It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Appropriate Wear For Females in School

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So in some states 15 yr old girls are told to get used to seeing male genitalia inside the locker rooms and in others, cheerleaders need to cover up because some little pansy gets offended and a teacher needs to wear more appropriate clothing because some might get distracted.

This country has gone crazy.

See what happens when you attempt to cater to the opinions of anyone who feels offended? You create one giant web of contradicting stupidity.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

No, lightedhype...trust me, no insecurities.

I was merely drawing parallels...more so to the female monkey whose seasonal mating hormones cause the BIG red butt that she STRUTS, thereby sending the males into autopilot mating frenzy. Human females with big boobs-n-butts tend to strut their "come on's" much the same way...like the teacher in training seems to be demonstrating. I doubt her butt is either red, nor swells up seasonally though. Have you no sense of comparative humor?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

In this case, I'd have to say, that dress isn't appropriate for school. She wears it well, but there is no way that won't be a distraction to the male students in her class. The cheerleader uniforms, the kids needs to get over it. Assuming they are decent, of course. If everything is covered, it's just a skirt. For a teacher, though, she needs to look professional, and be able to have the kids listing to what she teaches, not staring at her dress. On that note, though, to be fair, I'd bet the guys don't sleep in her class! So, I am a bit back and forth on this one, I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Funny, yesterday out of the blue, my wife shows me a vid of a gal presenter for the news and says, "look at this".

I said what is it about? She said it doesn't matter.

I'm like, wut?

She says look at the girl. (western gal in a chinese dress).

I said, ok what am I missing?

Her top buttons were undone, from the high neck of the dress for about 2-3 buttons to her clavicle.

She said it was unacceptable and if she was chinese, she would be called a whore! lol! OOOOOOOOOOOkay!

In school, there should be a standard of dress for students and teachers. They are there to learn and teach book stuff, not the latest fashion craze.

After school, no problem.

Anyone who's spent some quality Aqualung time at a mall here in HK, can tell you how distracting clothes can be.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That teacher is a very fine female specimen. I can certainly see how her attire could be distracting to the male students.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"Impure thoughts"?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

For info the lady in the bottom photograph is none other than British celebrity chef and general sexpot Nigella Lawson who was absolutely panned in the press 6 or 7 years ago when that photo was published. Her choice of outfit was a result of body shaming.

Top lass.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

For info the lady in the bottom photograph is none other than British celebrity chef and general sexpot Nigella Lawson who was absolutely panned in the press 6 or 7 years ago when that photo was published. Her choice of outfit was a result of body shaming.

Top lass.

Body shaming?

She said she wore it because she's fair skinned.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So young males cant control themselves now? Im rather offended by that. I think its more how we raise them than anything else. I was raised to have this thing absent in many kids these days, called willpower. I wouldnt have gotten all googly eyed at this teacher. This is such a nonissue.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I been watching STar Trek (Original Series) lately and I've noticed the dress-uniforms on them are so short! In some scenes I have to wonder if some unmentionables are visible? In one scene I'm remembering McCoy's assistant walks past and the camara is quite low and you just about see something.... This issue makes me think of that. When I was a kid, I never thought about their uniforms, just the shows. Even now, I'm focusing on the narrative and characters. BUT I'm an adult now, so the woman are more visible.

One insignificant example--you can see similar in every episode.

When I was a kid I watched TOS and TNG. I never thought about the short dress-uniforms or the costumes which showed a lot of skin. This isn't in a school setting, but a lot of kids were watching these shows.

We have codes. We have rules and standards we set. That's why people can't go to school naked or use curse words or whatnot. In some way, we're reducing adversity, but in others we're simply staying on task. We don't go to school to have sex. We don't go to school to s*** talk. Of course, we're not robots, so we sometimes do things at school we're not supposed to. Nothing wrong with that, if you're not caught or don't go too far with it.
edit on 9/19/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Kind of depends which of the articles you tend to believe. Reports range from the Daily Mail reporting it was because her ex-hubby liking her to be paler through to the Guardian reporting various reasons from criticism of her body (which as a lass who is famous for indulging is understandable).

Either way if true (and I'm easy either way) she was covering up to please her ex or because she felt uncomfortable in herself.

Apologies if that wasn't clear

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

Kind of depends which of the articles you tend to believe.

True.

But UK tabloids are notorious.

I'm fair skinned. I've thought of doing the same. Just to protect myself from the elements.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I been watching STar Trek (Original Series) lately and I've noticed the dress-uniforms on them are so short! In some scenes I have to wonder if some unmentionables are visible? In one scene I'm remembering McCoy's assistant walks past and the camara is quite low and you just about see something.... This issue makes me think of that. When I was a kid, I never thought about their uniforms, just the shows.

I thought about the uniforms. They were ridiculous for a working uniform traveling the galaxy, meeting new civilizations.

They were, of course, for the viewing pleasure of the TV watcher.

Their intent was sex appeal.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's not much different from the widespread use of enormous jugs and lots of skin in 3d models and advertising for games. No woman warrior in a realistic medieval environment, especially a cold one, would dress in skimpy rags. And yet that's how she's dressed more often than not. The guy will have a full chestplate, but the woman will not so her breasts are visible. All too oftne it happens that way. Same thing with her legs. Skin is like real estate.

I could ask whether there's a double standard applied. Are woman in games more sexualized than the men are? It's something I've always wondered about. I'm not exactly sure because I'm not attracted to men.

I do think it's stupid oftentimes. If you're playing a game to immerse in it, what sense does it make for a lady to be dressed so sparingly even in a sub-zero blizzard? She should be frozen solid and dead already.
edit on 9/19/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
It's not much different from the widespread use of enormous jugs and lots of skin in 3d models and advertising for games. No woman warrior in a realistic medieval environment, especially a cold one, would dress in skimpy rags. And yet that's how she's dressed more often than not. The guy will have a full chestplate, but the woman will not so her breasts are visible.

Those graphic artists must enjoy themselves.

But, Star Trek was not a cartoon or video game (in the beginning).

Roddenberry had a vision.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It is all just a waste of breath... People dress how they like, where they like when they like. School or not. If they headteacher had a serious problem with the way their staff dressed they would address it or fire them eventually. However how anyone dresses male or female is up to them. Normally judging by the above photo, many women are probably jealous of her figure what most women would dream to have naturally. This is normally what it boils down to, jealous from women and men if it is a male in question. It is basically no better then a child getting upset about what another child has or does not have. Its ridiculous!

If a women wishes to show off her entire body or a man for that sake in the right place, they can. Seriously people, this is how clothes and material things are effecting your minds.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I'll see your StarTrek and raise you a UFO.

Great series, crazy looks for the females.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Normally judging by the above photo, many women are probably jealous of her figure what most women would dream to have naturally.

It's scary how many male posters have stated this jealousy angle.

No, just NO!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That is what it is sounding like though. Anything besides your word to illustrate you are not?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is the double edge sword of 3rd wave feminism.
On one hand we do want women to feel empowered and able to wear whatever she wants.
But on the other teaching children and attending a high profile business meeting are completely different things.

How is she gonna keep up with a bunch of kids in heels like that?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join