It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I suggest The Tao Te Cheng and other ancient Eastern works. You can do something bad for the greater good and it's ok but you will still pay a karmic price for that negative deed eventually.

God bless those new agers who spew that nonsense. I suggest you re-read The Tao again and dive deeper into other Eastern philosophical teachings because you obviously didn't comprehend it fully based on your thoughts expressed above.

Back to the thread topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thoughts...?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

I suggest The Tao Te Cheng and other ancient Eastern works. You can do something bad for the greater good and it's ok but you will still pay a karmic price for that negative deed eventually.

God bless those new agers who spew that nonsense. I suggest you re-read The Tao again and dive deeper into other Eastern philosophical teachings because you obviously didn't comprehend it fully based on your thoughts expressed above.

Back to the thread topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thoughts...?

No need to be so smug, admittedly I am not finished so only somewhat familiar as opposed to fully versed. I know you don't like me and are going to look for any opportunity to belittle or besmirch me but damn this thread is pretty much dead and you just had to pop in for more...lol it's kind of pathetic really.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't know you personally to NOT like you, I separate the person from their views. I'm sure you're a good person in real life like most people are.

It is your thought process and views expressed along with your approach (refusing to deal directly with the topic and choosing to deflect to lesser important things) throughout the thread that does not resonate with me. That is what I do not like. You like to push back the goal post...

I know you don't like me and are going to look for any opportunity to belittle or besmirch me but damn this thread is pretty much dead and you just had to pop in for more...lol it's kind of pathetic really.

You seem afraid or hesitant to respond to my post that was in response to your comment earlier and just typed the above out as a way of escaping having to do so...

Again: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thoughts...?

Also, I'm not concerned about this thread being alive or dead. I am concerned with the TOPIC of YOUR thread. This is why I asked in my previous comment to address my earlier response (not to run from it). But it seems you want to talk about metaphysics all of the sudden, and how much I don't like you, and the thread being dead, as way of deflecting from doing so...

Btw, you do realize what you accused me of, you are guilty of doing the same...as you typed that out? You sure do love irony, bruh. There is no doubt about that.

Here, you ran from the meat of this comment as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You don't have to respond. I knew right from the beginning you couldn't...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

some people just don't see muslum, or christian, and don't let the color of one's skin cloud their judgement...
they just see one human being assault another, and instinctively know such behavior cannot be justified! if you need to create fictitious muslum men where none are there, then more than likely you are hoping that others will allow such labels cloud their judgements.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Someone who believes in karma should really not support sucker punching innocent people. There is no greater good in that only equal or lesser or greater violence coming back at you. THIS is the exact reasoning behind "turn the other cheek" except in this case you can only hope the victim turns the other cheek..

It's 4 minutes and gets into karma a bit.. It's an epic little gem.

Thank god for people like the person posting above me.. This is so obviously wrong and so the opposite of what the op says.. It's so obvious that I'm starting to question if certain people on this earth are even alive.. Like maybe I could show them a gorilla and they'd say "oooh cute mouse!"

Like wtf is happening.

edit on 5-9-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE:

The conversation is getting way too personal and the tit for tat needs to stop. Discussing each other is never on topic.

Please move on if you're just here to take personal jabs at each other.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Then, around WW1 it started to ease and is now past its peak. It's 'done'.

I guess you didn't watch the video I shared earlier. I wouldn't describe the efficiency and speed at which heretics were killed in WW II as "started to ease" (I know, you were describing WW I, but WW II is after that and you used "started", not to mention that the flocks were encouraged to kill during WW I as well, the same bloodguilt, see bible quotations further below). "now past its peak" might be an accurate description though (but probably not as far past as you're thinking, the techniques have just changed* and it's not as much about killing anymore).

* =

‘Sect’ is another word for ‘heretic,’ ..., and a heretic today in Germany, as in former times, is [condemned to extermination]—if not by fire . . . , then by character assassination, isolation and economic destruction. - German Professor Martin Kriele in 1993

Sect Synonyms, Sect Antonyms | Thesaurus.com:

cult

Revelation 18:23,24 (concerning the destruction of Babylon the Great, which I spoke about earlier):

23 No light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; for your merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, and by your spiritistic practices all the nations were misled. 24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Regarding real Christians in contrast, 2 Corinthians 10:3:

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* according to [what we are in the] flesh.

* = Lit., “we are not doing military service.” Lat., non . . . mi·li·taʹmus.

Anyone who did military service in WW I while calling themselves Christian (killing other supposed Christians in a similar situation) was a big fat hypocrite. But it counts a whole lot more for their churches and preachers claiming to represent and present what the bible teaches but instead of bringing up the verse above would prefer to promote nationalism and do things like blessing weapons and soldiers, on both sides, by the same churches.

There's a difference between Christendom and Christianity, you used the wrong word regarding whose actions you were describing. My previous comment contains more clues regarding which word is appropiate in which context.

Let's do some guesswork, I guess that if the churches in Europe (including Russia) and America would have emphasized that biblical teaching of not doing military service to their flocks and expelled or shunned members that consistently would ignore that teaching and not change their ways (consequence), the armies of those countries would have lost about 90% of their soldiers to order around, if not more (depending on how many would be prepared to leave their church to remain in military service). Still thinking about the numbers in WW I.
edit on 6-9-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

As tired as you are of Christians being persecuted by Muslims, Muslims have been and are more persecuted by Judaism and Christianity ALL DAY.

Jihad has nothing to do with war, it means struggle, and Muslim nations are constantly being screwed over by the west. From having 9/11 blamed on them to other false flag terrorist incidents and now you have a US Presidential candidate who is openly spewing hate propaganda about them.

The fact that they played loud music in public is rude but the reaction shows the hypocrisy of the Christian faith that says one thing and does another.

I think Islam is great, I don't support war, neither side has the right to go to war unless they are invaded and America has never been militarily invaded by Islam.

We need to stop fighting, just withdraw from the middle east and let Israel fend for itself. Today. 15 years of the phony war on terror means teenagers today have never lived in a time when young adults weren't sent off to die for reasons that are not true.

As far as I know Muslims and Christians generally get along and the media is just using agitprop to demonize Islam.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am sorry to claim opposition to the OP.
But as a Catholic I am ashamed to witness such brutal force.
I was in tears when I saw this.
We are called to "turn the other cheek".
And if I must refer to, both, the act in Gethsemane where The Lord admonishes Peter for cutting off the ear of a centurion and His refusal to call upon the angels to save him from death.
We are not called to such brute force. It is shameful.

No wonder the world hates and despise us with such self righteous deeds.
Shameful.

And who are we to compare our selves to the acts of other "radical" religious groups when we behave as illiterate children.
Shameful, I am ashamed on behalf of my fellow Catholics.
WIS

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This thread has dissolved a lot of respect I once ha for a lot of ATS members.

If you honestly think that this man's violence was warranted, you have no intellectual integrity.

I could quote many of your own words from other threads to make you quite embarrassed.

At this point I wonder if you even would be based on how blind you are because of your partisan standpoint.

I say this and I think Islam is an absolute abomination.

Good luck, folks; you're going to need it.
edit on 9-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Looks like the power of Christ compelled him...to go right to sleep hahahahahaha! I'm not a fan of any organized religion but Islam is by far my least favorite and that guy got what he deserved. I may not like religion but I am still respectful enough not to interrupt prayer services of those who do, especially when those services are to honor the fallen. I'm glad to see a Frenchman stand up and take action against such a POS and I'm sure we will see more incidents like this one in the near future, enough is enough.
The quoted part made me laugh my ass off
edit on 09 10 2016 by MikeS80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeS80

except that....
the prayer service appears to be in a rather busy public place, with quite a few people, and children walking by.... are all those people obligated to respect their prayer service, even those little kids I saw walk by who by the way were much louder than any music (if they was any to begin with) that the assaulted man was playing? if noise was the offending item, well, was the prayer group/protesters even more disrepectful of those passing by, since I could hear them on the video but no sign of any music.
and well, maybe I am wrong, but if you read through this thread, you might learn that the prayer meeting wasn't to honor the fallen as much as it was a protest against the closing of a church that wasn't at all related to the fallen.

you can't have a prayer metting or whatever that was called, on a busy street (literally) with pedestrians walking by and expect no intrusion whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: MikeS80

except that....
the prayer service appears to be in a rather busy public place, with quite a few people, and children walking by.... are all those people obligated to respect their prayer service, even those little kids I saw walk by who by the way were much louder than any music (if they was any to begin with) that the assaulted man was playing? if noise was the offending item, well, was the prayer group/protesters even more disrepectful of those passing by, since I could hear them on the video but no sign of any music.
and well, maybe I am wrong, but if you read through this thread, you might learn that the prayer meeting wasn't to honor the fallen as much as it was a protest against the closing of a church that wasn't at all related to the fallen.

you can't have a prayer metting or whatever that was called, on a busy street (literally) with pedestrians walking by and expect no intrusion whatsoever.

I thought what the OP said was funny, That's all! I do not know or think that the guy who got clobbered is a Muslim. And I did not hear any loud music or see any harassment either so who knows!
edit on 09 10 2016 by MikeS80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I agree the guy should be arrested.

He should have pulled the black dude aside and talk like reasonable educated people. Ask politely to stop what ever his doing to disrupt the people praying.

Definitely not a situation where violence is ok.

Having said that... damn that was a good punch.

Coomba98

<< 45  46  47   >>

join