It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
"tonight on letterman we have an interdimensional time traveller to tell all on alternate timeline, so fill me what are the differences?"
"er mandela died a few years before he did here."
"really? not good news for the blacks in south africa, what else?
"there was a scene in a film slightly different, a bit of a change in the ford logo once and"
"wait is this all you got?" the guest nodded and mr letterman beat him to death on live tv.
letterman was much more violent in my timeline.

LOL!

Your timeline had some pretty interesting laws for the entertainment industry.. Or did Letterman go to jail?
edit on 5-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
In my universe gaptooths are always deviants.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Greggers
In my universe gaptooths are always deviants.

Not surprising.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ok I just watched the movie (Blue-ray) and it's still a classic and as funny as ever. However her not having braces is confirmed.

There were around 6 scenes of her smiling if you're interested.

I'm still going to find a VHS tape of it.

Either way the question remains: why?

edit on 9/5/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Have seen this movie a few times and I can remember her wearing big thick braces,so obvious were they you ignored her majestic breasts and that's a ludicrous thing to do!

There has to be a couple of versions of this,with or without braces-surely?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Imagine if this "reality" as we call it is actually a dream. So maybe someone wants to wake us up with these subtle signs that make us question reality...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha
Wow dude. That's deep.
Or, it was when I was 18 anyway.

What if, like, we're not really here at all? What if, like, we're dead and this is hell?

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Tell me Phage, what's "deep" for you now?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: alomaha
When I'm 5 miles offshore the ocean is very, very deep. And blue. I find it very soothing when I'm far enough out that I cannot discern signs of civilization on shore. It is very, very real.

As far as thoughts go, not much makes me say "Wow, dude" anymore. And certainly not the "Mandela Effect." That's more of a "pfft."

edit on 9/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I know the feeling...it's kind of sad though, when there's almost nothing that can make you "Wow!", isn't it? I know that feeling very well. That's what happens when you make a shrine out of your mind...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nobody asked me, but there are several experimental results in the world of quantum physics that still make me say, "Wow." The Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser is my current favorite.

Those photos of Pluto, and evidence that it was geologically active much more recently than previously thought possible, was another Wow moment. Not quite like the Quantum Eraser, but still amazing.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
That's what happens when you make a shrine out of your mind...

Well said.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
a reply to: gort51

Spot on. I always remember Dolly without braces. Here is a 1982 VHS of Moonraker. No braces.

Watch from 7:00 for the scene.

That VHS is from that other timeline.
Neener.

They've also got to Dolly too!
Someone made contact with Blanche Ravalec and asked her about the claim of braces.

From Blanche it says, ""Hello Laurent . I'm in the studio. No, Dolly has never worn the braces. it was never intended for that matter. Happy holidays. Kisses. Blanche."

Link to original screenshot

From Reddit

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

originally posted by: alomaha
That's what happens when you make a shrine out of your mind...

Well said.

I'd say the people arguing in favor of a timeline shift are the ones who have made shrines of their own minds, since it's a completely unfalsifiable concept that can never be proven or disproven anywhere except INSIDE their own minds.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I'd say the people arguing in favor of a timeline shift are the ones who have made shrines of their own minds, since it's a completely unfalsifiable concept that can never be proven or disproven anywhere except INSIDE their own minds.

Reason it however you will Greg - you'll be a believer soon...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

Reason it however you will Greg - you'll be a believer soon...

Given that I don't plan to build shrines in or of my mind, I'll only become a believer when it enters the realm of science, which as far as I can tell will be just about never.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I'll only become a believer when it enters the realm of science, which as far as I can tell will be just about never.

Not sure how ME would ever enter the realm of science either but your reasoning is a bit flawed. Please don't take offence at that I just don't know how to phrase it better.

For example you would have been correct to believe in atoms before they entered the realm of science, same with heliocentricism, gravity, expanding universe etc. Things don't suddenly become true once science OKs it. ME doesn't fit because it is unfalsifiable (currently).

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasteel

I'll only become a believer when it enters the realm of science, which as far as I can tell will be just about never.

Not sure how ME would ever enter the realm of science either but your reasoning is a bit flawed. Please don't take offence at that I just don't know how to phrase it better.

For example you would have been correct to believe in atoms before they entered the realm of science, same with heliocentricism, gravity, expanding universe etc. Things don't suddenly become true once science OKs it. ME doesn't fit because it is unfalsifiable (currently).

I never said things become true because science okays it.

My point is that if something is both unfalsifiable and unprovable, it is beyond the purview of science. It is also beyond the realm of what can be known empirically, and as such, falls purely within the domain of philosophy. It's fine to allow philosophy to drive certain issues (in fact, it is the predominate mode of expression for many things, including morality and ethics), but allowing philosophy to drive one's understanding of the physical world is merely opening one's self up to believing in flights of fancy.

And no, believing in atoms or heliocentrism or any number of other things that were eventually proven correct would not have been the right approach prior to empirical observation that verified them. The correct approach was to develop falsifiable models and to take measurements until a substantial body of evidence existed.
edit on 7-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Spot on. I always remember Dolly without braces. Here is a 1982 VHS of Moonraker. No braces.

Neener.

Someone made contact with Blanche Ravalec and asked her about the claim of braces.

From Blanche it says, ""Hello Laurent . I'm in the studio. No, Dolly has never worn the braces. it was never intended for that matter. Happy holidays. Kisses. Blanche."

From Reddit

This seems to disprove the idea that there were removed scenes shot of her with braces on, or that her scenes were edited in post for some markets (and not in others).

So how's that for weird? What 'version' of the film are ME people here remembering? A better version that never existed, nay, never could have existed?

What explains that bloat around her lips characteristic in people wearing braces? Bee sting?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orborus

Neener.

From Reddit

This seems to disprove the idea that there were removed scenes shot of her with braces on, or that her scenes were edited in post for some markets (and not in others).

If the screen cap can be proved legitimate (is she on record in any official source?), I would say it's one data point against those hypothesis. I wouldn't say it disproves them. This movie was filmed 40 long years go, and ole Dolly is subject to the same memory issues as everyone else.

I also notice in the comments section, one person remarking that they see braces through the beer glass (likely from the same movie clip I posted earlier), and another posting that he was told braces were in the original script. Again, these are just unverified data points (although we do at least have that movie clip, to me it's inconclusive, if suggestive).
edit on 7-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join