It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

It's a dilemna ... I'm playing with the notion these perplexing glitches are sourced with tech testing by the alleged "breakaway space civilization" that has been posited with some supporting evidence (see last thread by member Astr0 , here, and the resultant mindeff some of us experienced, for example).

Some of the "glitches" could be seen as theme related (as in perfect humans going off world to break away, plot of said flick in question).

Of course, it could all be more metaphysical then tech related... though at the proper meta level, there is likely no clear demarcation between the two.

And of course, it could all be natural memory lapses/confabulations, but this forum is for the (semi) reasoned exploration of the fringes... thankfully.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
a reply to: tommyjo

Dude I'm 42... I watched the film when it was first aired and seen it more times than I can count.

I recall perfectly that Dolly had braces... The fact that she now has no braces is absolutely mind blowing.

I'm coming up for 53 and also seen the film countless times. Dolly never wore braces. Nothing is mind blowing apart from the fact that people in recollection can be so very wrong. It is nothing but a mindset and a naivety or gullibility to fall for such non-sense.

How do you explain the actress herself confirming that Dolly never wore braces? The sad fact is that even if Richard Kiel was alive today and confirmed that there was no braces he would be hounded by sad and desperate people. Like I stated before it is a mindset that some people desperately need to cling to.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
It is nothing but a mindset and a naivety or gullibility to fall for such non-sense.

This is not me reading something and going yeah I can go with that... as I have already stated I am a man of science and no I do not think this is a supernatural phenomenon.

I do however concur that my memory is very clear on this, Dolly Did wear braces.

The fact that she now does not is what is so compellingly infuriating, especially for someone such as myself that has a sharp mind and my feet well and truly placed on the ground.

I would put it down to my own fickle memory if not for the fact that almost everyone else also remembers that Dolly had braces...

I might also add that this scene would not be remembered so well if she did not have braces... it would be just another scene in another bond movie, just to be forgotten until reseen.

But this one scene stood out and is remembered precisely because of the genius of it, that they both had braces was the entire fulcrum of the scene.

I might also add that I have tested this on everyday people... I asked them do you remember the scene in Moonraker when Jaws get helped out by the small blond with pigtails...

They all say 'yeah the geeky girl with glasses and braces'

if you don't believe me ask the same question in the same way.... see what responses you get.

Too many people remember dolly with braces for this to be just down to fickle memory.... therefore there is something else going on here.

Korg.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

I don't have a 'desparate belief' in anything, i have a memory, nor do i believe that media has been altered, unless someone broke into everyone's home & replaced all their video's, DVD'd etc.
Obviously quite impossible.

Please explain to me how there are (were) 6 peeps in Kennedy's limo when everyone remembers there being 4.

Explain how all these tiny details have changed overnight.

There is only one possible explanation. Someone is messing with time.

No you have a faulty memory. Nothing has been altered. Yet again faulty memory in regards to Kennedy's limo. There was always 6 people. No details have been changed and nobody is messing with time. It is simply a mindset and a gullibility and naviety to fall for such nonsense.

So which two people are you going to remove from the limo to get your "4" ? It is just yet more ridiculous non-sense and shows how badly people can fall into such conspiracy theories.

Debunk Link

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

if you don't believe me ask the same question in the same way.... see what responses you get.

Too many people remember dolly with braces for this to be just down to fickle memory.... therefore there is something else going on here.

Korg.

Yes and it is called faulty memory. The same for people believing that there was only 4 people in the Kennedy limo. It is a mindset that you and others desperately need to cling on to. I do feel desperately sorry for people sucked into such non-sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Korg.

Yes and it is called faulty memory. The same for people believing that there was only 4 people in the Kennedy limo. It is a mindset that you and others desperately need to cling on to. I do feel desperately sorry for people sucked into such non-sense.

If Faulty Memory were to be reason then shouldn't we all remember something different?

How can so many people falsely remember the exact same thing, especially when that thing is such a specific thing!

Heck why not people miss remember Dolly wearing a Hat.. or Dolly being a brunette... or that she had long flowing hair.... Nope... we all remember she had braces...

As I said I do not subscribe to any crazy way out mumbojumbo.... but this has me stumped... its like mass hysteria.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I remember the day when, if others could verify what your vision or memory recall was, it confirmed it. No such thing as mass delusions.... Now it seems some of us are simply going nuts at the same time.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I remember the day when, if others could verify what your vision or memory recall was, it confirmed it. No such thing as mass delusions.... Now it seems some of us are simply going nuts at the same time.

indeed.... you have to wonder though at those saying its an artifact of a skewed memory, not taking into account how many people so called miss remembered the exact same thing...

That fact alone is enough to call for an investigation.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd just like to throw this into the mix because I found it surprising.

I've never really been a fan of the Bond films but I know that my Mum is and 'Jaws' is her favourite character so after reading through this thread yesterday I decided to contact her. I never mentioned "The Mandela Effect" and know I she's never heard of it.

So I phone her and make out that I want to know the name of the girl who meets Jaws in Moonraker for a quiz just to introduce the topic. She couldn't remember her name but she said "I can see her face in my head, blonde girl with glasses and braces."

It certainly raised my eyebrows.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That is not a debunk, it's a collection of data that shows what history now shows.
Not as many of us remember it.

One detail in itself means nothing much, but there are too many things 'not right' to just laugh at it.

My memory is extremely good, almost photographic. I can recite my social number bank account passwords etc, i don't need to write them down.
I remember studying films & pics in 2000 when we were discussing wether or not the driver shot kennedy, but it was a reflection of something, probably the handbrake, so we concluded it was not a gun. Someone did get wounded, the agent next to the driver. The bullet grazed his shoulder & missed Kennedy.

Moving on, let's look at Star Wars.
I remember it beginning with the famous yellow receding text 'a long time ago in a galaxy far away'
Does it say that now?

Like i said, i'm not into demons or unicorns, there is only ONE possible explanation, and it's not some kind of 'collective memory failiure'.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

Like i said, i'm not into demons or unicorns, there is only ONE possible explanation, and it's not some kind of 'collective memory failiure'.

I disagree, there are a multitude of explanations... but only one is correct.

Perhaps we should use deduction then to narrow down the possibilities.

I think we can say for definite it's not people just remembering wrongly, it's too specific a thing and too many people remember it the same way. So we should rule this one out as it is the very reason the subject is spooky.

Korg.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yes. I think that maybe history hasnt changed, nor are we on an 'alternate earth' as has been theorised.

Clues were left on a Reddit post that stated the whole Mandela thing was an experiment using quantum computers running a kind of AI code that was--wait for it-- receiving & transmitting on the human Beta frequencies.

The program (Alice) was designed to listen to the white noise generated by millions of minds. This it did, and astronomical amounts of data were processed in one year.
They found they could decipher some of the noise, and went a step further. They wanted to see if they could transmit something, in effect changing a certain response in millions of peeps.
This also happened.

That is why such things as logo's, catchphrases, small details in films were changed. Innocent things that while causing some confusion, were not really harmful.

It has been said that Alice started to change things without being asked.
These changes however, are not in our collective conciousness (well they are sort of) but that these changes actually happened
Some things went wrong, some peeps went insane, and they had to change a few things back before they pulled the plug It appears that Alice has the capacity to alter reality.

This is by far the best, most reasonable explanation i can find to date.
It explains what has changed, and why. And not a demon/unicorn/parallel universe in sight.

I am quite certain that this is what happened. We should have full AI by 2030 but Alice shows that computers are already advanced enough to take autonomous action.

Let's just hope they don't really build Skynet!

ETA, ever seen the film The Lathe of Heaven ??
edit on 15-12-2016 by playswithmachines because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It is because people made the connection in their minds. Jaws smiles at Dolly and Dolly smiles back revealing braces. In some peoples minds it is a visual joke that both have metal in their mouths and so have a connection. There is nothing in it but that, but sadly some people can't accept it. That is why it is a mindset. For some peoples minds there needs to be that 'mouth metal' link for the visual gag to work. Factor in the die-hard conspiracy theorist mind of some people and they need to take it to a new level.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
audio glitch mamas papas

The Mama's and papas lyric glitch, "pretend to pray" later is "begin to pray".
edit on 18-12-2016 by anotherside because: Link

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well, i'm going to petition CERN and the makers of the D-wave computers to give C3PO his golden leg back, not just the foot! Ruined the whole film for me

Then i will print some T shirts; "Be conCERNed"
LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Im sure it was posted before but these gifs are nail in coffin to me that the braces have been edited out.

wtf
dolly.barriereader.co.uk...
blownup: dolly.barriereader.co.uk...

wtf 2

credits

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Simpsons Mayored To The Mob episode.

Apparently, Comic Book Guy's encounter with a geek girl parodies Jaws meeting Dolly in Moonraker.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have been doing some backround checks on that professor guy in the ME video about CERN.
John Ellis.
Wiki lists only a John R Ellis a microbiologist, English but not from Kings College and no known connection with Fermilabs.
Then there is R. John Ellis, special effects artist and also an academe of sorts.(!!)

But no record of this John Ellis who turns up in several vids on YT with his cardboard-sign-cryptic messages.
But we are still gathering info & piecing it together, i have to hand this over to another department as i am too busy with other stuff....
Later!

edit on 21-1-2017 by playswithmachines because: Spellink

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The book! Someone has to have the "Moonraker" novel or movie adaptation.

She may be described in the book.

Someone find that book!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
She had braces. It was the whole point of the scene. Jaws smiles at her. She smiles back and he sees her teeth and its love at first sight.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join