It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Dolly Played by: Blanche Ravalec Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

www.imdb.com...

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Its always been pretend to pray it makes sense with the lyrics. However when you here the sinding you can hear began to pray if you want in fact the song is strange in the fact that you can hear it the way you want to depending on what you believe they say. Try it listen to it several times and you can switch back and forth since the original song makes it very hard to differentiate between the two words.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I got the book of the film today. The character of Dolly isn't in it, the book only implies that Jaws survived the crash.

I have another book on it's way, it's a movie special on the film.
I've read an online review of the film which mentions that there's a book on the making of the movie, that has a story of how the actress playing Dolly was going to wear the braces but they were hurting her and so she asked to have them removed and they allowed it.
In the previous reality, she never spoke up for whatever reason and wore the braces or she did ask and they said no.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

It's always been "began to pray", it makes sense with the lyrics.. It never used to sound like "pretend".. Watch some of the videos of people singing it correctly. Listen to them several times.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

It's always been "began to pray", it makes sense with the lyrics

So does pretend.

It's cold outside. The church is warm so go hang out there for a while and pretend to pray so you don't attract attention. It's a better lyric than "pray", actually.

I don't think John or Michelle Phillips were particularly religious.

I learned the actual lyric (pretend) when I bought the record album (vinyl), way back when ('66?)

edit on 3/31/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I had a feeling we were from different worlds...

As a musician, that seriously looked at playing the song, going over the lyrics from a few sites (testing my strength in that range).. The lyric was certainly "began".

That was last year, much closer than you listening to an album in '66.. How was the fidelity back then.. Is it possible you heard it wrong?

At any rate, it changed about 3 months after I had been looking at it - and that's a fact - regardless of the current state.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is it possible that Dolly didn't have braces at the start of the movie but she did at the end? I sorta remember that or a late reveal of her having braces. It being a later and more important Scene, we remember it more? Just a thought. Haven't seen that movie in forever.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Many people look to Cern regarding the Mandela Effect. In the (we are happy at) Cern commercial, there is a man holding up a sign that reads "Mandela". The other sign above it reads "Bond" (or more specifically "Bond #1). I've been waiting for someone to notice something amiss in a Bond film and haven't read or seen anything as of yet until today. Just a thought I had when I saw this thread and decided to bring it up. Not sure anyone else has mentioned this here yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

This makes me think of a lighter version of what happened in Alan Dean Foster's "Paths of the Perambulator". A cosmic entity gets trapped by an insane character, and bursts of energy from the entity cause localized and global changes to reality. This is an interesting phenomenon, and I agree that time or dimensional shifts may not explain it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
possible proof of mandela effect? www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

Wow, i've had a look at the Mandela Effect videos before and always been on the side of faulty memory. I mean a lot of them i wasn't sure about but this one i'm sure of.

I was 7 years old and had tonsillitis, had the day off school and had to stay with my grandmother. She had a huge collection of VHS videos and during the two weeks i had off we would watch a James Bond movie everyday.

The Jaws character was her favourite and i remember clearly laying next to her on the sofa watching moonraker and us both having a laugh at this scene as they were in love due to them both having braces. I honestly can't believe that she doesn't have braces in this movie, my reality has just been cracked.

This isn't a faulty memory, if my Gran was still alive she would still remember that day as well.

I never thought i would believe in the Mandela Effect but i've just been 100% converted.

What the F*CK.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Now that old VHS copies of her with braces have surfaced, IMDB has created an explanation that remastered copies removed the braces.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

The “real” ME is not proof one way or the other (although some people think they know absolute truth). It is about remembering something that you are certain was one way [i.e., Dolly had braces] and finding all current references not supporting your memories [i.e., Dolly has never had braces].

The ME is that some people seem to remember things one way and everyone else thinks that they are dumb because all current references do not support the “other” side.

The problem is we get it! And that is exactly what is being said, “All current references are different from the past, as we remember it.”

It seems analog media is hard to “switch” to whatever is being done to screw with the past.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: tulsi

It seems analog media is hard to “switch” to whatever is being done to screw with the past.

indeed, its so weird to see som many Isaiah 11:6 quotes now say wolf.. but most of the pictures are a lamb with a LION, still

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My biggest Mandela effect is of George Burns and Gracie Allen. George Burns asks Gracie to say goodnight Gracie and her replying goodnight Gracie. Well I've been watching the old videos on YouTube and she just says goodnight. Hmmmmmm I was never one to believe in the Mandela effect til noticing this one.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Good night Dick.

edit on 8/17/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I never saw or heard of the goodnight Dick reply though, the theory is that the collective memory got goodnight Gracie mixed up with goodnight Dick. Weird, I always remember it as her responding with goodnight Gracie. This is the only time I have felt the Mandela effect.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
She has braces in this one, might not be genuine tho

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-9-2019 by gsxr34 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2019 by gsxr34 because: forgot to say its not real

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I havent been following this Mandela effect tipic but know for fact she had braces. HUGE Bond fan and know this scene. Scene doesnt even make sense without braces.

Weird.

Yep...here in holland she also had braces, that was the connection jaws had with her. must have been rubbed out for some reason. it would be evidnce for the m effect if i picked up an old vhs and shows her without braces.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gsxr34
She has braces in this one, might not be genuine tho

www.youtube.com...

Of course it isn't genuine. From the video description.

The footage has been edited with visual effects by Romthirty VFX.

Even the actress who played the character confirmed that she wore no braces.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join