It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MANDELA EFFECT - I just discovered a jaw dropping change

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
That's not a Mandela effect, it's poor education.

Mars is roughly the size of our moon and always has been. You are confusing Venus' size with the size of Mars.

a reply to: heineken

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Wait, back up. The North Pole is not missing. It is ice for most of the year, why do you think otherwise?

You are kind of embarrassing yourself with this thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

' it's poor education '

' embarrassing yourself '

Why so aggressive in your posts made of few lines ?

I never like you, go waste time in something I don't find interesting. Anyway, if you are ok with wasting your time since maybe time means nothing to a dull life , thanks for bumping the thread buddy!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Nope I have always known the size I think you are getting mixed up with Venus.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Could it be possible you have just been mistaken?.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The reason people accuse Mandela experiencers of having faulty memory is their tendency to post discrepancies involving names, quotes, figures, and other simple data. In other words, they post about the kinds of things that can easily be attributed to faulty memory.

You never hear a person say something like, "I distinctly remember the last President being Jimmy Walker, formerly of Good Times. I wrote a report in college about his commencement, which included these specific quotes... I can recall with clarity his campaign slogan: Make America DYNOMITE! And I distinctly recall that the first bill he signed into law involved a prohibition on all Jethro Tull albums."

A person from a true alternate timeline would have much more to talk about. It wouldn't be just little stuff like, "Oh, it used to be called Fruit Loops."

If your proof that you come from an alternate timeline involves a couple of changed letters in the title of a children's book, you might as well hang it up. Certainly you can come up with SOMETHING from this alternate timeline that will blow us away. Of course, at that point, skeptics might accuse you of making stuff up -- one solution to this might involve having all the Mandela sufferers do independent memory dumps of ACTUAL HISTORICAL FACTS FROM THEIR TIMELINE and then see if any of the stories that match up are even remotely interesting.

If that Jimmy Walker story popped out of 100 different people who didn't know each other, you'd have something.
edit on 3-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh and come on guys you don't actually believe this do you?.
We get older and our memories are not as sharp as they used to be.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMaxHeadroomIncident
In any case it is a way for you to do a lot of cheap trolling in Skunk Works threads attacking people who want to discuss the type of theories this forum was intended for.

No, it's called debating or arguing. A challenge to your (no evidenced) theory about ME should not be immediately assumed as a personal attack.

Also, discussing very out there, very...how to put it politely..."stupid" theories WILL draw people to it to counter it.

That is the nature of an open-forum.

If you don't like people strongly countering your claims, and you take offence to the how and why of their arguments, then move your discussions to private PMs. If you post them openly, expect to be countered, openly.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Oh and come on guys you don't actually believe this do you?.
We get older and our memories are not as sharp as they used to be.

This is the point -- ME evangelists refuse to entertain that possibility, even though the evidence suggests as much.

I'll happily entertain the theory of ME - if there was 1 piece of genuine evidence to support. Which, of course, there is not because "reality changed".

How convenient. Imagine if criminal trials worked under the same form of evidence. Or lack thereof....

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

And just because you believe it doesn't mean it exists either.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

And telling people they are wrong because you were is just plain silly.

See no need for caps.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You're thinking of Venus, Mars is much smaller than Earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Dude, if you are truly happy, then I don't give a rats ass what you believe, enjoy it. I mean that. But do be careful. Delusional behavior can manifest into a bit more than some can handle. And for the record, it is entirely possible that you and perhaps others with the ME are just mistaken with their memories.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I joined ATS after reading the biggest thread about Mandela effect, but after so many other threads it's very clear that people didn't make any progress. Basically it's all about the more or less philosophical question of what the truth and perception is, like debate about falling trees and existence of moon if no one is looking at it...

en.wikipedia.org...

And as I understand the point of ME is not if something is true or not, it's the question why people were convinced in something they can't find any proof any more. Wrongly learnt, diminishing memory, poor education can be the reasons, but you can simply never 100% dismiss that ME for someone isn't true.

I believe many things are possible, but waiting for ME like perfectly healthy and sane people changing color of the skin over night (at least I think this should convince people...), seems beyond anything I can imagine.

But keep it on!

edit on 3-8-2016 by Krneki because: "find" was missing

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

No matter how you look at it, they are experiencing something.

So are the others that don't 'experience' the changes, they are experiencing and have shared memories of things that people claim is Mandela effect changes when in fact their 'experience' is it hasn't changed but the experience is a select few claiming it has.

Everyone is experiencing something which is why they come here to discuss/debate.

One little issue with the Mandela effect crowd is it cant be proven or disproven, its the perfect social conditioning tool, its the perfect food to feed a delusional mind because it cant be proven or disproven.

We have much evidence of how the mind is easily manipulated and how fallible it really is but that just doesn't cut it.

Some people just know they are from another timeline.

I guess its like some know they reincarnations of Christ.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Next it will be

MY GOD!! Look at the Size of Jupiter its So BIG!!

I Knew it was Huge but that Not that Huge! LOL

you want a Mandela Effect ??

How about Looking at Globe Maps

and compare the Land mass Sizes through out the Decades of the 20th Century to NOW!

Mostly Africa and Green Land!!

you people want to Debate Debate That !

about the Old and the New

There is a World Map that is still used Today and it Totally Wrong !!

Maps That Prove You Don't Really Know Earth
www.youtube.com...

edit on 32016WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago8215 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 32016WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago8215 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Yeah but it was because of Bias why we had different maps here watch.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't remember a specific size. I only remember that it had 1/4 the gravity of earth and the moon had 1/10th the gravity of earth.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Lloyd Pye is one of the Early Few that mentioned it !

of the Mandela Effect on Global/World Maps ...

Ive Spoken with him a few times

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

No, it's called debating or arguing. A challenge to your (no evidenced) theory about ME should not be immediately assumed as a personal attack.

The person I responded to wasn't debating,he was attacking people who entertain the ME theory and was warned by a mod because of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join