It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Our teachers mostly wear jeans, t-shirts (non body hugging), and athletic shoes. Never seen one in spiked heels.

Should all teachers be required to dress like that, though?

How about this girl? Is she being too sexy? Similar dress and similar heels, but a thinner body.

Because I personally have dressed that way, I know it does affect your pysch, how you think and present yourself.

Speak for yourself. Changing my dress doesn't change how I think!

You think I believe that?

You dress with intent to be sexual - - and it doesn't affect you?

I'd say you're being dishonest with yourself.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

On the flip side, that dress would look stupid without heels.

Yes, exactly.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Exactly when I go out in my Mankini, I mean business and feel super sexy.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The dress that she is wearing in the OP photo is relatively mild compared to some of the photos that I found by doing an image search of 'teacher bae'.

I agree.

It is not the dress itself.

It is how she is presenting it, skin tight, with spiked heels.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

The problems is that the same outfit, can make somebody look stylish while it will make somebody else look like a whore.

That is the point, perception and what we think is supposed to be adequate for certain jobs.

Also body types have a lot to do with the way clothing fit.

Does that makes it fair for some to be able to wear the same dress and look ok, while others look inappropriate?

No it does not.

That is why many businesses has incorporated uniforms for their workers to avoid problems, one look for all, but in different sizes

Do I think the lady in the OP look ok for her job?, well, is she an outstanding teacher? or a mediocre, does her students like her or hate her, see, unless she is naked or showing her goodies is not body business.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

You wear that even better than Borat.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Too skinny for me.

Give me a solid on the ground strong shouldered man

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah but it looked better on your bedroom floor....

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

You should move to Hawaii, I spend 3 years in Hawaii when my husband was station in Kaneohe bay and in Waikiki men and women wore less than that and it was the norm and socially acceptable, and guess what, it didn't matter if you had the body for the looks or not, nobody care.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

What you are suggesting is that girls should only be exposed to frumpy body negative images of adults..thats unhealthy. it will create a impression that any woman who is dressed nicely isn't professional, that she offers nothing except looks.

Never said any such thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

To be fair I've put a little weight on since then...

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree that's a potential problem, but it's deflection, because casual manners of dress ARE allowed at school. At least show consistency in the dress code verses the students. That picture is bad for me, because I just can't see any student ever being dressed that way acceptable outside of an event. I can only envision this causing her male students to have thoughts, and while I really don't care about that, what I also picture, is the female students mirroring her behaviors as a role model.(dressing provocatively at school.)

Trust me, her 'casual' is professional enough if that's her 'daily'.
edit on 18-9-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

You are not Chippendale stripper but hell I applaud you for wearing that, only a real man will dare.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I think she is shapely and hot. I recently moved to the south actually, and i wouldve thought the same before moving here.

You are correct about the sizes down here. However the biggest thing I have noticed is T shirts and lack of short shorts on women. Almost all you see here is women wearing t shirts and longer shorts. Athletic shorts too, not skin tight demin.

In 'the north' and the west you would never ever see a young woman wearing a t shirt out in public and the shorts? Always as short and tight as can be. Always 'dressed up' even for a run to the store.

Overall i think the attire down here is much more modest. Of course the heat and humidity plays a role i am sure and I am leaving out the club and the beach.

Dont get me started on the guys shorts down here though. Omg. The amount of upper man thigh you see in the south is bonkers. The guys here actually wear spandex under their shorts because without it when they sit down youd be seeing the goods for sure. Im pretty sure they even shave their thighs for said shorts. Lol.
edit on 18-9-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

To be fair I've put a little weight on since then...

LOL - - better, at least for me

Its funny, I'm tall and thin (well, was) - - - and people often thought I was from New York, even though I'm born and bred Southern California.

I wore designer dresses/suits, spiked heels, and had red hair. But, I'm just not attracted to thin men or men in suits.

You Got Me!!!!

edit on 18-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I personally would not wear this in a professional environment, because I don't like the message it sends, just like I don't like to walk into an office and see the receptionists boobs that have been pushed her to her neck, or hanging loosely in her dress.

It sends a message, and she has the right to send it. It says "I need attention, I have poor taste, I want men to look at me, something is wrong with me on the inside, I have poor self-esteem, and no other way to get attention". When I see a woman like that, I think "you poor thing, you need attention that badly, even if it's negative."

Which it is. But let them wear it. Then we see what sad little people they are.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Fear not, Sharia law will be with you soon my brother...

Even if Shari law was the law of all lands, it would not stop impure thoughts, rape, or abuse.

So what it is obviously not the solution.

How about everybody being responsible for the their own actions, and receiving a punishment worth of their crimes?

I know. Easier said then done.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This works for me. It erased ever impure thought I ever had.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This works for me. It erased ever impure thought I ever had.

LOL - -

What can I say? I'm attracted to Bears (straight ones).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But, not if they wear skin tight "I'm trying to hard" clothes. NO to the Mankini.

edit on 18-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I have been all over thanks to my husband been a marine, he is now retired, but you are right, T-shirts are a big thing here, I remember when I was in Quantico Virginia people will dress very professional even if they were in their off days.

Moving here was an eye opening, still in Sundays you will find most people dress for the occasion that is church, older ladies will wear their hats too.

But right now leggings are in, with the T-shirts. I am not a fan of T-shirts I wore none, I am a tank top person, but that is because I am slim, in the winter I go for jeans leggings and boots.

And I am big in Zumba clothing as I am a zumba enthusiast and dance 5 days a week, so I have a lot of zumba clothing.

The style is more of cargo pants, leggings and tank fitting tops.

Love it. still I have seen ladies wearing clothing like the one in the OP, but no for school to teach, the teachers I meet and work with were more of Sunday church clothing, but then again most of them didn't have the lady in the OP shape.

edit on 18-9-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join