It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Many of us have wondered at some point if we are alone in the universe. But perhaps not as many have wondered if we are alone in our own minds.

Don Juan, the Mexican Yaqui Indian shaman (whom Carlos Castaneda was apprentice to), says the following in 'The Active Side of Infinity':

' “We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos and took over the rule of our lives. Human beings are its prisoners. The Predator is our lord and master. It has rendered us docile, helpless. If we want to protest, it suppresses our protest. If we want to act independently, it demands that we don’t do so...

Why has this predator taken over in the fashion that you're describing, don Juan?" I asked. "There must be a logical explanation."

"There is an explanation," don Juan replied, "which is the simplest explanation in the world. They took over because we are food for them, and they squeeze us mercilessly because we are their sustenance. Just as we rear chickens in chicken coops, gallineros, the predators rear us in human coops, humaneros. Therefore, their food is always available to them...

"In order to keep us obedient, meek and weak, the predators engaged themselves in a stupendous maneuver- stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist; a horrendous maneuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind which becomes our mind. The predators' mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, and filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now...

"I know that even though you have never suffered hunger," he went on, "you have food anxiety which is none other than the anxiety of the predator who fears that any moment now its maneuver is going to be uncovered, and its food is going to be denied. Through the mind, which after all is their mind, the predators inject into the lives of human beings whatever is convenient for them. The predators ensure in this manner a degree of security to act as a buffer against their fear...

He explained that sorcerers see infant human beings as strange, luminous balls of energy covered from the top to the bottom with a glowing coat something like a plastic cover that is adjusted tightly over their cocoon of energy. He said that that glowing coat of awareness was what the predators consumed, and that when a human being reached adulthood, all that was left of that glowing coat of awareness was a narrow fringe that went from the ground to the top of the toes. That fringe permitted mankind to continue living, but only barely. As if I were in a dream, I heard don Juan explaining that, to his knowledge, man was the only species that had the glowing coat of awareness outside that luminous cocoon. Therefore, he became easy prey for an awareness of a different order; such as the heavy awareness of the predator.

He then made the most damaging statement he had made so far. He said that this narrow fringe of awareness was the epicenter of self-reflection where man was irremediably caught. By playing on our self-reflection, which is the only point of awareness left to us, the predators create flares of awareness that they proceed to consume in a ruthless, predatory fashion. They give us inane problems that force those flares of awareness to rise, and in this manner they keep us alive in order for them to be fed with the energetic flare of our pseudo-concerns."

('The Active Side of Infinity' by Carlos Castaneda)

Continued in next post...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sounds a bit like the Archon mythos. I wonder how many versions are told before its recognized as an underlying truth or reality? Or is it possible its just representing some other natural function of reality...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Castaneda then asked don Juan why the sorcerers of ancient Mexico, and the sorcerer's of today, didn't do anything about it (even though they could see them).

"There's nothing that you and I can do about it," don Juan said in a grave, sad voice. "All we can do is discipline ourselves to the point where they will not touch us...

"The sorcerers of ancient Mexico," he said, "saw the predator. They called it the flyer because it leaps through the air. It is not a pretty sight. It is a big shadow, impenetrably dark, a black shadow that jumps through the air. Then, it lands flat on the ground.

"The sorcerers of ancient Mexico were quite ill at ease with the idea of when it made its appearance on Earth. They reasoned that man must have been a complete being at one point, with stupendous insights and feats of awareness that are mythological legends nowadays. And then everything seems to disappear, and we have now a sedated man...

"What I'm saying is that what we have against us is not a simple predator. It is very smart and organized. It follows a methodical system to render us useless. Man, the magical being that he is destined to be, is no longer magical. He's an average piece of meat. There are no more dreams for man but the dreams of an animal who is being raised to become a piece of meat: trite, conventional, imbecilic...

"This predator," don Juan said, "which, of course, is an inorganic being, is not altogether invisible to us as other inorganic beings are. I think as children we do see it, but we decide it's so horrific that we don't want to think about it. Children, of course, could insist on focusing on the sight, but everybody else around them dissuades them from doing so. The only alternative left for mankind is discipline. Discipline is the only deterrent. But by discipline I don't mean harsh routines. I don't mean waking up every morning at five-thirty and throwing cold water on yourself until you're blue. Sorcerers understand discipline as the capacity to face with serenity odds that are not included in our expectations. For sorcerers, discipline is an art; the art of facing infinity without flinching; not because they are strong and tough, but because they are filled with awe."

"In what way would the sorcerers' discipline be a deterrent to the flyers?" I asked.

Don Juan scrutinized my face as if to discover any signs of my disbelief. He said,"Sorcerers say that discipline makes the glowing coat of awareness unpalatable to the flyer. The result is that the predators become bewildered. An inedible glowing coat of awareness is not part of their cognition, I suppose. After being bewildered, they don't have any recourse other than refraining from continuing their nefarious task. If the predators don't eat our glowing coat of awareness for a while, it will keep on growing.

"Simplifying this matter to the extreme, I can say that sorcerers, by means of their discipline, push the predators away long enough to allow their glowing coat of awareness to grow beyond the level of the toes. Once it goes beyond the level of the toes, it grows back to its natural size. The sorcerers of ancient Mexico used to say that the glowing coat of awareness is like a tree. If it is not pruned, it grows to its natural size and volume. As awareness reaches levels higher than the toes, tremendous maneuvers of perception become a matter of course.

"The grand trick of those sorcerers of ancient times was to burden the flyers' mind with discipline. Sorcerers found out that if they taxed the flyers' mind with inner silence, the foreign installation would flee, and give any one of the practitioners involved in this maneuver the total certainty of the mind's foreign origin. The foreign installation comes back, I assure you, but not as strong, and a process begins in which the fleeing of the flyers' mind becomes routine until one day it flees permanently.

"That's the day when you have to rely on your own devices which are nearly zero. A sad day indeed! There's no one to tell you what to do. There's no mind of foreign origin to dictate the imbecilities you're accustomed to. My teacher, the nagual Julian, used to warn all his disciples that this was the toughest day in a sorcerer's life for the real mind that belongs to us. The sum total of our experience after a lifetime of domination has been rendered shy, insecure, and shifty. Personally, I would say that the real battle of sorcerers begins at that moment. The rest is merely preparation"...

Don Juan looked at me from head to toe. "You are fearing the wrath of God, aren't you?" he said. "Rest assured, that's not your fear. It's the flyers' fear, because it knows that you will do exactly as I'm telling you."

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Exactly Boncho. As I am about to point out in my next post, there are other systems of belief/myths that point at something very similar

originally posted by: boncho
Sounds a bit like the Archon mythos. I wonder how many versions are told before its recognized as an underlying truth or reality? Or is it possible its just representing some other natural function of reality...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

This post should please some of you that takes this very seriously as you should, because it is the most important issue of the last few millenias.

There is a contagious psychospiritual disease of the soul, a parasite of the mind, that is currently being acted out en masse on the world stage via a collective psychosis of titanic proportions. This mind-virus─which Native Americans have called “wetiko”─covertly operates through the unconscious blind spots in the human psyche, rendering people oblivious to their own madness and compelling them to act against their own best interests.

An inner cancer of the soul, wetiko flavors and manages our perceptions by stealth and subterfuge so as to act itself out through us while simultaneously hiding itself from being seen. Not constrained by the conventional laws of third-dimensional space and time, this ‘bug’ in the system deceives us by working with the intrinsic projective tendencies of our mind so as to appear external to and other than ourselves, utilizing the seemingly outside world as the canvas for its full-bodied revelation of itself. Wetiko nonlocally in-forms, gives shape to and configures events in the world so as to synchronistically express itself, which is to say that just like in a dream, events in the outer world are symbolically reflecting a condition deep within the psyche of humanity.

Drawing on insights from Jungian psychology, shamanism, alchemy, spiritual wisdom traditions, and personal experience, author Paul Levy shows us that hidden within the venom of wetiko is a revelation as well as its own antidote, which once recognized can help us wake up and bring sanity back to our society. How wetiko manifests─will it destroy our species, or will it catalyze a deeper process of global awakening?─depends upon recognizing what it is revealing to us about ourselves.

Dispelling Wetiko ,Paul Levy

He is talking about the same thing as Don Juan. Everything is related. It is the most modern and recent book on the subject, i highly encourage to read it because it is a vital component to one's survival.

Who said parasitic beings were to be only of physical form? As the saying goes, as below so above, there are a multitude of different types of lifeforms. You might think to be at the top of the food chain when in Truth, you are just a tool being milked for its energy and the world's current state to be only a consequence of this grotesque situation.

Truth really is stranger than fiction!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Source for this?

This book? Book in question.

I wanna read this book is all.
edit on 2-8-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
And here I thought he would conclude with naming government as this entity ! Man was I wrong !

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Great stuff!
Fact or fiction, the Castaneda saga is some very profound material.
'A Yaqui Way of Knowledge' is still a favorite. It was a game-changer for me. (I read it while still ih high school)
Of course, then came the inevitable new agey flakes who had to turn it into a fad. Nay, a cult.

To this day, I can remember this lesson from Don Juan:

Words fail us. For this reason, a warrior seeks to act rather than to talk, and to this effect, he gets a new description of the world; where talking is not important. The world is unfathomable. So are we. The ultimate experience is being alive. A warrior understands that our world is very awesome, very mysterious, and does not reveal its secrets easily. A warrior's personality, his spirit, is marked by consistency, detachment, objectivity, sobriety, and above all, total dedication.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just read this ATS post yesterday..

Death and the Tunnel of Light: The Final Grand Trick

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Okay what the heck.. I have been researching this since I read it. Unpleasant reading to say the least, if true. Will keep an eye out for your next post. Thanks.

(post by Raggedyman removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like a certain "religion" to me. Ron , is that you come back ?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There's a very useful article on the unicus magazine website (see link below) that mentions several other similar belief systems/myths. I'll list some of them here with links for your further analysis, but it's worth looking through the article (see link at the end of this post) for other interesting observations and photos.

Gnosticism - The Archons

"Ancient Gnostic texts from Egypt, called the Nag Hammadi, describe two types of demonic alien beings that invaded earth long ago which they call the Archons. The first type of Archon looks like a reptile...the other type of Archon looks like a human embryo...which has the same shape and appearance as the "sky fish" photos. However, both types of Archon feed off negative human emotions/energy."

More information about The Archons:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The Middle Eastern culture - The Djinn

"Djinn are capable of possessing human beings. They are said to enter the blood stream and circulate rapidly through the body. They cause mental and physical problems, and also disrupt marriages and relationships. Asking a djinni to leave, or bargaining with it, may not be enough to get it to go, and someone who is trained may be needed to perform an exorcism to get it out of the body.

Djinn encounters occur everywhere, and they may be interpreted as other entities rather than their true selves. This is especially the case in areas where little is known about them. Encounters with angels, fairies, demons, elementals, extraterrestrials, mysterious creatures and ghosts of the dead may be djinn in disguise, either playing tricks or carrying out an agenda."

www.djinnuniverse.com...

The South African culture - The Imbulu

"They hide in deep cavities underground, because they are always feeling cold. In these cavities, we are told, there are huge fires which are kept going by slaves, human, zombie-like slaves. And, it is further said that these Zuswazi, these Imbulu, or whatever you choose to call them, are not capable of eating solid food. They either eat human blood, or they eat that power, the energy that is generated when human beings, on the surface of the Earth, are fighting and killing each other in large numbers.

I met people who have fled from the early Masaki in Rwanda, from years ago, and these people were horrified by what was happening in their country. They said that the slaughter of the Hutus by the Watusi, and the Watusi by the Hutus, is actually feeding the Imanujela, monsters. Because the Imanujela like to inhale the energy that is generated by masses of people being terrified or being killed by other people."

whale.to...

The Polynesian culture - The e'epa

'Makua looked at me quite seriously and observed, "If we look at the state of the world today, we can see their influence everywhere, and at every level. The could be thought of as psychic vampires. The e'epa are mental forces that have the ability to intrude into the human mind. They operate through subterfuge and psychic stealth.

They are adversaries who are drawn to humans because they wish to acquire our human capacity for creative imagination. Humans are creators, and they are not. Because of this, the deceivers will always be thwarted by the superiority of our human species."'

Makua comments, “The ‘e‘epa are accomplished shape-shifters who are good at mimicking. They can assume forms that are meaningful to the ones they choose to deceive…they are devious, and their motivation is deception. They operate through illusion, and they are masters of this practice.”

('The Bowl of Light: Ancestral Wisdom from a Hawaiian Shaman' by Hank Wesselman, Ph D)

You can find out more about the ‘e‘epa here: www.awakeninthedream.com...

Article link: www.unicusmagazine.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

So would there be any way of telling the difference between a Shaitan Djinn with its black bone claw hooked to your left shoulder blade and the claw of Azrael (Death) with his hand on your shoulder training a you to become a reaper ?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Cool thread thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Very insightful thread. S & F.

Brings to mind psychosis and explains why people with that condition hear voices telling them they are bad, going to hell, useless, and should kill themselves.

The creature is visible to the psychotic/schizophrenic. The veil is lifted.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Back to the Archon tripe, eh?
Actually I'd like to see KPB weigh in comparing his plasma entities to Casteneda's material. If nothing else it's a descriptive of how to break the control system Vallee outlines. Been many years since I read Casteneda's books, while many regard him as a fraud, metaphysically I found much value in the original material.

of course his followers have made a travesty of it since then.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You see, originally, human beings had believed that God was underground, that she was a very great mother who dwelt under the Earth because they saw all the green things growing from under the Earth-the grass came from below ground, the trees grew from below ground, and the people had believed, therefore, that the dead people who died go underground. But when the Chitauli turned humans’ eyes towards the sky, people started believing, now, that God is in the sky and that those who die from this Earth don’t go underground, but go up into the sky.

From OP's link..

So in regards to where we are supposed to go instead of the "white light" right after death... we just turn around and go to that special place underground??

interesting concept

we are made of earth so it makes sense to return to it....

Ill try to remember to look over my shoulder when the time comes.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Tucket because: been awhile

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Castaneda's work is a memento to the world from an indian nicknamed Juan Matus. I wonder if all along, his main goal wasnt to start something globally. I kinda tend to think so. This guy was a genius and a mastermind. A warrior. There is absolutely no doubt he existed. There is no way a white guy made up all this, without genuine help, which contain universal truths on his own especially at that time.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread. Time to dust off my Castaneda books, and order more that I don't have! Among my favorites, and such a joy to read. Quick reads, but they're among the few I've read repeatedly.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would have rolled on the Jesuits myself...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join