It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Oh and I think our good old coppers are a bit more intelligent that they know a hot air balloon a lantern blah blah...they do like a bit of fun and have no qualms about tweeting weirdness...not everyone is completely paranoid

An important point, the police in the UK in general are pretty engaged with the public, not a lot of outsiders realise that.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Can you?
I have no idea how the recording wrks in a copter. Any input is appreciated.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Can you?
I have no idea how the recording wrks in a copter. Any input is appreciated.

Is the camera they are using handheld
Or is it thru a pod under the helicopter
If it was a handheld the refection does not look like the inside the helicopter
It it a pod it pure fake

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

How so?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It was nothing they deemed a security risk or the Typhoons would have been up there.

Was it filmed onboard the helicopter or outside, if it was an outside camera what is the strange reflection about at 31 secs?

And how come we only get 3 mins of a supposedly 7 min video?

I think they know what it is they are just not saying for whatever reason.

It could be its just an experiment on the public to see what kind of answers come back. So far its a lantern, a balloon or a UAV (i hate the word drone). The Japanese made a small spherical UAV a few years ago, maybe its the latest test of a new eye in the sky.

Just thought, if it was 9:30 at night and dark, it highly unlikely you would see something small in the air anyway. Can hear planes at night but would not be able to see them in the sky without their lights on

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

In my opinion, it looks like somebody was filming the video off a monitor. And it would more sense they did that, when they were reviewing the video when they got back on the ground, watching it in an office.
Simple

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Too bad. They should've engaged it.
Psy op.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I see the reflection, what is your concern with it?

It looks like they are recording the screen within the ops room, as the guy In the centre as you look at the reflection appears to have a video recorder in his hands and the guy on the right is standing?

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.
edit on 26/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I'd agree that it doesn't make it a "pure fake" if filmed as suggested by trillium.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don't think this is a fake and all the talk about lanterns is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why exactly was he recording in infrared to start with? How did he come about noticing it, if it could only be spotted with infrared?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Why exactly was he recording in infrared to start with? How did he come about noticing it, if it could only be spotted with infrared?

Yes I did wonder that myself. I would like an answer to that, so may have to do a bit of digging.

Edit - Looked at various articles, including the Bristol Post. No explanation as to why they were using infrared in the first instance, but they did state that they tried using daylight vision and could not pick anything up. Is it normal practice to use the various camera modes whilst they fly around? If it is, then maybe that's how they discovered it, then tried the various modes to establish if it could still be seen?
edit on 26/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It is defo being recorded off a monitor because of that reflection, so this must be a recording of said UFO. Why would police ask for help from the public with a recording of a recording, that doesnt make sense, you would release the original for best clarity through a TV, so really this could absolutely anything, airborne or on the ground.

I know very little about infra-red, but when i worked in a TV shop we tested the TV remotes quickly by pointing them at a video camera, if it flashed on the TV when a button was pressed, it worked. So wouldnt any camera pick up something in infra-red or is it to do with wave-lengths or something?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I totally agree and I dont get why people always immediately scream its faked!
UFO still only means: Unidentified Flying Object
And this is what it is, unidentified, flying and an object
Nothing more, nothing less (unfortunately
)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I'd say they are filming the recorded footage as it plays on a screen due to not being able to download it?

Goota love mobile phones huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I see the reflection, what is your concern with it?

It looks like they are recording the screen within the ops room, as the guy In the centre as you look at the reflection appears to have a video recorder in his hands and the guy on the right is standing?

I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Ok I can buy that reason
so possible maybe still for me them

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yeah it kinda makes sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thats a critter, biological life that is outside our visible range. They are circular with a hole in their centre and a notch in the circumstance. They live in our atmosphere and around our planet in outer space. They feed on energy. Trevor James constable has been photographing them for decades with infrared film.

edit on 26-9-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Seems an incident like this happened in St Athan in June 2008, but none of the 3 pilots could get any images.

BBC News

Whilst looking on google i found this missing page from ATS in the search, wouldnt mind reading what it said but the link just goes to ATS front page...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Certainly interesting, but the video is a little deceptive to me.

It appears to be a 3 minute loop of the same 30-40 odd second clip.

Only a snippet of the 7 minutes claimed.

No info on how far away it was from the chopper.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join