It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

You are taking this so far out of context it is ridiculous.

I give up,

I must be in another reality.

The original discussion was about people posting threads. So if any of you skeptics had an experience that is worth discussing then by all means start a thread about it.

and you gave your opinion on why people post these threads, in which I replied that the same could be said for those that post here against the conclusions brought forth by some.

Like I said pay attention, it saves space and energy.

You just fail to comprehend something so simple.

If you feel people are being attacked, alert a Mod, skunkworks also allows opposing views, its not for a forum only for one sided threads.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And it's in the same place as everyone else unless you have a defect in your skeletal system.

.....but it is not how I remember it.

Then you remembered it wrong.

No need for special timey wimey spacey timeshiftey stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You know they'll just say something along the lines of "It's right for you, in THIS timeline, but not for us, from a different timeline."

Well if you want to discuss the ME then you should at least grasp this concept while making your arguments against it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It's a false concept based on people not wanting to admit their faults. We see it all the time.

People thinking they had more money in their bank.
People forgetting where they parked.
People forgetting where they put their phone/keys.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Are there any serious studies, or talks, or archive list of possible Mandela Effects? Some place I can go to get more information on this proposed phenomenon, that isn't YouTube? Not that information can't be garnered from videos. But you know.. YouTube. I would be interested in something with a little more meat on it. Not people simply stating as fact that it used to be Kit-Kat and not KitKat (for example).

Isn't it interesting how handfuls will remember it one way, and others another? But at the end of the day the ME proponents claim they know, so they are right. Instead of them just being in the camp that remembered something incorrectly (for whatever reason, does not have to be bad memories necessarily), they shifted into another reality. That's logical isn't it? No, it is a leap in mental gymnastics.

Maybe they are just.. wrong? Mistaken.

It's ok to be wrong. But this Mandela Effect thing...?

I don't know. Seems like a scapegoat for the pseudoscientific.

I obviously don't believe this phenomenon is real. But, ready to be swayed.

Hopefully there is better evidence besides:

"I remember it being Kit-Kat. But it isn't anymore. So logic dictates I shifted from another reality and everyone telling me I'm just mistaken are the ones who don't get it."

edit on 8-4-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

If you feel people are being attacked, alert a Mod, skunkworks also allows opposing views, its not for a forum only for one sided threads.

People were being attacked for entertaining this theory, and that's what my comment was about. A mod came in and even gave a warning to stop this exact behavior. Read it back. I never said people aren't allowed to post skeptic replies.

Again, you took it of context and have been posting useless drivel over nothing for the last 2 pages. How many times do I need to tell you to pay attention?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

One thing you all seem to have incommon is the inability to view thingss from another person's perspective.

Let's say one day you noticed something being different about your rib cage, it looks different to you, it feels different.

You think it is very strange and can't explain it but you go on with your life. Then a few weeks later you happen to come across other people who experience the exact same thing.

Imagine this happening to you. Would you be like "oh, just my bad memory".

Would you be like "oh cool conicidence that others experience it too.".

It is easy to say "yes" but would you really if this happened to you?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Um, yea it is. That's what proof is. Derp.

Oh really, I think you need to do some research.

Ever heard of people being acquitted because of lack of evidence? Meaning there is evidence but not enough to prove a crime.

Derp.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Which has nothing to do with what I said. Way to make an argument from nothing.

i said you can't have proof without evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You are again talking about short term memory.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

i said you can't have proof without evidence.

You responded to my comment that said, "evidence is not proof".

So what does it have to do with my original comment. Derp.

And you didn't even say that you said this,

Um, yea it is. That's what proof is. Derp.

edit on 4-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So? This rediculous "effect" is about short and long term memory.

I've noticed something about you. Your whole argument is "nope. You're wrong. I'm right." But as soon as anyone counters you with the same, you use the same argument.

You're using this "effect" to make yourself feel better. Just admit you didn't know. It's that simple. Loads of people forget or didn't know.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Try reading what I type.

Try to keep up.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ever heard of people being acquitted even with multiple eyewitness testimony? Happens all the time when the eyewitness was "sure" of something, but video evidence showed they were wrong.

I guess in their timeline the defendant really was guilty.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Give me an example of a short term memory, supposed ME.

I've noticed something about you. Your whole argument is "nope. You're wrong. I'm right."

Well if that's me than that surely is you too.

You're using this "effect" to make yourself feel better.

Better about what?

Just admit you didn't know.

Didn't know what?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Actually, I understood the "from the others perspective" before even entering this thread. I am not failing at that whatsoever.

Mandela remembers Kit-Kat.
WakeUpBeer remembers KitKat.
Both Mandela and WakeUpBeer are correct because:
In Mandela's timeline it is Kit-Kat.
In WakeUpBeer's timeline it is KitKat.
Mandela simply phased or shifted (not sure which terminology is appropriate here) into a different reality or timeline.

So....

Where did the timeline shifting stuff come into this theory? For what reason to people think this is what is happening, as opposed to the alternatives.

You see the alternative explanations make more sense and are more likely. But for the sake of argument.. let's say timeline shifting is just as much a possibility. What evidence is there to suggest this is the case? Or is it all feelings?

Do you see it from my perspective?

Why do alternate realities and timeline shifts need to be brought into this equation?

Or is all the evidence to suggest the Mandela Effect is real, very poor to non existent?

Are you suggesting that this alleged phenomenon can't even be studied?

If the only evidence is, "Hey I remember it this way and a few weeks later tons of other people online did too", the conclusion that it was always that way, for you, in another timeline you and the others shifted from... is a ridiculous one to make.

ETA: I have experienced the Mandela Effect and personally chalk it up to my memory.
edit on 8-4-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Why is it on the people who don't "believe" to give evidence? You lot have failed to give a shred of evidence to prove the ME is real.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

What does this have to do with specific point i was making about evidence not being the same as proof? That's right nothing. Derp.

Why is that every single time people bud in into a conversation between two other posters, their comment does not apply/

Stupidity? Horrible reading comprehension? Derp?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why is it on the people who don't "believe" to give evidence?

What is this nonsense.

You said this,

I am asking you to give an example of an ME that is due to fautly short term memory. I can't prove my ME claims but surely you could give an example of your statement.
edit on 4-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Of course you can't prove its real. No one can prove fiction to be real because it's fiction.

Short term memory ME would be the first time you remembered wrong. That's your short term memory conflicting with your long term memory.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join