It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This Khan fellow was a Trap by the democrats. Trump needs to stop hitting back at everyone and then say I give my condolences to you and your families loss. That would had been better.

Trump is too thin skinned to do the honorable thing, he has no honor or integrity, nor does Hillary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Gothmog

Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy

Yeah , what he didnt say was " conveniently provided to me by the DNC just before going on stage"
Peace

Donald doesn't like to read, by his own admission, his statements in public would indicate that he has no idea what the COTUS says, let alone understand it.

I betcha Trump can recite the 3 branches of government and what they do. Not so sure about this Khan . Or the Democratic Party in general.
Debbie , is that you ?

edit on 8/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy

Yeah , what he didnt say was " conveniently provided to me by the DNC just before going on stage"
Peace

Donald doesn't like to read, by his own admission, his statements in public would indicate that he has no idea what the COTUS says, let alone understand it.

I betcha Trump can recite the 3 branches of government and what they do. Not so sure about this Khan . Or the Democratic Party in general.

I have my serious doubts considering he has no idea what the first amendment says. He stepped on his junk, and none of you trumpster dumpsters are willing to admit it. That honestly scares me more than a Romney presidency. Good thing I am not a Democrat then, would be ashamed at this point to be a Republican, will hold on to my independent status, and not blindly follow some asshat meglomaniac that wants to step all over our constitution.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I DON'T support him I wanted Carson.
I don't support Hillary worse,for many reasons since Watergate.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

and none of you trumpster dumpsters

So , calling names now...and WRONGLY as well.Classic . And so intellectual. NOT . As you dont know me and just resorted to rhetoric and tripe , you rate my following message
Thank you for playing the game , but you had no tokens.
Dont bother with even one single reply...
Oh , forgot:
Intellectual
Definition provided by Google Defs:

adjective
"adjective: intellectual

of or relating to the intellect."

edit on 8/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I DON'T support him I wanted Carson.
I don't support Hillary worse,for many reasons since Watergate.

I don't support Hillary, nor Bernie. As an independent, this cycle I was hoping for Jeb (he was Governor in FL while I lived there) or Kasich (he seemed to be the most level headed Republican). I understand the support for Carson, unfortunately at that level, he was way in over his head.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well let's see...

Trump did not attack the veteran for his service. If anything, his death was used as a running tally in 2004 by the Dems as a political tool.

The mother has a right to make her voice heard, but she didn't use it at the convention.

Trump's comments against Muslim refugees was to screen out extremists like the ones who killed Khan's son.

It's pretty disgusting to see a soldier's death used like this. Being a gold star family should not be a shield against justified criticism and commentary.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

and none of you trumpster dumpsters

So , calling names now...and WRONGLY as well.Classic . And so intellectual. NOT . As you dont know me and just resorted to rhetoric and tripe , you rate my following message
Thank you for playing the game , but you had no tokens.
Dont bother with even one single reply...

And Crooked Hillary, Lying Ted, and Little Marco are ok, FMTT. You, by your comments and defense of Trump's action are a supporter, if I have called you on it, now I am a name caller, perfect circular logic. Nice editing by the way, noticed you had no comments about the actual meat of the message. DW

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Well let's see...

Trump did not attack the veteran for his service. If anything, his death was used as a running tally in 2004 by the Dems as a political tool.

The mother has a right to make her voice heard, but she didn't use it at the convention.

Trump's comments against Muslim refugees was to screen out extremists like the ones who killed Khan's son.

It's pretty disgusting to see a soldier's death used like this. Being a gold star family should not be a shield against justified criticism and commentary.

Nor should it be a reason to deny them their right to free speech. Trump's comment was to ban all Muslims, he has walked it back a bit, but the original comment was to ban all. Trump is not shielded against any criticism as he has chosen to seek public office, he is apparently thin skinned, and claimed he was viciously attacked, and struck back, not the person I want leading my country. He has no honor or integrity.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's sad that either party would use parents of soldiers who gave their life for this country....

Putting your life on the line for the country is apolitical...

Shame on both parties....

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
It's sad that either party would use parents of soldiers who gave their life for this country....

Shame on both parties....

I am not going to disagree with you, possibly the parents asked for a platform. I don't know the backstory, but maybe they had a message they wanted to get out.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

When you say used...do you mean to say that the Khans have no minds of their own?

When your son gives his life for his country, and his country is thinking about electing someone that doesn't respect him based on his faith - I could see his parents getting political pretty fast

It's a shame that you don't see the Khans as intelligent people with a cause

edit on 8/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I thank all families who have lost a son or daughter, in defense of the country....

I could give a rat's arse which party thinks they died for...

They have made the ultimate sacrifice, and deserve our respect and gratitude, to use their sacrifice for political gain only shames those who do it...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If a guy ,WITH that PAPER,WHO LED his field ,in the COUNTRY.
I'M sorry THAT guy is best to deal with MANY things we need ,STARTING with a mental health system that can support employment.
People are giving up.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

I thank all families who have lost a son or daughter, in defense of the country....

I could give a rat's arse which party thinks they died for...

They have made the ultimate sacrifice, and deserve our respect and gratitude, to use their sacrifice for political gain only shames those who do it...

I don't know the backstory, perhaps they requested to be allowed to speak? If that is the case, they had a message to get across, not a tactic for political gain. I am a veteran, they have my respect and gratitude, as do all of the families of veterans.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I don't blame the Khan's, and I don't blame the Smith's...

Both families, along with thousands of other families in the US, have lost a loved one serving the country....

We can debate all day whether their children should have been sacrificed, but for me.. to try and use them as political pawns is disgraceful...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

If a guy ,WITH that PAPER,WHO LED his field ,in the COUNTRY.
I'M sorry THAT guy is best to deal with MANY things we need ,STARTING with a mental health system that can support employment.
People are giving up.

You know, he has the paper because his father gave him a million dollar loan. If our fathers handed us a million bucks, I am pretty sure, our lives would be different than they are right now. Trump was born with the silver spoon.

The mental health system in this country blows goats, you and I can agree on that, but I have never heard Trump saying anything about mental health, except at this point, professionals are questioning his, based on his public appearances.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

YOU could LEAD the country in a field like Pediatric brain surgery?
I COULDN'T.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

NOPE ,just different color dice to me really.
If it doesn't work You'll hear me fighting about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join