It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Nope, this is no balloon, especially so because it is going against the wind, not with it. Nor is it a drone, as it would show intervals of sheen as light from the ground reflected off it. The compass arrow bottom right of screen does move, reciprocal to wind buffeting of the aircraft.

The object gives a slight heat signature as per it's dark shade within the infra-red spectrum (as per the fireworks display they filmed in infra-red). The closest object that it could be classified against is the foo-fighter type of object observed during WW2. I was going to suggest that it is a ball of plasma, but these normally light up, but perhaps they also exist at low energy levels and do not emit photons?

Whatever it is, the video is interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Plasmas are not always visible, and infrared is light.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thank you so much for this thread... With all the Trump/Hillary nonsense consuming this site, its wonderful having a pleasant distraction like this thread, which ultimately was the initial conspiracy topic that had me stumbling across ATS years ago...

Anyways, VERY intersting vid.. I'm curious to see how this one develops along, just started the thread, looking forward to reading all the replies!

S&F

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Jonjonj

It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

Thats the other thing, these guys didn't 'chase' it. If it was so unusual, why did they just fly home without attempting to close approach it? Maybe they figured out what it was.

Oh, and...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because the British police are not Airwolf.
In the UK the Police heli's have a set job to do. They do the set job then go home for some fried haddock, tea and mushy peas. They leave extra curricular activities like chasing shadows and bogey's to the likes of Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine or the MOD.

Hot air balloons are not bogeys or mushy peas and air wolf is a tv program.

Geez the delusions some peoples suffer.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Its a sky nipple. Nothing to see here folks.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Pretty sure they know what a hot air balloon looks like....as in NOT invisible to the naked eye. Why did they post this to begin with? Because they didn't and still don't know what it is. Your argument falls on its face before it even gets off the ground, please try harder.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
lost_shaman:

...infra-red is light.

Seriously? You state that as if to assume I don't know? Of course it's light! The fireworks filmed in infra-red displayed the same dark characteristics (only more resolved) as the object, which of course was also filmed in infra-red. Doh!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You said maybe they don't emit "photons". I was just pointing out not all photons are visible as per those in the infrared portion of the spectrum.

At anyrate, it most likely was a plasma because that would in fact fit the evidence.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I might be wrong here but if they said they were over Bristol they are a mite off. If you care to look at the flight data at the bottom of the screen shot you will see they are approx. 51.24 and 3.20 which puts them over South Wales above a place called Llanbethery which is quite aways from Bristol.

Sort of a misreading. In fact, they said "over the Bristol Channel." If you check Llanbethery's location, it is indeed alongside the Bristol Channel.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lost_shaman

What evidence for that?

To me, the evidence points to a mylar balloon at night 3° warmer than the ambient air temp blowing along in the wind and a bunch of dim witted constables.
edit on 27-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Pretty sure they know what a hot air balloon looks like...

So do I.

I wouldn't have approached it either, even though I was in a helicopter-- because its a hot air balloon.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I was thinking the same. The "perfect" drone would be one that can surveil hidden with an invisible cloak of some type. Although it seems an impossible spying platform, today's high-tech capabilities makes me wonder...what is impossible today when it appears we are living in the future and the future is now? If it is true as stated, that it can only be viewed with FLIR imaging equipment, then it must not be of human design. However, if it can't be proven that we now have such technology, logic would dictate it's the product of non-human design with origin unknown. Indeed bizarre. Good find.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12
Thanks for that, I believe I have seen the video before. It is not in color, correct? What we saw was very colorful, and segmented into three, with a clear "membrane" around it, 3 "organelles", and a "nucleus". Hence why it reminded me of a single celled organism. This was however visible to the naked eye. It may easily have been a strange refraction of light from a distant star.
This image would be the closest match minus the color. There is a clear line from the "nucleus" to the "membrane", what we saw had 3.

a reply to: BASSPLYR
I think this is exactly the attitude people need to take. The public is largely unaware (through ignorance, not lack of availability) of developments in science and technology of the past century. Even in World War II there were things that would seem alien to us now. I suppose this is how power is gleaned through control of knowledge.

a reply to: Violater1
I for one found your posts informative and sensible. I think it is worth mentioning how poor quality the video is; and with the police promoting the idea that this was an alien event (with the emoji in the tweet) it could have been a psy-op to see how people react. Obviously they were not worried else they would have sent interceptors to investigate.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
what i know from, UFOs has antennas (exactly 2) and are shape of plate (upside-down plate).
edit on 28-9-2016 by dzrtr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think by now if they were serious about finding out what it was they would have released the full, original 7 min video but they havent.

The fact they released a recording of a recording on an official police twitter page should mean someone should be getting a telling off imo.

I know they have got better, more important things they could be doing with their time and resources, like catching criminals, rather than trolling the public.

No MOD statement, no Typhoons, no original video, there are so many no's i'm not typing them all out.

I'm calling bull on this one.

Note to police: Stop trolling and get out in the real world and CATCH SOME CRIMINALS, bunch of wasters.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Although the local rag, the Bristol Post, incorrectly said it was a video from the 24th September - this despite the date and time of the 20.25 16th September clearly depicted on the video. I have tweeted the writer and the paper to point this out and - surprise, surprise - no response - and more to the point - no editing. If you've ever watched the film Hot Fuzz then you'll notice similarities with the level of journalistic intelligence.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So do I.

I wouldn't have approached it either, even though I was in a helicopter-- because its a hot air balloon.

Since you are the hot air balloon expert around these parts, can you post some examples of balloons that are round, have the burner in the center of the sphere and have no visible basket hanging below?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 28-9-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

A balloon has ten, a hundred times the heat signature of a burner, which is not always flaming away. Once a balloon is hot enough to rise, they drift like this one does.

Since its thermally hot, in the air and 'round',' besides there was a balloon festival recently in the area, tell me how you rule a balloon out?

The irony that the disagreement is over whether this is a balloon or not is so ... ironic. I bet that wasn't lost on the fly boys that put this up. They must be blowing coffee through their noses.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

Thats the other thing, these guys didn't 'chase' it. If it was so unusual, why did they just fly home without attempting to close approach it? Maybe they figured out what it was.

Oh, and...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey, it was you who aimed the comment at me, so why quote somebody else's post?

And the whole "chase" argument, that is just semantics and you know it.

originally posted by: elysiumfire
lost_shaman:

...infra-red is light.

Seriously? You state that as if to assume I don't know? Of course it's light! The fireworks filmed in infra-red displayed the same dark characteristics (only more resolved) as the object, which of course was also filmed in infra-red. Doh!

I believe most modern IR cameras have a couple of settings for heat, black heat and white heat, in which the hot area shows up as black in the black heat setting, and white in the white heat setting.

They must have had the black heat setting selected.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What ever it is, good police is doing some kind of disclosure. The more public speak about UFOs the more people become aware.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join