It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Fullfilling one of its many potentials

a reply to: Phage

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Then it's doing better than I.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

My God dilemna is now dilemma ?

I googled it, seems many remember the silent 'N'

I can't keep up with all these changes

Back on topic I don't know about this moon raker braces thing.

edit on 29-8-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I am open minded, but also a little too sceptical to go full down the alternate time/reality/universe route on this ME subject.

I first learned about it from the Berenstain bears thread, and I found it fascinating.

I am the only person in my circles to follow these kinds of topics, I asked a lot of people about the bears and what they remembered, most remembered them well, so I then asked them if they were Berenstain or Berenstein. They all (100%) said Berenstein, and when I asked if they were sure they all said yes. none of these people had heard of or understood what I was talking about when I mentioned the ME.

Now I have done the same with the 007 Dolly thing, and it's the same, all asked have said she had braces. I'm still not leaning towards some woo shift, but it's fascinating (to me) in a sociological way.

My personal little ME is the ozone hole. I'm not sure about you guys, but in Australia in the late 80's we were scare mongered to death (in schools) about the hole, as (in my memory) it was on the Australian side of the southern hemisphere, and slightly over Australia. Seems not to be the case anymore. Maybe it was just thinner over us, thus the concern for higher skin cancers, but I do still have the vision of the hole in my memory.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: kangawoo
I am open minded, but also a little too sceptical to go full down the alternate time/reality/universe route on this ME subject.

Haha, be careful, it's a slippery slope!

But in all seriousness, I've been following the Mandela Effect stuff skeptically but with an open eye for a little over a year, but in the last week I saw one change back. I won't write it all out again, but it was posted earlier in Apollo 13 thread (page 10). My skepticism was blown away.

And I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's all the talk about the hole in the ozone layer. I didn't know there was a ME about that, too, but I'll certainly look into it.
edit on 8/29/2016 by tombanjo because: Typo

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just wanted to point out this is the first ME thread where I've seen people who claim to be skeptics, actually admit that they have no reasonable explanation and remember the braces...Welcome to the mind uff!

Me personally, I've never seen the movie so I have no opinion on this either way. Perhaps this example is a generational thing and this resonates more with older people, in the same way "Berenstein" resonates more with younger generations like myself from the 80's.

Would love to hear the explanation as to why these seemingly "harmless" changes are actually "significant" but I'm sure that dudes got a few too many layers of tinfoil on his hat.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Life4M because: Grammar mistake

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombanjo
I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's all the talk about the hole in the ozone layer. I didn't know there was a ME about that, too, but I'll certainly look into it.

I grew up in the 80s/90s, and without looking it up the ozone layer hole was over Antarctica and was really a patch of much thinner ozone layer rather than an actual hole.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't think the ozone hole is a ME, just a personal one for myself. I cant be sure as what I remember may have been a prediction of how they thought the hole may progress. I was just a little surprised to see the hole (still over the Antarctica) but on the South American side rather than the Australian side of the globe.

I can just remember all the talk of "slip, slope, slap" and skin care, higher rates of skin cancer in Australia because of the hole etc.

I might ask a few people I still know who I went to school with, as to what they remember.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I dont know anything about that movie (although I loved playing as Jaws in Goldeneye 64).

But I do know about a movie term known as "Goofs". Pretty much every movie ever has some listed in the Trivia section of their imdb page. Even some of these modern billion dollar box office flicks are loaded with them.

Here is the such page for this film:
www.imdb.com...

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Hmmmmmmm......

So, although everyone remembers Dolly wearing braces, because I do, and in all fairness I remember it well because that's what she was meant to be wearing to align with Jaws and his metal teeth.

I don't know about the Mandela effect, but someone is screwing with us here.

Because no other explanation fits?

You know what, this is the first time I actually believe that we live in a manipulated world.

Sure we are manipulated by fellow humans, but the manipulation appears to go beyond that.

Man, this weird, seriously. I am a James Bond fan and I have watched Moonraker many times. I distinctly remember Dolly having braces/retainer.

I remember it too. I watched the clips from an old vhs copy and the quality was bad. I think that, coupled with old TV resolution, is what gives me that memory.

You truly don't know much about films do you?

The whole point of Dolly having braces was in order to give her empathy for Jaws and Jaws empathy for Dolly.

There would be no point in the character otherwise.

I get it now , Dolly was the the plays deus ex machina , when no other way out can be provided by the plot itself , dolly acts as the deus ex machina for bond in that she convinces Jaws to be good rather than bad.

A good looking girl was not enough to cut it for jaws, there had to be some link between dolly and jaws , the braces are what sealed the deal!

but now they are not there and it makes the scene pointless and the deus ex machina fails !
meaning bond would not have survived.!

I was looking for blanche on twitter to see if she can remember wearing braces during the shoot but she isnt on social media.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kangawoo

yeh I was born in 82 and in primary school one of the things we all learned about was the ozone layer thinning in Antarctica and specifically over Australia.

Not to worry the Ozone hole is slowly repairing itself

Ozone

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Great OP.

Dolly had braces, I remember them distinctly - it's the whole point of the scene.

Good to see many on the fence pick a side with this one.

No fair - I wanted a Phage response in one of my threads!! I'll keep trying.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Yes. I know. Observation (measurement) influences quantum level conditions.

I'll ask again though, how do you know what an unmeasured electron is doing?

This may be the point you're making with this rhetorical question, but the truth is we don't exactly know what it's doing -- we only know what is measured. So, in the case of the double slit experiment (my personal favorite permutation is the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser double slit experiment), we know that "measured" photons behave like particles and unmeasured photons behave like waves, which is to say AT THE POINT WHERE THEY HIT THE SCREEN they either produce an interference pattern or a localized clump.

There is a lot of conjecture about what happens inbetween the slit and the screen, generally involving probability distribution. It is often said that the "wavefunction collapses" at the point of observation. The suggestion here is IF the photon (or electron, or whatever) is not observed, the entire range of its potential probabilities remains uncertain. It certainly does behave as though it were a wave interfering with itself.

So I suppose the most certain declaration we can make about the behavior of the unmeasured photon is that it appears as though it behaved like a wave inbetween the slit and the screen.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Mianeye

The accelerator first went active in 2008.

The accelerator? CERN has operated several.
CERN's first accelerator became operational in 1958.

But is it not the LHC that has everyone conCERNed?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Oh, one more point about the double slit experiment.

It does not appear to be the measurement itself that collapses the wave-function. The Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser experiment (and other similar experiments) seems to suggest that the collapse is ultimately caused by whether the measurement result is KNOWABLE.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: FlabberGhast

the mandela effect is nonsense......... but i thought she had braces too. maybe she should have had braces, cause it would have made more sense if u like,,..

There are times when urban myths has been proved true. When the original 1960's series "The Avengers" was filmed (and literally filmed as there wasn't video tape back then), one afternoon they did an experiment with color filming. But they didn't take it any further because there wasn't any demand for color series. So those tapes were archived and eventually trashed because they were never used. But the myth continued. Then one day a widow is cleaning out her husbands shed at the bottom of the garden and finds lots of metal canisters in the rafters (perfect location for preservation). She doesn't know what to do with them so calls the film studio. They send down technicians who discovered that these were the now mythical status Film reels thought to be lost forever.

I've got a few other examples . That 1990's music video with the line "let the party begin. Everyone in the place having fun".

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
When the original 1960's series "The Avengers" was filmed (and literally filmed as there wasn't video tape back then)...

I am fairly certain prerecorded television shows were being broadcast in the 1950's.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I thought she had braces in the Moonraker film ? and seem to remember a few comedy sketches about them kissing and getting stuck together .

Faulty memory again

I believe there have been multiple movies where people with braces got stuck while kissing. I think one of them was sixteen candles in the 1980s...

Unless that turns out to be ME too...

I had to Google that movie as i have never heard of it and was way to busy back then to watch much television or movies , but something sticks in my head about a comedy take of that scene on the uk television , but it would make 0 sense if she had no braces in the movie .

This whole Mandela effect thing is weird

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I was looking for blanche on twitter to see if she can remember wearing braces during the shoot but she isnt on social media.

She has a Facebook account (unless it's fake.)

Doubt she's going to respond about this in any case but who knows?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Leading scientists think that our universe has a high probability of being a computer simulation, so it would make sense that some glitches might happen. In addition, scientists just succeeded in making a miniature black hole in the lab, maybe this kind of thing messes with the timeline.

I usually don't think much of the Mandella Effect, but it would only make sense for her to have braces in that scene.
edit on 29pmMon, 29 Aug 2016 13:34:59 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join