hot air balloon festival at night in Bristol, in August.

The object was filmed in September.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hasn't this "biological" theory been discussed for ages on the internet? Sylphs or whatever? Maybe there is something to it?

ETA:

paranormal.wikia.com...

mysteriousuniverse.org...
edit on 9/27/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

The object was filmed in September.

So they were 'practicing'.

Leastways, theres an explanation for why 'hot' air balloons are seen in the area around Bristol at night. First we got to rule out any connection to the real world. And so, we... can't.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: intrptr

So where is the basket, it should be visible in the infrared picture, especially the igniter as it's the heat source.

Too distant for the imager in the camera to resolve , even under higher magnification. You can see how grainy the image becomes under full zoom., and how it 'disappears' at lower magnification.

IOW, under ambient light conditions at night the balloon was so far away not even the glow of it was apparent to the pilots eyes. How far is that?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

For what, next year's event?

It should also be noted that it wasn't detected by radar. A google search indicates that hot air balloons show up on radar, which wasn't the case here.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

For what, next year's event?

It should also be noted that it wasn't detected by radar. A google search indicates that hot air balloons show up on radar, which wasn't the case here.

Object was recorded at a 1000 feet. You got the radar image of that area from that night? Or are you just going on what somebody said about it?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Object was recorded at a 1000 feet. You got the radar image of that area from that night? Or are you just going on what somebody said about it?

The National Police Air Service contacted Air Traffic Control, who in turn said they saw nothing. So yes, I'm going by what "somebody" said about it.

You can say 1,000ft is too low for an object to be picked up by radar, but it's apparent that radar in that area works fine at that altitude or else the police wouldn't have asked such daft question.
edit on 27-9-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join