It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Just having fun.
But come on people think "no it can't be me and myself getting older and my memory is not as good as it was it must be the time line is changing and I can see It".
So yes it is either they think they are special or they are in denial and they refuse to accept their own failings of just being mistaken.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
How do you know what specific people remember in order for you to make that statement?

First personal experience. Second: I was very interested in this phenomenon and read a lot about it a while ago and it's clear that most people who experience the Mandela effect don't have specialized education in the topics they remember 'differently', for example a doctor/nurse believing human anatomy was different or a geography lecturer remembering NZ North of Australia.

You read my perspective, why don't you focus on the part where I said that I noticed this myself before finding other people with the exact same memory, just a few weeks later.

You obviously keep insisting it was my bad memory but why are others experiencing the exact same, seemingly random issue, at this moment in time.

That is the thing that makes me think it is more than just my "bad memory".

It is definitely more than just bad memory, it is also poor knowledge on those specific topics, poor spelling, vulnerability to mass histeria (which is evident with the Mandela effect, just as it was with UFOs a few years back), the influence of media,etc (more factors are key to this phenomenon).

I never posted this but here is an example of how bad spelling is the main cause and explanation of many Mandela effects:

originally posted by: Greggers

Bingo. The people suffering from the "effect" were never in possession of specialized knowledge to begin with -- yet more evidence it's just people remembering things incorrectly.

The fact that many people share the same faulty memories should come as no surprise to anyone. Heck, we dream in the same archetypes, and many of us share a multitude of cultural experiences that are likely to shape our memories, faulty or otherwise.

Yep, I absolutely agree with you. Have a look at the pic I posted and tell me it doesn't sum up the Mandela effect.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So again, what is your point.

Do you know what point you were making when you said I replied to initially?

If so and you know what you are saying then my point is the same as what yours was.

The reason people post here about the Mandela effect, for or against is because they have had an experience.

Actually, it was a reply to a post claiming the opposite. You completely took the comment out of context and added your ramblings.

No, I understood what you were saying quite well.

I used the same point that you used about Mandela effect believers to say why everyone posts here.

Its not hard to understand.

You should try to understand what is being posted and in what context, a little better.

OK so break it down and show how I didn't understand.

It makes sense, what you said, yes people have had an experience, so have others that have concluded differently what is the cause for said experiences.

You get it, its not that hard to grasp.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You obviously keep insisting it was my bad memory but why are others experiencing the exact same, seemingly random issue, at this moment in time.

Its been explained numerous times in numerous Mandela effect threads.

There is a very logical reason why many make the same mistakes and have shared incorrect memories.

It is more than just 'your bad memory'.

edit on 4-8-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

Sometimes it takes a hard truth to wake somebody up, like a good swift slap to the face or a bucket of ice water over the head.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

First personal experience.

You know every medical professional in the world, plus what they do or don't remember. Sure.

Second: I was very interested in this phenomenon and read a lot about it a while ago and it's clear that most people who experience the Mandela effect don't have specialized education in the topics they remember 'differently', for example a doctor/nurse believing human anatomy was different or a geography lecturer remembering NZ North of Australia.

It's clear? Because you know them? How many medical professionals do you think will come out claiming such a thing in a YT vid anyway.

How many people did you see making these claims anyway? 5? 10? 50? At what point do you reckon you have large enough group to make a valid generalisation about the profession of all people who experience this.

And I really don't need to be a medical professional to remember what my body feels and looks like nor does one need to be a "geogaphy lecturer" to have been exposed to world maps or depictions of one, since almost everybody encounters them quite often throughout daily life.

It is definitely more than just bad memory, it is also poor knowledge on those specific topics,

I have poor knowledge on how my body feels and looks?

You are still ignoring my point.

Do you agree that my memory of a part of my body being different is not the same as a spelling mistake?

Do you agree that my claim is quite random and not something that is an obvious thing to "misremember"?

So why are others experiencing the exact same thing in the same timeframe, independantly from me?

I am sorry, but to write this off as a simple coincidence sounds just as absurd as the ME thing itself, from my perspective.

Like I said I would have never even mentioned this if it were not that I found other people experiencing the same thing and I wasn't even looking for it.

I never posted this but here is an example of how bad spelling is the main cause and explanation of many Mandela effects:

I could just as easily say that the person who typed in the text for the sticker was convinced it was Berenstein because it always was like that for that person.

Like every other argument that gets thrown around to disprove the ME, it is completely meaningless.

edit on 4-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The reason people post here about the Mandela effect, for or against is because they have had an experience.

You are taking this so far out of context it is ridiculous.

The original discussion was about people posting threads. So if any of you skeptics had an experience that is worth discussing then by all means start a thread about it. The point was that this is Skunk Works, a forum for theories that can't really be corroborated, and attacking people for entertaining such a theory is a nono.

Like I said pay attention, it saves space and energy.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

A, You were obviously mistaken about your anatomy, which people are, constantly.

B, Or you're from a different timeline with no evidence for it whatsoever.

I'll go with the evidence. A it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

There is a very logical reason why many make the same mistakes and have shared incorrect memories.

So tell me, what is the very logical reason that people remember their own rib cage being different?

(post by TheMaxHeadroomIncident removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The most interesting thing about this Mandela Effect, to me, is how adamant some of its proponents can be. This thread is an alright example of that. Some very good points have been made against the ME. Not so many (or any) good points in support of it.

One thing I hear a lot of people say, that I find really annoying is:

"You can't prove or disprove it"

Bullsnip. All evidence points to things like faulty memories, poor education, etc. Statements like "well you can't prove or disprove it" are desperate attempts to cling to whatever the belief is. You see it all the time from religious folks.

Is there any reason to take Mandela Effect seriously? Hell no.

People believe stupid # all the time. And just because you can't prove or disprove something does not mean that there is the slightest chance there is anything to it.

How about 'Otherkins"? Check them out if you aren't familiar with these people. They believe they are non human souls living in human bodies, sometimes they believe they have one (or more) animal spirits in addition to their human one. Go onto YouTube and listen to what they have to say. The things they experienced to bring them to these beliefs.

Hey, you can't prove they are wrong, right?

So let's not laugh at how utterly ridiculous the notion is and treat it as a real possibility!
edit on 8-4-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hmm.. I only remember clicking post once.

I think I shifted.
edit on 8-4-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: dp

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

People don't know where their livers and kidneys are, for one. They normally guess too low.

And, yes, I have made mistakes about my anatomy. I'm not a doctor, nurse or in any way in the medical field. It's easy to make mistakes when it's not your area of expertise.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Evidence is not proof sport. Saying that 'bad memory" is more likely only works from your perspective.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I am talking about my rib cage. I know where it is and I can feel and see it......

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Evidence is not proof sport.
Um, yea it is. That's what proof is. Derp.

Saying that 'bad memory" is more likely only works from your perspective.
Nope. It works from every perspective. Unless you NEED it to be something else.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well done. That wasn't what you were asking about though, was it?

Goalposts
Shifted
Again

So, what's (according to you) up with your ribs?

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And it's in the same place as everyone else unless you have a defect in your skeletal system.

thesebonesofmine.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You know they'll just say something along the lines of "It's right for you, in THIS timeline, but not for us, from a different timeline."

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

And it's in the same place as everyone else unless you have a defect in your skeletal system.

Dupedie derpa derp.

He scores again. What did I tell you. You can't grasp what is being discussed even though I explained it to you at least 4 times but you still come up with the same invalid dumb argument.

Here I go again.....

Did I say it was different from everybody else's. No I didn't. It is obviously the way it is supposed to be, but it is not how I remember it.

Derp.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join