It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: Murdered DNC Staffer Was 'Potential' WikiLeaks Source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Holy CRAP that is a hell of an accusation..

In an exclusive interview on The Kelly File, Megyn Kelly asked WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange why the organization was so interested in finding the killer of a Democratic National Committee staffer.

27-year-old Seth Conrad Rich, a DNC Voter Expansion Data Director, was shot dead in the early morning hours of July 10 after a night out in Washington, D.C.

Less than two weeks later, WikiLeaks released nearly 20,000 emails from top DNC officials bolstering claims that the Party favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders.

The longer this continues the worse it's going to get folks.

Hold on to your hats. This place is gonna get bumpy for a while.
edit on 28 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I also heard someone may have tried to assassinate Julian Assange recently although it is unclear.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is only the beginning of whats going to happen by the end of this year.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well, Mr. Assange certainly knows how to dance around a subject. He says this as well:

"We're not saying that Seth Rich's death necessarily is connected to our publication. That's something that has to be established.
(from your link)

So it seems like he's saying that he doesn't know if Rich was connected to the leak or not?

The man is full of double-speak and innuendo.

- AB

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm generally curious as to what Assange knows that he hasn't even alluded to yet. To me he seems like someone who is sure he knows too much for his own continued good health.

And I wouldn't blame him one bit for feeling that way.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

For anyone who doesn't know, there are several direct connections between Seth Rich and the Clintonsn there are also several connections between his girlfriend and the Clinton's.

This continued inference by Assange regarding Rich being the leak could cause some serious damage to the Clinton campaign. Especially if there is substance to the claim.

Some realted threads:

BREAKING: Assange Suggests Murdered Seth Rich Was Wikileaks DNC Source!

Local activist files suit for access to exit polling data, Dead witness blocks path to truth

Wikileaks offers $20k reward for information on Seth Rich's death

And the original thread:

Democratic National Committee staffer shot, killed in Northwest D.C.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Assange has been dropping small bomblets. They have huge implications, but their impact always seems to be dulled. That has more to do with how the MSM treats the story. Focusing on shooting the messenger rather than the message. They know if they actually start discussing the crap in these e-mails honestly Clinton will lose to Trump.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Assange has been dropping small bomblets. They have huge implications, but their impact always seems to be dulled. That has more to do with how the MSM treats the story. Focusing on shooting the messenger rather than the message. They know if they actually start discussing the crap in these e-mails honestly Clinton will lose to Trump.

It's been the subject of discussion already. The strangesness lies in the police assertion that it was a robbery, yet there was no personal monetary material stolen. However it has been suggested that there is a opportunistic gang operating in the area. And that's about it...thus far.

The Fox video,

edit on 28-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thread on this back from the 10th Aug BREAKING: Assange Suggests Murdered Seth Rich Was Wikileaks DNC Source!

Chalk up just one more mysterious death surrounding the Clintons.

edit on 28-8-2016 by gps777 because: code

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

This one is a little different in that 1. American media.

2. The language Assange used was quite a bit stronger in this case.

So far neither interview produce solid admissions by Assange that Rich was, in fact, the leaker.

But the seeds were planted and this tree is starting to grow really fast.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Holy CRAP that is a hell of an accusation..

In an exclusive interview on The Kelly File, Megyn Kelly asked WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange why the organization was so interested in finding the killer of a Democratic National Committee staffer.

27-year-old Seth Conrad Rich, a DNC Voter Expansion Data Director, was shot dead in the early morning hours of July 10 after a night out in Washington, D.C.

Less than two weeks later, WikiLeaks released nearly 20,000 emails from top DNC officials bolstering claims that the Party favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders.

The longer this continues the worse it's going to get folks.

Hold on to your hats. This place is gonna get bumpy for a while.

No one believes assange. The FBI said the hacks were done by Russia. The GOP says the hacks were done by Russia. Russia then handed the data to assange with instructions on when to release them. Now he is blame shifting for Putin. Putin wants Trump to be elected so he can normalize relations with the US (not a bad thing imho). The attempt backfired with the Trump/manifort/Putin connection being uncovered and became a liability not a benefit to trump. So Putin told assange to throw out a red herring.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Well, Mr. Assange certainly knows how to dance around a subject. He says this as well:

"We're not saying that Seth Rich's death necessarily is connected to our publication. That's something that has to be established.
(from your link)

So it seems like he's saying that he doesn't know if Rich was connected to the leak or not?

The man is full of double-speak and innuendo.

- AB

None of this makes sense...

If he was the leak, then assange just outed him by mention his name. So why not actually commit, unless it is bs?

He is trying to drag the story off putin. The hack backfired with the publication of the Trump/manifort/putin connection. So Putin told assange to drop a red herring.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It's certainly possible but "a potential source" is basically saying nothing. Everyone is a potential source. Wikileaks is set up so that people leak anonymously. It's done that way for security, unless the leaker identifies themselves it's all anonymous. Assange needs more proof here than a suspicion. If he can't prove the murdered guy was his source, then all he has is an accusation. If he can prove it, and he wants to risk the integrity of keeping his sources anonymous he can add something of substance to the investigation.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I seem to recall that Seth's parents were Bernie supporters... not sure if that included Seth, if true though, and Seth's position within the DNC... is it a wild leap to think that he may have seen something he wanted to share?

Just speculation, and off memory... I am so busy reviewing the Whitewater dealings for another thread, I may be completely bald by weeks end...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This one is a little different in that 1. American media.

2. The language Assange used was quite a bit stronger in this case.

So far neither interview produce solid admissions by Assange that Rich was, in fact, the leaker.

But the seeds were planted and this tree is starting to grow really fast.

Sounds good mate, Assange has stated strongly WikiLeaks does not reveal their source of leaks (dead or alive)

But I would be interested even if it was able to be proven that Seth was the source, would there be enough evidence to link it to and have Hillary charged in relation to it?

Its this I have doubts on, the Clintons are slippery with many deaths surrounding them.

I think there is much better chance of having her changed for multiple lying under oath type charges.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The attempt backfired with the Trump/manifort/Putin connection being uncovered and became a liability not a benefit to trump. So Putin told assange to throw out a red herring.

edit on 28 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

For all the good things Wikileaks has done, Julian Assange always comes off as a douchebag to me.

There is something about the way he talks about this - in this interview and in others - that makes me uneasy. There is something disingenuous about it. As if he is not at all believing his own insinuations.

I am afraid Assange might be using the death of this young man as a means to further his personal agenda. Whatever that might be.

edit on 28-8-2016 by DupontDeux because: Fixing a gender swap - had turned Julian into a Julia

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

For all the good things Wikileaks has done, Julian Assange always comes off as a douchebag to me.

There is something about the way he talks about this - in this interview and in others - that makes me uneasy. There is something disingenuous about it. As if he is not at all believing his own insinuations.

I am afraid Assange might be using the death of this young man as a means to further his personal agenda. Whatever that might be.

There are two deaths, Seth Rich and Shawn Lucas while Assange's reward is about Seth Rich, of which there is no evidence that he was in contact with law enforcement, even though there were rumours he was about to meet with the FBI.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Small aside for this thread, but I read somewhere (not on MSM) that his wallet, watch and phone were stolen and there were signs of a tussle (as per some robberies).

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

That's because he is. This is coming from someone who really likes Assange's work and admires what he's done. He always comes off as a real PoS, and he likes to see his face in the headlines. That's what most of it comes down to. The guy is a massive narcissist. He's also just playing the political game, he's gambling heavily that the US won't want him if Trump ends up in power. He wants out of his prison.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

All these sources are US controlled. If Russia can do it so can we.

Get someone neutral to both the US and Russia to say it and we got something.

We've got a new cold war going.

Both sides want to paint the other bad.

If I were the US elite and I could both paint Russia a villain and protect the person we've set up to be the next president in the same breath, that's two birds with one stone, hell yeah.

Not saying it happened that way. But it's really quite convenient.

<<   2 >>

join