It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I don't blame the Khan's, and I don't blame the Smith's...

Both families, along with thousands of other families in the US, have lost a loved one serving the country....

We can debate all day whether their children should have been sacrificed, but for me.. to try and use them as political pawns is disgraceful...

YMMV

I would agree, perhaps due to the time Mr. Kahn has had to mourn the loss of his son, and Mr. Trump's rhetoric concerning Muslims, he asked to be able to speak. According to reports, he is fairly well connected and would serve to promote the Democrats, so they allowed him to speak. Ms. Smith, I know nothing about, so cannot comment, however the mother of one of the dead in Benghazi has asked the RNC to stop pushing her son's death to promote their political agenda.

4491 Americans have died in Iraq, but the Republicans want to crucify Hillary for the 4 that died in Benghazi, may they rest in peace. The hypocracy is YUGE.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Nor should it be a reason to deny them their right to free speech. Trump's comment was to ban all Muslims, he has walked it back a bit, but the original comment was to ban all.

"..until we figure out what is going on." - You should use the entire quote if you are going to attack his original speech.

Trump is not shielded against any criticism as he has chosen to seek public office, he is apparently thin skinned, and claimed he was viciously attacked, and struck back, not the person I want leading my country. He has no honor or integrity.

I never said he was shielded. He needs a much thicker skin, agreed.

"Honor and Integrity" are a nebulous claim based on personal opinion so we can agree to disagree.

But I don't see this criticism against Trump refugee scrutiny as anything but using an unrelated event from 12 years ago to score political points and somehow try to frame the Democrats as the pro-military party despite the actions of their base.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Both families, along with thousands of other families in the US, have lost a loved one serving the country....

We can debate all day whether their children should have been sacrificed, but for me.. to try and use them as political pawns is disgraceful...

YMMV

I would agree, perhaps due to the time Mr. Kahn has had to mourn the loss of his son, and Mr. Trump's rhetoric concerning Muslims, he asked to be able to speak. According to reports, he is fairly well connected and would serve to promote the Democrats, so they allowed him to speak. Ms. Smith, I know nothing about, so cannot comment, however the mother of one of the dead in Benghazi has asked the RNC to stop pushing her son's death to promote their political agenda.

4491 Americans have died in Iraq, but the Republicans want to crucify Hillary for the 4 that died in Benghazi, may they rest in peace. The hypocracy is YUGE.

Thank you, with that post I know everything I need to know about your participation in this thread...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: BubbaJoe

YOU could LEAD the country in a field like Pediatric brain surgery?
I COULDN'T.

Pediatric Brain Surgery is a little advance for me, used to be able to build you the baddest damn Chevy 350 in the county, unfortunately, my body don't work no more. I am not pro Hillary, just anti Trump, am thinking about writing in my dog come election day.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This Khan fellow was a Trap by the democrats. Trump needs to stop hitting back at everyone and then say I give my condolences to you and your families loss. That would had been better.

If he said that, they would have blasted him for not caring enough.

It wouldn't have mattered what he said.

He could have said he'd start a scholarship fund for muslims in the sons name and the press would claim he was pandering.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

YMMV

Thank you, with that post I know everything I need to know about your participation in this thread...

I do not understand that remark. You know nothing about me, yes I am anti trump and think he is an ass. I have tried to be as respectable, for the most part, in this thread. Your all knowing ability seems a bit odd to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Nor should it be a reason to deny them their right to free speech. Trump's comment was to ban all Muslims, he has walked it back a bit, but the original comment was to ban all.

"..until we figure out what is going on." - You should use the entire quote if you are going to attack his original speech.

Trump is not shielded against any criticism as he has chosen to seek public office, he is apparently thin skinned, and claimed he was viciously attacked, and struck back, not the person I want leading my country. He has no honor or integrity.

Ok, will give you the "until we figure out what is going on" that I deleted, still a hit on religious freedom, guaranteed by the constitution.
I never said he was shielded. He needs a much thicker skin, agreed.

"Honor and Integrity" are a nebulous claim based on personal opinion so we can agree to disagree.

But I don't see this criticism against Trump refugee scrutiny as anything but using an unrelated event from 12 years ago to score political points and somehow try to frame the Democrats as the pro-military party despite the actions of their base.

Ok, will give you the "until we figure out what is going on" that I deleted, still a hit on religious freedom, guaranteed by the constitution. Honor and integrity are pretty ingrained in those that have served in the military, we take entire classes on it, so not nebulous at all. Mr. Trump has neither.

An unrelated incident? Trump wants to ban his religion in the US, monitor Muslims, have them register, and this man's son died defending the USA, how is that in anyway unrelated?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

This Khan fellow was a Trap by the democrats. Trump needs to stop hitting back at everyone and then say I give my condolences to you and your families loss. That would had been better.

He could have said he'd start a scholarship fund for muslims in the sons name and the press would claim he was pandering.

No that would have been a whole lot better than attacking the family.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: projectvxn

Ya know, that's fine and dandy. I'm not a military fan, I don't stuff my nose up asses while prostrating at vets' feet in worship. But there's a line in the sand there that isn't crossed in my book, and that's flat-out disrespect. I expect the same respect given to families of fallen FD & PD to carry over to the military, too. Basic humility and respect in that regard. Trump shat on the concept.

Than were is your outrage for Hillary calling Pat Smith a liar. See here's what I noticed Trump gets attacked but Hillary does thr same thing and no press coverage. On any issue Hillary has done thr same or worse. Even failure to release his tax returns. HILLARY DID THR SAME THING THAN WHEN SHE DECIDED TO REALISE THEM FILED FOR A CORECTION ON HER TAXES. She apparently forgot to include donations and speeches ooooppppsss .

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

YMMV

I do not understand that remark. You know nothing about me, yes I am anti trump and think he is an ass. I have tried to be as respectable, for the most part, in this thread. Your all knowing ability seems a bit odd to me.

Here's what I said...

I won't go further, this is a thread about families that have sacrificed, lost a loved one in service to the United States...

I just have a problem with anyone, any party, any political entity, using their brave service and loss of life, for political purposes...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

to try and use them as political pawns is disgraceful...

Which was my point. Why do you not see them as people participating in the Democratic process of their own free will?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I used to airbrush 2 cars with murals.
AND one Ford econoline.
I cringe when I remember what I didn't friggin know.
GET paid up front, once its done they think it was easy.

AND they wonder where I got this chip...
edit on 1-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Ok, will give you the "until we figure out what is going on" that I deleted, still a hit on religious freedom, guaranteed by the constitution.

Only through a distorted perception. I don't recall Trump calling for restrictions of religious freedom in the original quote. It was more of an embargo on who was let into the country until better screening measures could be put in place.

Honor and integrity are pretty ingrained in those that have served in the military, we take entire classes on it, so not nebulous at all. Mr. Trump has neither.

Did Trump smear the military service of Khan's son?

An unrelated incident? Trump wants to ban his religion in the US, monitor Muslims, have them register, and this man's son died defending the USA, how is that in anyway unrelated?

Yes, unrelated. Khan's son was killed in Iraq in 2004 by islamic extremists.
Trump does not want to ban Islam in the US.
I believe Trump wants to monitor mosques that have a track record of radicalizing people.
Any person who comes into the USA legally is registered, aka documented.

I'm not seeing any direct connections besides the fact the Khan family share a religion with the terrorists that may be trying to infiltrate refugees.

Trump is not banning Islam.
It doesn't sounds like Khan's son was radicalized.
Khan's son was killed before the refugee crisis emerged.

Again, it looks like using a serviceman's death for political advantage to a unrelated issue.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

dailycaller.com...

And Kahn wants out of spotlight
edit on 1-8-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

When they are put on the stages of BOTH national conventions, it's beyond allowing them to speak, it's pushing a narrative..

which on both party's part, is disgusting....

Why aren't we angry about the folks IN power that have used their position to drag this country further into chaos....

Today we are now dropping bombs in Libya.. Sirta... it just happens to be the area that Qaddafi came from, the same region of Libya that our (US) country restricted from having a voice in post Qaddafi Libya....

THey are calling it and attack on ISIS, I ain't buying it...

I think it just may be folks in Sirte, who want to fix the mess that the US and it's allies started when "Arab Spring" was all the rage...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Good for him , now lets see how he likes the Treatment he will receive from a President Hillary Clinton . Say your Last Rites Soldier ........

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

No that would have been a whole lot better than attacking the family.

Then might as well tell the truth, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm starting to see those headlines again that ask, "Does Donald Trump REALLY want to be President?"

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Is only one despicable reason, the death can not talk, but the families can be bought specially with the liaison that the family of this hero have with the middle east and the democratic party.

Is more to the story that the Democrats will want anybody to know, they only want the people to see and hear what they want.

Despicable all of them, despicable.

Sadly the death hero can not tell his own story.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You want to turn this conversation into something else. You get no argument from me about how disgusting the wars are - our involvement - all the ugliness that came with it and that's still spreading - with no end in sight

The title of this thread is: VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families

I'm not actually picking on you - you were just the last post in the thread when I got here. You said the same thing as so many others - here at ATS and out there all over the internet

That they're pawns - that Hillary is using them...

If you heard or read anything they said - you should be able to tell for yourself how authentically angry they both are

If you were a Muslim American, given the things Trump has said, and that many of his supporters have said - would you be voting for Trump? Is it really a stretch to imagine that there aren't quite a few Muslims that might be ready, willing and able to speak out against him?

I don't understand why you and many others can't see the Khans as people on a mission. Instead they're painted as victims - at the mercy of the Democrats

edit on 8/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join