It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: TerryDon79

Lol, typical response from an atheist... "atheism is about a lack of belief"... Not believing in something, when the facts show it does exist, is a false belief.

No, not "not believing in something" either.

It's a lack of belief. Not a belief there isn't or a belief there is. A lack of belief EITHER WAY. It's really it that hard to understand, for a normal person.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

"Atheism is a religion". The atheist belief for a need to "free mankind from religion" spawned the original form of communism which oppressed religious belief anywhere it could. Even these days we still see the mark of the belief system of atheism to need to oppress religion even in western nations.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It looks like you're getting agnosticism and atheism mixed up.

link   

link   

You even corroborate the fact that atheism is a belief system by not believing what Roman historians wrote about Jesus and claiming he probably didn't even exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

It looks like you're getting agnosticism and atheism mixed up.

Nope. Karl Marx was an atheist who "believed" he needed to cure the masses of the need for religion and to do so all religions had to be oppressed.

link   
**********PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT********

Attention! Cut out the back and forward bickering .
The thread is Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer, stick to the topic and not each other.

Any further actions may result in Posting Bans.

Do not reply to this message.
Besides it's Sunday, give us a break from monitoring this off topic silliness !!

ATS staff.

link   

That's a different type of belief.

All atheism is is a lack of belief in a single deity or multiple deities. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything else is individual opinions.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You just said it yourself. He was an athiest. He then had a separate belief about religions. That doesn't mean all atheists agree on everything.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The movement Marx, and Engels started was not just a one man show there were/are millions of atheists who were part of the system which helped to oppress religions and religious people. The same thing happened, and is still happening in places like China.

Anyway, yes what the Catholic man did was wrong but can't help but wonder why you are so adamant in trying to portray all Catholics as not being peaceful...
edit on 4-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: imsoconfused
Lol Uhm You have me all wrong.

No, I meant what I said so how could I 'have you wrong'?

I hate religion. You said the J-man turns the other cheek, I said what about his daddy. None of them actually turn the other cheek was my point.

ETA. Wow this thread went nuts.
edit on 4-9-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The movement Marx, and Engels started was not just a one man show there were/are millions of atheists who were part of the system which helped to oppress religions and religious people. The same thing happened, and is still happening in places like China.
Based on individual beliefs, not because of atheism.

Anyway, yes what the Catholic man did was wrong but can't help but wonder why you are so adamant in trying to portray all Catholics as not being peaceful...
He belongs to a Christian group called the soldiers of Christ. That makes him a Christian.

And as for "portraying all Catholics...". Show me where I did that? All I referred to was that Christian and his Christians cult as being violent.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
I too "follow" a non western religion (but it's not Islam). Does that mean there's no room for me either because I don't believe in your God?

Not at all, so long as your religion :
- Does not infringe upon or deny the freedom to anyone in my society
- Does not advocate or condone violence or harm to those who do not believe in your belief
- Is kept out of all govt and politics
- Is kept out of all public schools.

Frankly, I really couldn't care less what religion you believe - so long as you adhere to the above, we're cool.

Also, I do not believe in any God(s). So let's get that clear.
edit on 4-9-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It wasn't an individual belief because millions followed it.

He belongs to a Christian group called the soldiers of Christ. That makes him a Christian.

The op thread reads "...Catholic prayer...". The murdered priest was Catholic. I am not familiar with that group you mentioned, but your disdain for all religious people it's just obvious.

And as for "portraying all Catholics...". Show me where I did that? All I referred to was that Christian and his Christians cult as being violent.

On several occasions you full blown attack all Christians, including Catholics, and you even try to portray Christianity in general as a cult but don't mention the atrocities committed in the name of atheism which still occur to this day.

Not all atheists are bad people but atheism does have a really bad track record when it comes to human rights.

edit on 4-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

ETA. Wow this thread went nuts.

Right! That made me lol, this is crazy people really are passionate about their religions the same way people are about their sports teams. I feel so much happier and free to live my life since I denounced religion. I still have a fundamental sense of morality but it is so much more organic and adaptable to the grey areas in life. Life is far from black and white or right and wrong, so much more complicated than that. For those that like deep reading I suggest The Tao Te Cheng and other ancient Eastern works. You can do something bad for the greater good and it's ok but you will still pay a karmic price for that negative deed eventually. I think I've finally caught up and nullified most of my bad karma which could be why my life has been so great over these last few years. Now I just need to keep it this way which is why I try to help those that truly need it when I am able.

edit on 4-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It wasn't an individual belief because millions followed it.
And millions of people believe in ghosts, ufos, aliens and who knows what. That doesn't mean that because 1 Buddhist believes it that they're all Buddhists.

The op thread reads "...Catholic prayer...". The murdered priest was Catholic. I am not familiar with that group you mentioned, but your disdain for all religious people it's just obvious.
Yep, it was changed. But if you follow the links to the French article (you know, the evidence) it says the attacker was from the Soldiers of Christ.

On several occasions you full blown attack all Christians, including Catholics, and you even try to portray Christianity in general as a cult but don't mention the atrocities committed in the name of atheism which still occur to this day.

Not all atheists are bad people but atheism does have a really bad track record when it comes to human rights.
So does most religion.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Heh?... "You can do something bad for the greater good but it's ok"? You think that type of moral belief is ok?

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join