It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interrupts Catholic Prayer….

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
And millions of people believe in ghosts, ufos, aliens and who knows what. That doesn't mean that because 1 Buddhist believes it that they're all Buddhists.

Again, it wasn't just one person's belief. It was the general atheist belief that religions have to be abolished. A similar occurrence happened in Spain in the 1930s with the Red Terror in which atheists from the left decided to murder people for being religious, or for being capitalist. They also burned and desecrated churches all over Spain in their "belief" that religion is bad.

Yep, it was changed. But if you follow the links to the French article (you know, the evidence) it says the attacker was from the Soldiers of Christ.

I do find it ironic how you try to use "evidence" in some situations but then try to deny "evidence" in other situations... Anyway, you still did attack anyone that follows any religion in general. Just because more evidence came to light about who the man was doesn't change the fact that you keep trying to attack everyone who follows any religion.

So does most religion.

Not really. You don't even see most of the Christians in that group attack the man. Not to mention...are you claiming that because there are people from different religious denominations that attack people in other religious denomination that it is ok for you, an atheist, to attack all people that follow any religion?...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Heh?... "You can do something bad for the greater good but it's ok"? You think that type of moral belief is ok?

I intuitively feel that in my heart yes. You can judge me for it but that would be against your religion now wouldn't it? Also take note of the acknowledgment that that deed will be repaid to you in some form eventually and usually in a way that you will know why the universe has forsaken you in that very moment if your cognitive of your misgivings. So it's not like you do something bad but it turned out to be for the greater good so no harm no foul. That decision will come back to you, it's just the nature of the universe and all of creation, cause and effect on repeat. Synchronicity often comes into play here but you have to be aware enough to take note of it.
edit on 4-9-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You know what? I give up. You're obviously just here to argue for the sake of it.

Not worth my time.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

I intuitively feel that in my heart yes. You can judge me for it but that would be against your religion now wouldn't it?

You don't even know if I am religious, or what my beliefs are.

Also take note of the acknowledgment that that deed will be repaid to you in some form eventually and usually in a way that you will know why the universe has forsaken you in that very moment if your cognitive of your misgivings. So it's not like you do something bad but it turned out to be for the greater good so no harm no foul. That decision will come back to you, it's just the nature of the universe and all of creation, cause and effect on repeat. Synchronicity often comes into play here but you have to be aware enough to take note of it.

You also said you think it is ok to do bad things for the greater good even if "the universe" repays you for it. I have got to wonder, how do you think "the Universe" pays you for your bad deeds? That sounds eerily similar to a religious "belief".

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You know what? I give up. You're obviously just here to argue for the sake of it.

Not worth my time.

Humm, so you actually thought that people would simply agree with you after constantly attacking anyone who follows any religion?... This is called a discussion, not a "you better agree with me or I will simply ignore you and your comments".

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I intuitively feel that in my heart yes. You can judge me for it but that would be against your religion now wouldn't it?

You don't even know if I am religious, or what my beliefs are.

Also take note of the acknowledgment that that deed will be repaid to you in some form eventually and usually in a way that you will know why the universe has forsaken you in that very moment if your cognitive of your misgivings. So it's not like you do something bad but it turned out to be for the greater good so no harm no foul. That decision will come back to you, it's just the nature of the universe and all of creation, cause and effect on repeat. Synchronicity often comes into play here but you have to be aware enough to take note of it.

You also said you think it is ok to do bad things for the greater good even if "the universe" repays you for it. I have got to wonder, how do you think "the Universe" pays you for your bad deeds? That sounds eerily similar to a religious "belief".

I have got to wonder, how do you think "the Universe" pays you for your bad deeds?

That's not really for me to decide so I have no idea how that is determined. I said I wasn't religious but not that I didn't believe in beings higher than ourselves beyond our comprehension. Maybe those things are determined by them or the universe itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

oh well, since we are so far off the topic of this thread anyways...

Catholic hospital turns away woman bleeding from dislodged IUD because church opposes birth control

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

"Atheism is a religion". The atheist belief for a need to "free mankind from religion" spawned the original form of communism which oppressed religious belief anywhere it could. Even these days we still see the mark of the belief system of atheism to need to oppress religion even in western nations.

Freeing mankind from religion is not a universal belief of atheists. In fact, there are no universal beliefs among atheists beyond, arguably, the belief that there is no divinity. That said, I'm rather sure atheism and agnosticism have a stronger Venn diagram overlap than is often respected. You've done much to blur the line between atheism and Communism, but this is at the end a basic IQ test conundrum: if all Communists are Atheists, are all Atheists therefore Communists? No.

And in truth, not all Communists were/are atheists. It is certainly true that Communism requires you at least pretend to such, but there were crypto-theists. Lots of folks who signed on for the Communist program concealed parts of themselves and their views which were incompatible both out of fear and out of a conviction that the other parts of the program which they were willing to get on board with were genuinely good.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rshackleford
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Ah. Thank you. So they weren't there just 'praying for a priest' in general as was suggested by the original post. It had to do with protest.

Late response, but: no problem. It seems the surrounding narrative is manufactured: there's nothing to suggest the victim is a Muslim, nothing to suggest they are praying for a priest who was the unfortunate victim of an atrocity, and in fact, the group portrayed here do not regard themselves as Catholics, but rather identify as Christians. The fact that they are protesting the closure of a Catholic church suggests to me that their worldview does not strongly separate Catholicism and Christianity.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Best comment ever.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyElohim

Is the point of view of the atheist communists that different from the point of views we keep seeing even in these forums from a lot of atheists? Wanting to deny what the majority of historians themselves agree on, such as the existence of Jesus and that even Roman historians make mention of his miracles. We hear a lot of atheists in this website proclaim that religions should be abolished. Or as RainbowPhoenix explained: "it is ok to do bad things for the common good". That is the same type of belief that led to dictatorships that abolished religion, and persecuted/persecute religious people.

We see one case of a Christian wrongfully beating a man and suddenly many atheists go on a blood rage trying to claim that Christians don't follow their teachings, they must be evil etc, etc... But these same atheists ignore the fact that their own beliefs have led to dictatorships and massacres against religious people simply for being religious.

Evil men do evil things no matter their beliefs. Not all atheists are bad, but when you think "it it's ok to do bad things for the common good" it's how a dictatorship starts.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Let me start by saying: I suspect you are a Christian who has been treated poorly at times merely for believing what you believe. If I am correct in this, please accept my apologies and condolences. I was once younger, more arrogant, and less understanding. Many years ago, I may have been the one delivering such insults. I'm not proud of the days in which my ignorance lead me to be rude to others who I felt were ignorant.

First, I think this forum has an over-representation of bellicosity. True of the Internet in general, even more true in an environment like this. A failing of atheists and theists alike. I've had plenty of my own Picard-facepalm moments in response to some atheist writings I've read. The truth is that you simply cannot delete religion. Whether it is objectively grounded in truth is, at the end, immaterial. The fact is that it's social glue and you can't simply remove that glue from the system of humanity. Don't let the existence of young, over-eager atheists who've not seen enough of the world convince you that there aren't atheists who would go to church with a friend and appreciate the experience for the community-building thing that it is (at least in some congregations).

Further, it's not the lack of belief in a God that has lead to atrocity. As you well know, belief in a God has just as often been associated with such. The unfortunate truth is that we humans are still quite rough creatures and we do horrible things to each other for all sorts of complicated and not-so-complicated reasons. Some Communists believed that enforcing a kind of conformity was a necessary and important part of creating a better world. Like most people who sign on for this sort of thing, they were tragically mistaken at the great expense of many others. As the better parts of most religions teach, the problem here is hubris, arrogance, a failure to tame one's own heart and feed the right wolf. It's not really about what belief (or absence of belief) a person might possess. Atheists are not your enemy. The sad truth is that your enemy is inside you and inside all of us. The scary ones are the ones who don't understand that.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

actually it went something like this:
man from praying christian group beats man.
the "muslims are evil group" cheer the praying man for standing up to the evil muslim who they claim were harassing said praying group with his loud music saying supposedly evil muslim man had it coming to him.
when we point out to the "muslim are evil" group that there is no indication of any music in the video and originally the man was described as an unruly drunk and not a muslim at all, well, all kinds of things are said....
ON BOTH SIDES....
then well, someone points out that well gee, it was a catholic group and catholics aren't really christian, so we can't blame the christians anyways...

but.... as far as those christians on this thread that was cheering about it and using the story to spead their hateful propaganda against all muslims when they thought that the guy was muslim, well, yes we can blame them. because, ya see, even if the guy was muslim, and was walking down that sidewalk while listening to his music... there was no reason for anyone to go and knock his block off like that!

and by the way.....
the " it's ok to do bad things for the common good" or the end justifies the means is a philosophy that the christian churches has been known to accept from time to time throughout history..

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and by the way.....
the " it's ok to do bad things for the common good" or the end justifies the means is a philosophy that the christian churches has been known to accept from time to time throughout history..

Past tense. Yes, in the past the Catholic church did do evil things, but it seems that you are saying "they did it in the past, so it's ok for atheists to do it now". That's what it seems you are saying.

That is the same type of thinking that the globalists have, and it's the same type of thinking that led to the worse dictatorships known to mankind.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have to say I'm not religious but don't hold anything against anyone who does have faith

Vast majority of religious people go about their working day unseen to all and casting no judgment on others regarding their lifestyle of faith

The media mostly reflects on the noisy vocal extreme sides but while loud are still an insignificant minority

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused
ETA. Wow this thread went nuts.

We can agree on that.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer
I agree, some of the things I said on eye for an eye are not Christian at all. I speak mostly for myself as a weak human being who dislikes bullies with a passion and recognize their own tactics because I myself was bullied even as a kid in high school.

The truly ironic thing is instead of vilifying the actual bully, the violent Christian in the video, you vilified his victim because he was Muslim. Your behavior reflects just as poorly on your religion as the violent Christian who assaults people for perceived slights.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

oh well, since we are so far off the topic of this thread anyways...

Catholic hospital turns away woman bleeding from dislodged IUD because church opposes birth control

www.rawstory.com...

Not quite correct. www.snopes.com...

The hospital would have offered to remove it. It was the doctor who refused.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

As a matter of curiosity was there a significant economic factor in these atheists Crusades?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Imagine if it was the other way around I doubt anyone would back up a Muslim hitting a christian like some are doing in this thread.
It just shows they are as bad as each other.
Also why religion is dying off..Thank god.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48 >>

join