It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Howso? How is it different?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjsr420
a reply to: Annee

That is what it is sounding like though. Anything besides your word to illustrate you are not?

The question is, is her appearance appropriate in a high school.

What does jealousy of her voluptuous body have to do with it?

And NO, I'm definitely not jealous of that type body.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

More words.

Appropriate is a subjective word. Im sure i dont have to explain what subjective means to you. Youre fairly intelligent, from what ive seen.

Subjective words hold no weight, as they change from person to person.

The correct question would be: Does her attire reflect upon her ability to do her job?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BlackProject
Normally judging by the above photo, many women are probably jealous of her figure what most women would dream to have naturally.

It's scary how many male posters have stated this jealousy angle.

No, just NO!

Maybe due to the fact that this is the case for most complaints. I have never and would never complain about how someone is dressed, what in earth does this have to do with anything or anyone.

People need to get out more and think about their own lives.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

The thing is is people keep saying appropriate/inappropriate. Highly subjective terms. None of her outfits appear to violate the dress code. Dress goes down to nearly her kneecaps.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The thing is is people keep saying appropriate/inappropriate. Highly subjective terms. None of her outfits appear to violate the dress code. Dress goes down to nearly her kneecaps.

Indeed, exactly. Hence the reason you and I both can see how these overactive jealous women can be and those that just have way to much time on their hands to go around internet attacking like they do.

link   

Normally judging by the above photo, many women are probably jealous of her figure what most women would dream to have naturally.

No, just NO!

Maybe due to the fact that this is the case for most complaints. I have never and would never complain about how someone is dressed, what in earth does this have to do with anything or anyone.

Complaints are jealousy?

It was about appropriate dress for the environment - - - high school.

She has been talked to by the school higher ups.

link   
Can anyone point to an -actual- rule the lady broke? If not, then yes, it very much sounds like jealousy. Can anyone present more than just words to illustrate they are not jealous?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No, just NO!

BlackProject did say this in the reply you quoted:

If a women wishes to show off her entire body or a man for that sake in the right place, they can. Seriously people, this is how clothes and material things are effecting your minds.

I think the issue is IS school the right place for a woman to wear tight/short dresses? Especially if she has a figure which is hard to hide--unfortunately this happens. IMHO, no. And do we know that the OP's pic is happening during the school day and the administration permits it?

If -I- were in the adminstration for the school I would issue an anonymous complaint for fear I'd be labelled negatively. There're a myriad ways to label someone negatively, especially if they're complaining against a status quo. In all honest, it's not my interest to limit peoples freedoms or to choke self-expression. It's just that I feel like it's my civic duty to at least say something. I do not think school is the appropriate environment for short/tight/revealing clothing. For example, I wouldn't want to see anyone wearing catsuits or bathing suits or etc. I don't just do this because it might be distracting to a few individuals, but because I'm trying to focus the activities of the people on educational matters and only educational matters. School isn't a dance club. It's not a place for s*** talking. Etc. Now, I"m not going to go full dictator because I realize humans aren't robots and they WILL break the rules sometimes. People have to be given room sometimes, or we'll legislate/regulate ourselves into extinction. Don't make punishments too severe and change the codes on special days.
edit on 9/19/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Complaints about someones dress, that doesnt break the dress code. Saying she was talked to by higher uos is no indication of a rule being broken. Can you illustrate any breech of dress code? Did she break any rules with her dress?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Is there a rule in the dress code aboit form fitting clothing? What short dress? The one in the OP comes down to nearly her knees.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No, just NO!

Complaints are jealousy?

and like another poster just commented, there is nothing inappropriate about how she dressed for her environment. She could have come into high school in anything she wants as long as she is not showing anything private for obvious reasons. Its what other portray from what they see, always been the case. Jealous women, ignorant judgments.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Its not the dress - - its how she presents it.

Spiked heels and skin tight fit.

Women know what they're doing. She knows how she is presenting herself. It's a high school.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No, just NO!

Complaints are jealousy?

and like another poster just commented, there is nothing inappropriate about how she dressed for her environment.

School, kids - - its not about her.

She has her priorities screwed up.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Nice attempt at shifting the spotlight. Wont work. You are making an assumption on how something was 'presented'. That makes the counterpoint of jealousy even more likely. She 'presented' it in a certain light by posing for a picture? Or because she wore heels? Speak for yourself, not everyone.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And now youre making assumptive judgements about her priorities? Yet more evidence towards jealousy. Is that all you have are assumptions? They hold zero weight.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That is what it is sounding like though. Anything besides your word to illustrate you are not?

The question is, is her appearance appropriate in a high school.

What does jealousy of her voluptuous body have to do with it?

And NO, I'm definitely not jealous of that type body.

Not sure if you're just trying to make a point with when it would be age-appropriate to don something that advertises everything like this dress or not, but for context, she's a fourth grade teacher. FOURTH GRADE. This is an elementary school teacher. A primary school teacher for our foreigners. Let that sink in.

This is still really bugging the hell out of me. How in the F# is this remotely acceptable for an elementary school teacher to wear around younger kids? It is not acceptable for children to dress like this, why their teacher? They're supposed to be role models teaching the educational smarts needed to get through life, hopefully with an upper hand for employment. Has "smarts" boiled down to using your sexiness in all places now? Forget learning anything & eventually putting it to use, let's just teach kids to flaunt it if you got it, someone else will surely float you, amirite? Some role model.

What the hell, people, think about the message this sends kids, girls especially. Sit down, shut up, and think (not you, Annie, everyone supporting her) You all want to bitch and moan about the poor morals in this country (or the West in general) turning girls into hyper-sexualized ho's at earlier and earlier ages, but this teacher gets a pass for setting a bad example to follow. THIS is how poor examples are set.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Does her dress reflect upon her ability to do her job? An assumption on your part.

Morals, and morality are, again, subjective words. Also, i dont bitch about morals, so ill thank you to not put words in my mouth.

Is it somehow not possible for her to be beautiful, and smart? Does one mean the other is not possible?
edit on 19-9-2016 by jjsr420 because: Added shtuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Does her dress reflect upon her ability to do her job? An assumption on your part.

IMO yes it does reflect on her ability to do the job. It's a subconscious lesson at this age, but it absolutely highlights that advertising your sexuality does more than just sell products.

Is it somehow not possible for her to be beautiful, and smart? Does one mean the other is not possible?

Caught your edit. Is it possible for any woman to dress like she's not out to get laid in a fourth grade classroom?
edit on 9/19/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No. Just no lol. Im not asking for OPINION. Let me rephrase the question.

Does that dress, and her beauty, somehow mean she cant teach properly?

More assumptions. Does anyone here have anything more than assumptions, and opinion?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join