It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

And you're the perfect example of anti-Christianity. You said it yourself "eye for an eye".

Such loving, caring Christians need to get revenge fuelled by anger and hatred of everything not Christian.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

And you're the perfect example of anti-Christianity. You said it yourself "eye for an eye".

Such loving, caring Christians need to get revenge fuelled by anger and hatred of everything not Christian.

Im not a perfect Christian, I obviously have my flaws and my own sins. There are many Christians better than me, more loving and more caring.

However, this does not mean that I will be a push over either. I will defend myself when under attack. My purpose is to teach lessons. At least I don't shoot to kill. But when backed into a corner, I'll have no choice but to go through my opponent.

However, now you are justifying your own actions. You fail to take personal responsibility when it comes to mutual respect. To gain respect you must give it. Otherwise if you are disrespectful to begin with, then dont cry when people disrespect you back.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Under attack by what, exactly?

Oh, you mean when you post rubbish and get called out on it? That's not an attack, that's calling out rubbish.

ETA: But carry on with the off topic ranting to defend a violent Christian.
edit on 492016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
You fail to take personal responsibility when it comes to mutual respect. To gain respect you must give it.

Gee, thanks Confucius. Kind of ironic coming from a guy who's first post in the thread said this:

Golden Rule

"Do not do unto others as ye would not do unto thyself. "

In other words the muslim deserved it.

You obviously did not read the link to the Christian hate group's page or watch the video before commenting. You just saw 'Muslim gets punched' and got a little spiritual erection.

So tell us, how should we respect this kind of behavior?

edit on 4-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Just for once, I will agree with you and I stand corrected. It does apply to all who are non believers. But they do specify Jews & Christians.

Oh, I know. I've seen that passage as well as others. Plus, the standard rhetoric from many Islamic 'authorities' (ie: Iran, Palestine) all want Israel wiped out. And while I am no Israel fan by any means, I don't want to see genocide unless it's warranted. And that is not.

But who knows, maybe im just being biased, and taking things out of context. My bad. I'll leave the rest up to human thought.

To be fair, we're all biased - no one here is impartial, of that I think we can all agree. However, this is my main contention with religion -- as much as each speaks of coming together and peace and love and harmony, it's only homogenous *within* that religion. If you stray out, you're 'out'.

And one only needs to turn a few pages back in any of their histories to see just how hateful and spiteful they are to 'whichever' group of people at the time they had a grievance with. When I say 'they' I mean the religious texts used to govern their respective faiths, not necessarily the people.

I certainly do not see you as a violent or hateful Christian. And neither are the majority of Muslims.

Sadly, it isn't the majorities of religions we need to worry about -- it's the minorities of those religions that seemingly cannot wait for the end of the world, or the end of their lives, and through whichever horrendous mechanisms required

I agree with this post. Even if this poster im quoting does not agree with me fully. I still have respect for him because he did not resort to attacking me on a personal level. If I could star this post 100 times I would.

This is a clear example of two opposing ideologies entering a realm of peace and mutual respect. When mutual respect is reached, live and let live comes. (Quoting Augustus.)

But you're right, we're all biased when it comes down to the deepest core.

One point I would like to make however, is that we cannot dismiss the possibility of the powers that be manipulating history to fit their own narrative and agenda. And anyone would do well to question everything they were taught.

Right now we are witnessing alot of corruption in the world. A question that should be asked: "How long has it really been going on?"

edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 04 Sep 2016 11:42:49 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Sep 2016 11:42:49 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You fail to take personal responsibility when it comes to mutual respect. To gain respect you must give it.

Gee, thanks Confucius. Kind of ironic coming from a guy who's first post in the thread said this:

Golden Rule

You obviously did not read the link to the Christian hate group's page or watch the video before commenting. You just saw 'Muslim gets punched' and got a little spiritual erection.

Again, saying it is Christian when the Video in the OP clearly stated "catholic prayer".

Go debate with the catholics on this issue. I have nothing to do with the catholic cult who worships Mary/Daaath.

To those wondering.

Hail Mary! Hail Satan! CATHOLICISM, MOTHER OF HARLOTS

Plenty of resources in that one link.

edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 04 Sep 2016 11:47:48 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Sep 2016 11:47:48 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Golden Rule

Again, saying it is Christian when the Video in the OP clearly stated "catholic prayer".

Go debate with the catholics on this issue. I have nothing to do with the catholic cult who worships Mary/Daaath.

Yet the group in question are ACTUALLY Christians. They're called the Soldiers of Christ. I even linked to their website.

But it's ok for you to ignore it, just like you ignore other Christian terrorism because "people were planted" LOL.

ETA: from there own HOMEPAGE

Through this web site we hope to glorify
our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by:

Equipping Soldiers of Christ

Making Disciples of lukewarm Christians

Exposing cults and false beliefs including Evolution

Growing the Faith of Christians

Creating an online means of sharing information between Christians & Non-believers

Winning the lost for Christ

Looks like they say they're Christian.
edit on 492016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just because a fringe cult of a larger cult does not think the larger group of cult members is not in the cult does not make it so.

Why? I am not the one trying to distance myself from my fellow Christians.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Big round of applause for the mod DONTREADONME for changing the title to actually what it really does show!

Thank you

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Big round of applause for the mod DONTREADONME for changing the title to actually what it really does show!

Thank you

Agreed. Nice one

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: In4ormant

Well yes, and that may be true. But having your elderly priest's throat slit during service is how these things get started from purely a psychological evaluation.

The hate you are seeing is that this is being used as propaganda.

Just as a philosophical example if your kid was raped and you shoot the guy before he goes to trial that is a different thing than shooting a man for fun

Just read about this example sorry for the dramatic example.

No. People like you linking every incident together is how these spiral out of control.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Realtruth

Could you imagine and just look at the flack this american Olympic swimmer took for behaving badly in another country....why others are required to demonstrate so much depth and understanding while foreigners in country act like fools.

Some guy goes into a church and shoots black parishioners and a flag is banned but a Muslim rips up a night club killing almost 50 and calls for tolerance continue......oh and blaming them american gun culture.

Lets put the indignation where it belongs people.

The American swimmer is an Olympic athlete who lied about being robbed at gunpoint. Do you think if it was some tourist, it would mad the press?

Use your common sense

Secondly. Do I have to pick a side? Or am I allowed to be indignant about the priest AND this guy being suckerpunched?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Are you trying to insult me or hurt my feelings?

No. Nothing wrong with being a homosexual. Embrace it.

It really sounds like your trying to frame that as an insult and if so that seems really counter intuitive to your seemingly liberal nature. Hahahaha fag...really???

I was just being cheeky by mirroring your thought process. Ironic that you perceived it in such a way, huh...? Btw, I don't understand the meaning of socially engineered labels such as "liberal". What do you mean by using that term? Also, how did you become *conditioned* to use or throw that term around?

You responded to my last comment in this thread but didn't want to address my FIRST comment in this thread. Why? Here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thoughts...?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Thank you

It's funny because the man who so rudely interrupted the Catholic prayer was one of the Catholics who were supposed to be praying. I guess praying isn't nearly as satisfying as punching your ethnic neighbor.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

okay, let's take a look at your logic..
you are saying that the roman empire hijacked the christian faith early on for their own purposes... I can agree with that.
they then started persecuting those followers of the religion, forcing them to either buy their version or die.. again I can agree to that..

but then....
every other denomination we have today are the children of the catholic faiths, created by catholics who just found too much crap within that religion that they couldn't believe in.... like, I don't know... a king of england should be able to ditch his wife and remarry whenever he wanted to?

I ain't saying that there might be a few true followers of the original christian religion around... but most probably aren't practicing the pure form.. but, in order to protect your religion, you are willing to throw all the catholics under the boss to prove that this guy really wasn't christian...
let's all start arguing over who is and who isn't christian...

ya know what I think I have a better way to see things, but then, you will have to accept the idea that not all muslims are bad also...

every religion man has ever come up with has paved a two way highway... you can travel one way on it and help create heaven on earth, or you can travel the other way and end up helping to create a hell on earth. which way you choose to travel on this highway will be determined by the desires of your heart and your motives for believing in the religion to begin with. one way offers power, riches, might grant you authority over others in the flock. it demands obedience and offers harsh punishments to the disobedient. it seeks expansion, control of the civil gov't offices, it tries to create their view of heaven from the top down. the way offers a life of loving self sacrifice and freedom, demands humility and kindness to others, offers forgiveness for trespasses and seeks to create their view of heaven from the ground up...with the actions of each person.
the sacred texts can be justified by those following that highway in either direction, but, it's their heart that decides which verses they chose to focus on.

if you view the world in this perspective, you begin to draw that battle lines a little differently. it becomes clearer why some groups in our government wish to overthrow secular middle eastern leaders and leave vacuums for the extremist islamic groups to take over.... since those groups are being controlled by their christian extremist counter parts.

edit on 4-9-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is pretty funny this has turn d into an argument of "what is a Christian" when we've still to establish the victim was a Muslim.

And just for sh*ts & giggles...
This thread is still disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

We are in increasingly complex times.
Putting yourself in other peoples shoes is a divine art.
Punching people out of nowhere is not self defence. It's radicalism.

I'm afraid people are being conditioned to lose their humanity.
We had it in the Army started simple in basic training some trainer slips in "sand monkey" or "haji" and it goes from there till you're in some briefing with some heavy metal track on top of videos of helicopters gunning down people who had no idea they were under attack...

I didn't expect to go from that to what I'm seeing on ATS these days.

It's like wishing Hillary has a heart attack.. Wow now you are like the people you hate.. You hate those causing death and destruction on this earth and now you are wishing death on them.. Oh wait now you are them.. How do you think "tptb" became the way they are? They fought monsters and became the monsters they fought

I'm in absolute disbelief this topic wasn't over after one page..
I'm flabbergasted at how obvious that we witnessed an assault on an innocent man and people are creating their own fake story lines, making their own biased news..

The only thing that needs to happen is to throw that man in jail and convince the rest of you supporting violent fools the error of your ways before it's too late.

I'll just leave this hear and hope it could warm some hearts.

edit on 4-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

"Oh it's a right wing site so it must be a lie" Do you realize how silly that sounds?

It does not sound as silly as you misunderstanding the context of what I stated to formulate the thought you have expressed here and the question you posed from such misunderstanding...

If you re-read my entire comment that you quoted my words from, perhaps you might be able to understand why I ended my comment with that thought and put forth the question. Heck, maybe if you contemplate many of the comments in this thread asking the same question, you might come to understand my words in the proper context.

if you ask me to assume something is a lie because the site is of a polar opposite to your own beliefs.

What are my beliefs, OP...?

As I previously stated in the comment you quoted my above words from:

How do YOU know he was a Muslim, OP?

I couldn't tell the difference between the ones praying, the bystanders, and the guy who got assaulted. They all looked and dressed the same to me other than their *complexion*.

It's a SIMPLE common sense question, OP. Try answering it...

I'm neither "left" nor "right"

Again with the socially engineered labels. What is this *left or right* nonsense, OP? Do you understand from a psychological angle why I keep pressing you on this particular cartoon talking point you seem to use as a counter deflection argument...? It is thought poor to do so.

so maybe that is why it is easier for me to take the information presented for what it is instead of getting stuck on my own confirmation bias.

How ironic...

OP, your entire thought process throughout this thread demonstrated quite the opposite of what your words claimed above...

Despite information presented by others that shows that the entire narrative in the article might be fiction and panders to those with a bias, you still hold onto your views.

Again:

OP, maybe the guy has no religious affiliation and the right wing news website you provided as your source decided to attach the label "Muslim" to the guy just to give people with Islamphobia (and those who try to hide it) something to salivate on.

You claim to have an open mind. Yet, you refuse to contemplate the possibility it is a B.S story meant to pander to people with bias and bigotry. Instead, you attempt to push back the goal post by proceeding to rant "Oh it's a right wing site so it must be a lie" which deflects from the crux of my statement.

Again: How do YOU know he is Muslim, OP?

I'm neither "left" nor "right" so maybe that is why it is easier for me to take the information presented for what it is instead of getting stuck on my own confirmation bias.

Taking information presented for what it is is a sure sign of a mind that lacks discernment and/or critical thought.

Let it marinate.

edit on 4-9-2016 by Involutionist because: Grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

They may say they are Christians. But are they really Christians? If they follow the Catholic doctrine then they are not really christians. Hell you and agustus have both proven that some of the things ive said were not christian at all. And I agree it is not christian to do Violence. (This does not apply to self defense. That is the only time when force would be necessary, but a last resort. To protect life.) Self defense is something anyone can agree on, unless you would allow someone to kill you. Sorry I will not go the way of the dodo bird, Regardless of belief.

My arguement however is that the Christian faith is not the same as the Catholics. As proven here on a Christian Website:

Hail Mary! Hail Satan! CATHOLICISM, MOTHER OF HARLOTS

But here is where you and augustus keep making the same mistakes. Trying to tie christianity with catholicism when they clearly have different faiths.

I agree, some of the things I said on eye for an eye are not Christian at all. I speak mostly for myself as a weak human being who dislikes bullies with a passion and recognize their own tactics because I myself was bullied even as a kid in high school.

The point being, and why i kept going off topic is because you and agustus as well as a few others resort to:
1. Name calling
2. Character assasination
3. RIdicule
4. Putting words in their mouths that they did not even say. (which turns you into a manipulative liar mind you.)
5. Dismiss information even when they are known facts.

These are the same characteristics of a bully.

You see, Monsters tend to create bigger monsters. Yet the original monsters try to blame the monster they themselves created and don't take personal responsibility for their own actions. So they blame the victim who Reacts. When they themselves are to blame for causing chaos in the first place.

In this thread, I am cassie and you and augustus are the bully bullying cassie. (An example

This is precisely what is wrong with society. The Bullies. And honestly, as a human being, no matter what faith or belief you have, there comes a time that enough is enough. People will always Pop when the last drop fills the barrel. Then finally the bully meets his own fate at the hands of the very monster they created.

That is why i said, poke a puppy long enough. See what happens to you. The puppy will bite back. You disagree? Too bad.You reap what you sow. And that is the ultimate truth.

And that is what liberals are. Bullies. Why are they bullies? Because (I repeat myself)
1. Name calling
2. Character assasination
3. RIdicule
4. Putting words in their mouths that they did not even say. (which turns you into a manipulative liar mind you.)
5. Dismiss information even when they are known facts.

Which is in technicality the characteristics a bully.

Monsters will ultimately create bigger monsters with rage.

Who's to say the same does not apply to the OP?

People are fed up with ISIS, which happens to be radical ISLAM. Sooner or late full out war will break out because the bullies are out of control. Welcome to the beast.

My point: respect if you wish to be respected. If you don't respect. You deserve nothing at all. I speak this as a human being. Not a christian. And trust me. I have enough rage inside to be pissed.

Whether you believe me or not it is irrelevent. The fact is. You do not know me. And yes I am out for revenge. The Illuminati kidnapped my ex two years ago. And ive been after them ever since.

They are real, they exist and they torment me every day. But to you, its just a conspiracy theory. To me its a reality because I experienced them.

One thing I dislike above all. Is a bully. And they will all meet their fate. I am a clear example right now of anti christian by speaking these words. So be it.

But I will not sit here and stand by while you get away with bullying. So I call you out for what you both are.

Good day.

edit on th2016000000Sundayth000000Sun, 04 Sep 2016 15:04:06 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Sep 2016 15:04:06 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Well said Reverbs.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join