It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:20 AM

originally posted by: fatdeeman

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: SargonThrall

Here is a good movie of those critters, hole in centre and notch in circumference. They pulsate as they move like jelly fish.

You mean the out of focus specular highlights AKA bokeh with notches from the corresponding part of the lens zoom mechanism that intrudes into the optical path? Seriously, critters?

Just another person seeing shapes in the clouds and then failing at the inherently impossible task of giving a logical explanation. That's the problem when you start with something that looks interesting and make a bold claim, you have to work backwards from there and attempt to explain away all the flaws in your reasoning, clumsily pounding away at those puzzle pieces with your fist, desperately trying to form them into a cohesive and credible story when it's easier to just assemble them in the logical way.

That's the first time I've ever heard the objects on the STS video referred to as bokeh. Not saying they're UFO's, but bokeh? Lol.

As a photog, I have a hard time agreeing with that opinion.

And it is only an opinion, after all.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
Article I read stated that they switched through all of the FLIR settings, they couldn't see the object using their own eyes.
Jet airplanes have running lights.

Object was reported to be approx. 1 mile away from the chopper.
The running lights would be easily visible.

It wasn't (imo) an exhaust plume from a jet.

*Also object was moving quite slowly, against the wind.

edit on 1-10-2016 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:09 AM
Would the police really ask for public help? Totally weird...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:12 AM
a reply to: canucks555
Not sure how the range was determined but I've been reading along.

I wonder if they may have been mistaken about moving against the wind. Relative motion between airborne objects can be confusing.

edit on 10/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:56 PM

originally posted by: jacob33
Would the police really ask for public help? Totally weird...

Actually very common. The UK police request public assistance often, even through a long-running TV show, 'Crimewatch', in which crimes are dramatised to try and elicit responses from potential witnesses / informants - as well as to entertain and shock, of course

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
To be fair, if there were some unidentified flying object (in the literal sense) wandering around the area at the sort of altitudes used by police helicopters, that could be a serious matter. See all the recent scare-stories about drone collisions. So the police tweet could have been a ploy to lure pranksters or witnesses into the open.

Mind you, that idea depends on how clever you think the police are, which all evidence suggests is 'not very'.

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
a ufo could be something as simple as a plastic bag caught in the wind, people are so dramatic.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>