It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
I think that this video is a fake. The background on the supposed HUD changes at 31 seconds into the video. It displays 3 people looking toward something of interest, but why does it still display the HUD?

That's when they momentarily switched to the day camera. As it was dark since it was nighttime, we can see the reflection of the people filming/looking at the screen. And naturally the day camera would also have a HUD.

Then there is the "N" arrow in the bottom right corner of the "HUD." Most of the time it doesn't move.

That's because the camera is doing most of the moving, while the helicopter maintains a steady trajectory.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: intrptr

The 'evidence' has to exclude that its a ballon, and it can't. Theres no radar "evidence'. "Against" the wind, how do we tell?

If it doesn't look like a balloon, doesn't act like a balloon and there is no evidence whatsoever that it actually is a balloon...it is probably a balloon, just 'cos.

if it doesn't look like anytheeeng, then its aleeens, just 'cos.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

I think that this video is a fake. The background on the supposed HUD changes at 31 seconds into the video. It displays 3 people looking toward something of interest, but why does it still display the HUD?

That's when they momentarily switched to the day camera. As it was dark since it was nighttime, we can see the reflection of the people filming/looking at the screen. And naturally the day camera would also have a HUD.

What? The reflection is not even in a helicopter cockpit. The day camera? Do you really think that the outside FLIR camera can view the inside of the cockpit?

Then there is the "N" arrow in the bottom right corner of the "HUD." Most of the time it doesn't move.

That's because the camera is doing most of the moving, while the helicopter maintains a steady trajectory.

The video is "supposed" to be COMING from the FLIR! Therefor the arrow must move with the point of view of the lens from the FLIR camera. Again, there is NO HUD in the glass cockpit of the EC135.
This is the common U.K. Police chopper.

There is NO Cockpit HUD! This is the cockpit of the EC135 with U.K. pilot.

This is a EC135 with FLIR.

The video is bogus.
edit on V172016Tuesdaypm30America/ChicagoTue, 27 Sep 2016 14:17:45 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is a real U.K. helicopter police video.

It is clear and crisp. None of the pointers or arrow are pixelated.
The North arrow moves with the FLIR camera.
The OP's chosen UFO video, is bogus!
Not his fault, it is an interesting CGI video.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What? The reflection is not even in a helicopter cockpit. The day camera? Do you really think that the outside FLIR camera can view the inside of the cockpit?

Of course the reflection isn't inside a helicopter cockpit, they were reviewing the footage on a monitor somewhere after they landed.

The video is "supposed" to be COMING from the FLIR! Therefor the arrow must move with the point of view of the lens from the FLIR camera. Again, there is NO HUD in the glass cockpit of the EC135.

Why did you mentioned HUD if this particular helicopter doesn't have one? OSD is probably the acronym you were looking for.

Also if you could post evidence that the arrow moves with the POV of the lens it would be great.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That reflection you see at 31 seconds is the people filming the recording. its not a direct video taken off the helicopter footage. it appears to have been played back, filmed on a phone and then uploaded to youtube

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This film was tweeted from an official police twitter account. If it's a hoax, the perpetrators will be exposed fairly quickly. There have been plenty of instances in which coppers have tweeted jokes via force accounts and ended up in deep doo-doo.

E.g.: twitter.com...

It would be a case for the professional standards department if officers used an official channel to play a practical joke on the public. So unless PSD is set in motion, I think the assumption has to be that this film is genuine.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

This is a real U.K. helicopter police video.

It is clear and crisp. None of the pointers or arrow are pixelated.
The North arrow moves with the FLIR camera.
The OP's chosen UFO video, is bogus!
Not his fault, it is an interesting CGI video.

As already been said, the reason why the pointers and arrows aren't crisp in the video is because it's being recorded off a monitor with a camera.

In the video you posted the arrow doesn't always move, like when the camera pans at 0:45 the arrow doesn't move. In this thread's video they were also panning the camera around, and as expected the arrow wasn't moving.
edit on 27-9-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

Of course the reflection isn't inside a helicopter cockpit, they were reviewing the footage on a monitor somewhere after they landed.

Why did you mentioned HUD if this particular helicopter doesn't have one? OSD is probably the acronym you were looking for.

Also if you could post evidence that the arrow moves with the POV of the lens it would be great.

Just in case you missed the above video.

And skuzzleButt, explain how the reflection completely overtakes the video? Or how at 0:07 the UFO goes IN FRONT of the Right horizontal reticle, or at 0:13 the UFO is now in front of the central dot of the reticle, at 0:30 the UFO goes in front of the top lower portion of the vertical reticle, or at 0:53 the UFO goes in front of the Left Horizontal reticle. I can see all of the pixalation on my full screen 32 in. monitor. And actually, it's BAD CGI. It's Bogus, it's a Hoax!

And I'm done.
edit on V072016Tuesdaypm30America/ChicagoTue, 27 Sep 2016 15:07:33 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Just in case you missed the above video.

Obviously I hadn't seen your reply when I posted mine. I already replied to it above but you clearly missed it.

*quadruple facepalm*

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The 'evidence' has to exclude that its a ballon, and it can't. Theres no radar "evidence'. "Against" the wind, how do we tell?

If it doesn't look like a balloon, doesn't act like a balloon and there is no evidence whatsoever that it actually is a balloon...it is probably a balloon, just 'cos.

You really are a presumptuous little so and so aren't you?

What follows is a copy and paste of my first post in this thread, as you clearly wouldn't read it, even if I linked it.

a reply to: zazzafrazz

St Athan has an RAF and MoD base there. It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

St Athan

BBC ufo St Athan

Coincidence? I would like to say it is our area 51, but it is more like our area 2 and a bit.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

a reply to: zazzafrazz

S& flag freeze the video at 31 seconds in wtf

yea it s definitely someone recording a monitor from a cell phone

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not sure how recording from a cell phone is akin to hoax.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

Thats the other thing, these guys didn't 'chase' it. If it was so unusual, why did they just fly home without attempting to close approach it? Maybe they figured out what it was.

Oh, and...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-9-2016 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I'd like to think Police follow orders. I highly doubt some random object in the sky that they couldn't see with their naked eye, warranted a chase (took priority over their job). Reviewing the footage they took seems a lot more logical then trying to chase a seemingly invisible object on their screen.

Oh and btw, UFO != Aliens. Lots of ignorance in these kinds of threads. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object, nothing more and nothing less.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

If it was an illegal night time hot air balloon 'without beacons', as some seem to cite as oofo proof, then it was their job to check it out on that basis alone.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Oh and btw, UFO != Aliens. Lots of ignorance in these kinds of threads. UFO = Unidentified Flying Object, nothing more and nothing less

No , its aliens... invisible, hot and flying against the wind... pfft...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Bristol full of hot air ballon nutters. Police may have filmed it from wales. And decided do some Attention whoring.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

Thats the other thing, these guys didn't 'chase' it. If it was so unusual, why did they just fly home without attempting to close approach it? Maybe they figured out what it was.

Oh, and...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because the British police are not Airwolf.
In the UK the Police heli's have a set job to do. They do the set job then go home for some fried haddock, tea and mushy peas. They leave extra caricular activities like chasing shadows and bogey's to the likes of Jan-Michael Vincent and Ernest Borgnine or the MOD.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join