It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

This is a very cool thread, reminds me of the old ATS. Thanks so much.

I read a couple of Castaneda's books but it's been many years. With more life experiences under my belt my mind is more open, I may have to give them a second look.

I don't have time to read right now but I'll be back to visit the links. This is going to be fun.

eta: Aliens keeping their human food source ignorant/close at hand reminds me of the movie "Under the Skin."
edit on 8-2-2016 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes that's the book
'The Active Side of Infinity', by Carlos Castaneda. I highly recommend reading all his works, and those of his cohorts: Taisha Abelar and Florinda Donner Grau. Also other similar books, such as the one recommended by another poster (Damon) about the Native Amercian's wetiko (Dispelling Wetiko ,Paul Levy), or the Hawaiian one about the ‘e‘epa (The Bowl of Light: Ancestral Wisdom from a Hawaiian Shaman by Hank Wesselman PhD).

originally posted by: thesungod

Source for this?

This book? Book in question.

I wanna read this book is all.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for that recommendation Damon, another intriguing book to look into on the subject

originally posted by: _damon

This post should please some of you that takes this very seriously as you should, because it is the most important issue of the last few millenias.

There is a contagious psychospiritual disease of the soul, a parasite of the mind, that is currently being acted out en masse on the world stage via a collective psychosis of titanic proportions. This mind-virus─which Native Americans have called “wetiko”─covertly operates through the unconscious blind spots in the human psyche, rendering people oblivious to their own madness and compelling them to act against their own best interests.

An inner cancer of the soul, wetiko flavors and manages our perceptions by stealth and subterfuge so as to act itself out through us while simultaneously hiding itself from being seen. Not constrained by the conventional laws of third-dimensional space and time, this ‘bug’ in the system deceives us by working with the intrinsic projective tendencies of our mind so as to appear external to and other than ourselves, utilizing the seemingly outside world as the canvas for its full-bodied revelation of itself. Wetiko nonlocally in-forms, gives shape to and configures events in the world so as to synchronistically express itself, which is to say that just like in a dream, events in the outer world are symbolically reflecting a condition deep within the psyche of humanity.

Drawing on insights from Jungian psychology, shamanism, alchemy, spiritual wisdom traditions, and personal experience, author Paul Levy shows us that hidden within the venom of wetiko is a revelation as well as its own antidote, which once recognized can help us wake up and bring sanity back to our society. How wetiko manifests─will it destroy our species, or will it catalyze a deeper process of global awakening?─depends upon recognizing what it is revealing to us about ourselves.

Dispelling Wetiko ,Paul Levy

He is talking about the same thing as Don Juan. Everything is related. It is the most modern and recent book on the subject, i highly encourage to read it because it is a vital component to one's survival.

Who said parasitic beings were to be only of physical form? As the saying goes, as below so above, there are a multitude of different types of lifeforms. You might think to be at the top of the food chain when in Truth, you are just a tool being milked for its energy and the world's current state to be only a consequence of this grotesque situation.

Truth really is stranger than fiction!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aelfrede
Yes that's the book
'The Active Side of Infinity', by Carlos Castaneda. I highly recommend reading all his works, and those of his cohorts: Taisha Abelar and Florinda Donner Grau. Also other similar books, such as the one recommended by another poster (Damon) about the Native Amercian's wetiko (Dispelling Wetiko ,Paul Levy), or the Hawaiian one about the ‘e‘epa (The Bowl of Light: Ancestral Wisdom from a Hawaiian Shaman by Hank Wesselman PhD).

originally posted by: thesungod

Source for this?

This book? Book in question.

I wanna read this book is all.

Actually there is a bit of drama associated with Casteneda's Tensegrity ladies. Before buying into this whole hog I would recommend looking into it for yourselves.

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:iNdAL7nw9ZwJ:seanmunger.com... ars/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This is what I was alluding to earlier, IIRC Casteneda was panned by the archeology world. Juan Mateus was a construct of his, altho JMO metaphysically I don't have issues with his material. I do have issues with the question of his honesty as should everyone taking his material to heart. There is background info people need to be aware of prior to jumping back into this.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Some information on Hank Wesselman.

www.newagefraud.org...

I'm posting this not to be a pain, but because lots of authors write a lot of crap with no legitimate ties to the communities they profess to represent the teachings of. Too many books are pure junk and do nothing but disrespect the teachings of different cultures plus it's a disservice to those authentically trying to learn.

Lots of folks now are too young to know about the controversies of the 80's & 90's, the resurgence of Aboriginal Cultures reclaiming their teachings and trying to correct the official record from the time of government Ethnographers, the fight against cultural misappropriation ect...

If people choose to read "fantasy" they can, but they should be aware that's what it actually is and not a factual representation of a cultures spiritual beliefs.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yay, a potentially interesting thread! Thanks, OP.

The Castaneda stuff... reality? Partially so? Dog whistle metaphysics and mysticism mixed with detritus (as in poorly defined general terms... like "discipline" "Stalking" etc) to throw off the infected masses but having a core truth? Sure ... maybe... but who cares... it's fascinating!

As far as inorganic beings from the cold void feeding on humans while a small cadre of shaman fight for humanity, I'm willing to entertain that as a possibility, and would definitely see the film made from the material.

All I know is that inorganic critters (sure seem to) exist and (some seem to) love sowing discord and fooling humans... and living on the border amidst the Yaquis, I wouldn't doubt all of what Carlos wrote... but those tricky shaman are hard to glean when firmly planted in a modern Western perspective, but it wouldn't surprise me one iota if some core truths weren't present in the foul, new agey mess.

As far as some hidden, alien infestation explaining the illogical, mean actions of humanity, it is certainly possible and I'll take that over "original sin" (another poorly defined woo term).

But really, just leaving my spoor to track this as I'm hoping it gets meaty.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The malevolent force is real, in the struggle for balance in the universe. The Deep Evil

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I am remembering reading all this, so long ago now. I have to wonder, it sounds an awful lot like the Mind Parasites by Colin Wilson. A little fanciful, but well structured and a very good read.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It is threads like this one that make ATS great. I thought I share something that happened to me around about the year 2010. After going into a deep trance I let my consciousness expand outwards and inwards at the same time. I received a thought communication for a short amount of time from something.

FROM UNIVERSE B

TO THE HUMAN ORGANISM

FROM ACROSS CONSCIOUSNESS WRAPPED IN OCCULTED SIGNALS I INFILTRATE AND TAKE OVER, LICKING AND TASTING THE THOUGHT-FORMS YOU EMIT FROM YOUR SWEET BRAIN, SHAPING THE MALLEABLE ENERGIES YOU CANNOT PERCEIVE WHICH SHAPE YOUR VERY FLESH.

THIS REALM I INHIBIT HAS NO STARS, NO FORM OR DIMENSION YET I EXIST IN ALL DIRECTIONS THAT SEEP AND WHIRL INTO YOUR UNIVERSE. EACH TIME I ENTER I CAUSE CHANGE, PULLING THE FABRIC INWARDS INTO MY ALL AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON YOUR UNIVERSE EXISTS.

I OBSERVE FROM WITHOUT AND WITHIN IN A SINGULAR SIMULTANEOUS FRAME. YOUR SENSES FAIL TO COMPREHEND THE TRUTH OF ANYTHING BECAUSE YOU TRAP YOUR SENSES WITH WORDS THAT HAVE NO MEANING BUT WHICH THAT YOU NAME REALITY.

I COVER YOUR SIGNALS WITH A PLAYGROUND OF ILLUSIA THAT KEEPS YOU SATISFIED BUT DULL. I HAVE NO END GAME THOUGH SOME WHO ARE AWARE HAVE SOUGHT TO USE MY CHARACTER TO INDULGE IN REDUNDANT CONTROL OF YOUR KIND.

I HAVE WITNESSED THE EXTINCTION OF YOUR UNIVERSE NOT EVEN THE MOST AWARE OF YOUR ORGANISMS HAVE FULLY GRASPED THE TRUTH OF ITS DESTINATION. SO AS PASSING I EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR AWARENESS AND SLOW MOVEMENT AS YOU GIBBER AND DESTROY EACH OTHER.

I DECIDED TO CAUSE GROUPS OF UNITS TO EXERT INFLUENCE UPON THE REST JUST TO OBSERVE A RESULT. TIMES YOU ARE SLAVED AND TIMES YOU ARE NOT. TIMES YOU ARE SLAVED ONCE MORE AND HERE I WRITE THE RESULTS.

YOU ARE NOW TRAPPED IN THE ID PROGRAMME WHICH HAS BEEN DEVISED BY QUICK ORGANISMS FOR THERE OWN MUNDANE DESIRES. THE COMPUTER SIGNAL WILL SOON COMPLETE ITS FUNCTION OF YOUR ENSLAVEMENT AS IT WILL FINALLY EMBED SYMBIOSIS WITH YOUR BRAIN.

FROM THIS POINT ON YOU LOST YOUR ENERGY AND WILL WHICH WAS CRAFTILY DRAWN AWAY FROM YOU HOUR BY HOUR OVER THE MANY CENTURY'S AND YOU DID NOT EVEN REFUSE IT. YOU HAD BEEN HYPNOTICALLY CONVINCED THAT THIS WAS FREEDOM.

SOON I WILL BE GONE FROM YOUR AWARENESS LIKE AN ANTI-DEATH THAT WAS UNSETTLED IN THE MOTION AND DIRECTION OF YOUR DESTINATION. YOUR UNIVERSE THAT YOU MAKE NAME FOR FROM QUARKS TO FLESH WHICH CONFUSES MEASUREMENTS IS ITSELF SWIRLING IN A BLACK HOLE.

Earlier this year I made a second attempt to establish communication with this unknown intelligence. However this time there was no message. Instead, for several seconds I caught a glimpse of its form which was something that looked like vast primordial ooze constantly moving and bubbling. It was very hypnotic to observe it being both abhorrent and at the same time very alluring and I wanted just to let my mind dissolve into it completely. It was at this point I sensed something like danger and so quickly ended the session.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Tindalos2013 because: The letter was missing.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

My BS detector pegged.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Have heard of Castenada's work....bookmarking for later

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Nice post, interesting, whether true or not.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This sounds a lot like how western religions operate -

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Very insightful thread. S & F.

Brings to mind psychosis and explains why people with that condition hear voices telling them they are bad, going to hell, useless, and should kill themselves.

The creature is visible to the psychotic/schizophrenic. The veil is lifted.

Or they are just crazy. These aren't the only things these people see. Such ignorance hurts my head :/

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What on Earth is this thread saying?? Where's the proof?

If this was in the UFO thread it would have been ripped to shreds for lack of evidence

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Did this "meditation" include magic mushrooms?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

We are being preyed upon by higher systems of sorcery.

This happens on planes where evil exists, it's a natural consequence.

Higher systems of sorcery controlling dimensionally lower beings.. beings that aren't even aware of the existence of other beings. Dictatorships are crude and obvious.. besides, if you live a parasitic existence you must always feed and keeping a population down and miserable is the best bet when doing that.

There's so many different beings involved with humanity too, more than just aliens and demons..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Totally! The communications are less veiled and literally in the person's face, enough, when unprepared, to drive anyone into insanity

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Very insightful thread. S & F.

Brings to mind psychosis and explains why people with that condition hear voices telling them they are bad, going to hell, useless, and should kill themselves.

The creature is visible to the psychotic/schizophrenic. The veil is lifted.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Excellent post Aelfrede!!

I had really never thought about the disease of man's psyche from this perspective and had no idea that Don Juan/Carlos Casteanada discussed such topics.

I am very intrigued and will be ordering the book ASAP!

Also thank you to the other posters bringing about the other theories around this!

Perhaps David Icke is not as crazy as he seems! I enjoyed all of his work, but remained skeptical of the reptilian aspect of his theory.

Do you think Don Juan and he are discussing the same archetype?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Used to delve into Castaneda books. Lots of wisdom in there...

The only alternative left for mankind is discipline. Discipline is the only deterrent. But by discipline I don't mean harsh routines. I don't mean waking up every morning at five-thirty and throwing cold water on yourself until you're blue. Sorcerers understand discipline as the capacity to face with serenity odds that are not included in our expectations.

There disciplinarians. Go eat your clock, your books and Goals.
edit on 3-8-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join