It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WisdomSeeker
If the time line changes due to altering in some way, I had read that only spiritually awakened people would perceive the changes. This makes sense as spiritualist and mediums are able to perceive things normal people cannot.I have a family member who has this gift.

I can tell you from experience you can run into problems by assuming differences in perception are due to superior spirituality.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WisdomSeeker

There is NO SCIENTIFIC explanation for ME if it exists, only a METAPHYSICAL one.

Nearly all ME claims have straightforward explanations. We may not know WHICH of the straightforward explanations fits, and in some cases it may be more than one (because humans vary), but I haven't seen one yet that couldn't be explained by something mundane.

Even with this case we have the following possibilities:
1) She never had braces in any version of the movie, but people remember her having braces because of numerous other pop-culture references.
2) She never had braces in any version of the movie, but people remember her having braces because the scene seems like it would work better if she did have braces.
3) She had braces in certain regional versions of the film
4) She had braces in certain shots, but they were later edited out to correct a continuity issue or for some other reason.

Only after those explanations have been ruled out should we throw up our hands and say, "Well, it must be something explainable."

I'm yet to see a single ME claim get that far.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

We can rule out 3 and 4. So far, no braces anywhere to be found.

So it's #1 and 2. We all have the artistic sense to think the director should have shot the scene with braces because it just works better that way.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

We can rule out 3 and 4. So far, no braces anywhere to be found.

So it's #1 and 2. We all have the artistic sense to think the director should have shot the scene with braces because it just works better that way.

This thread doesn't rule out any of the four. There has simply not been sufficient investigation.

#3 would be the easiest to rule out, but we can't until someone reviews each of the ORIGINAL regional copies (including film versions if they existed), which would take actual investigative journalism.

And we actually have accumulated some tentative evidence in favor of #4. Someone posted an article earlier saying the actress complained about the braces, so we can surmise from this that braces were on the set and she wore them. Also, those animated gifs really do look like braces were brushed out. I'm not sure how reliable those sources (or even the animated gifs) are, but I would think anyone really interested in getting to the bottom of this would investigate.
edit on 1-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It hasn't been "bothering" me at all.
I was just replying to the OP in passage
on what I remember.

Oh yes, I think I will make you an additional
hobby of mine.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheExperiencer

LOL...I would like to get a couple dozen copies of your "Rectifier Program" to upload into the tailpipes of a few people I know of....lol.

We CREATE reality IN THE MOMENT in REAL-TIME every nano-second of it......and ANYONE can change ALL OF HUMANITIES DESTINIES if they learn how to ........Ride the Dragon........TPTB....they have to "hypnotise" or entrance the masses as a King Cobra will do before they strike their fatal blows. They must use humanity to police and prosecute humanity for they as ony a LITERAL HANDFULL are far to few.....they concieve of birth and control STATUS QUOS which they use as "bits and bridles" to manipulate and to steer every level of humanity.

I am you you are me , together we are one apart we are none.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

And me. I remember the braces as well. Like it has been said a number of time now the braces were the punch line of the scene. I remember watching this and when she smiled she had almost as much metal in here mouth as Jaws did. I went and dug out my old VHS copy and it too has been 'edited'. I have seen Moonraker at least a dozen times on both VHS and satellite and broadcast TV. She always had braces. And now she doesn't. What is going on?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fixer1967

Yes, it is a very strange ME as it has more to it than just "my car keys were not where I thought they were....ME!"

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasteel

This particular case scares me because there is no doubt in my mind that she had braces...I'm not joking. So I try not to think about it because I'm affraid that I am going to lose my mind...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
a reply to: Vasteel

This particular case scares me because there is no doubt in my mind that she had braces...I'm not joking. So I try not to think about it because I'm affraid that I am going to lose my mind...

There's no reason to be afraid, since there are several perfectly logical explanations which no one here has bothered to even attempt ruling out.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Like what? That we are all delusional? Either that or that the past can be changed. But if the past can be changed how come our memories stay the same?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I remember her having braces but dilemna spelling changing really was a head scratcher for me. To remember the spelling I would in my mind pronunce it dilemna.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Like what? That we are all delusional? Either that or that the past can be changed. But if the past can be changed how come our memories stay the same?

I posed the four possibilities I see a few posts back, up there just a ways. ^^^

Unless they're gone in whatever timeline you're in.

At least two of the four involve Dolly actually having braces.

edit on 5-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: adamsc
a reply to: Baddogma

I remember her having braces but dilemna spelling changing really was a head scratcher for me. To remember the spelling I would in my mind pronunce it dilemna.

Some interesting history on delimna vs. delimma. Apparently people have been perpetuating an incorrect spelling for a very, very long time.

www.worldwidewords.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes, I read it but that is only going to stay as a hypothesis unless somebody finds a copy of the movie with braces...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yes, I read it but that is only going to stay as a hypothesis unless somebody finds a copy of the movie with braces...

As I said, there are several real-world, present-reality possibilities that have not been ruled out. Unremarkable possibilities must be ruled out before remarkable ones can be entertained, since in this case the remarkable ones are completely unfalsifiable and so have no hope whatsoever of being proven or disproven.

The only way to know is to rule out what can be ruled out. No one's going to do that because it's a lot of work, plus it's more fun to imagine people are shifting timelines.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Spot on. I always remember Dolly without braces. Here is a 1982 VHS of Moonraker. No braces.

Watch from 7:00 for the scene.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
a reply to: gort51

Spot on. I always remember Dolly without braces. Here is a 1982 VHS of Moonraker. No braces.

Watch from 7:00 for the scene.

That VHS is from that other timeline.
Neener.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This has me intrigued so much that I am going to find the VHS tape of the movie. I'm gonna look at flea markets, pawn shops and thrifty stores! This is bothering me so much. LOL!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
"tonight on letterman we have an interdimensional time traveller to tell all on alternate timeline, so fill me what are the differences?"
"er mandela died a few years before he did here."
"really? not good news for the blacks in south africa, what else?
"there was a scene in a film slightly different, a bit of a change in the ford logo once and"
"wait is this all you got?" the guest nodded and mr letterman beat him to death on live tv.
letterman was much more violent in my timeline.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join