It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
It all basically comes down to the fact, that Trump has no filters, someone attacked him because of his Muslim ban comments. So he feels free to attack the family of a slain soldier. If it was only his filters that were defective, I would write him off as the drunk uncle at Thanksgiving, but nuclear codes in the hands of a meglomaniac, no thanks. He is unfit to hold the office of POTUS, and the Republicans should be hanging their heads in shame.

Who really has no filter here? They know Trump simply wants a bit more accountability at the borders and emigration policy and hot head dad stands up and blows of stupidity. Makes false accusations against Trump by misrepresentation and bigoted characterizations of him.

Man the rose colored glasses are thick here, he called for the outright banning of Muslim immigrants and visitors to this country, has walked it back a bit, but now wants to ban people from any region that has allowed immigrants in, and none of you "Constitutional Conservatives" have a problem with this. No one has to make bigoted characterizations of Trump, he does it all on his own. He also wants to punish journalists who write bad stuff about him. The first amendment doesn't mean much to him, he wants to violate freedom of religion and freedom of the press, next will be freedom of assembly. He is a disaster, and it is a shame that so many that I spent time defending, cannot see Trump for the ass that he is.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

WE won't give him THAT he's being being an idiot.
WE KNOW he can't SHUT up about the first thing he thinks of.
Refugee program?
NO way in hell without CAREFUL screening.
TO INCLUDE Christians as well THIS TIME.
BACK the KURDS in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: gladtobehere

John McCain isn't happy either.

John McCain Slams Trump

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) strongly repudiated on Monday Donald Trump's repeated attacks on the family of a Muslim-American solider killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

"I claim no moral superiority over Donald Trump. I have a long and well-known public and private record for which I will have to answer at the Final Judgment," McCain said in the lengthy statement. "I challenge the nominee to set the example for what our country can and should represent."

"It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party," McCain said. "While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us."

There's even more w/McCain. Here's one paragraph of McCain's full press release (found in a twitter link in your link):

“I cannot emphasize enough how deeply I disagree with Mr. Trump’s statement. I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates.”

But at the same time, McCain's already endorsed Trump! And he hasn't pulled his endorsement (as of the time of this post). How can he tell me and every other American this, then turn around and nominate and endorse the guy he claims doesn't represent his party's views. That doesn't make sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

you mean I sang like a bluebird mc cain? Lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

WE won't give him THAT he's being being an idiot.
WE KNOW he can't SHUT up about the first thing he thinks of.
Refugee program?
NO way in hell without CAREFUL screening.
TO INCLUDE Christians as well THIS TIME.
BACK the KURDS in Iraq.

Trump has run his whole campaign on fear mongering, he appeals to the lowest common denominator. I know that no one is going to give him these things, but the support for him, despite him saying them, has honestly blown my mind. He is a disaster of a human being, but yet there are 40+ percent of the American public that support him, makes me shake my head. Hillary is a disaster as well. Unfortunately none of the candidates that I would happily vote for could gain any traction on either side. I would honestly vote for Romney over either of the current asshats, and I wouldn't piss on Romney if he was on fire.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

John McCain Slams Trump

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) strongly repudiated on Monday Donald Trump's repeated attacks on the family of a Muslim-American solider killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

"I claim no moral superiority over Donald Trump. I have a long and well-known public and private record for which I will have to answer at the Final Judgment," McCain said in the lengthy statement. "I challenge the nominee to set the example for what our country can and should represent."

"It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party," McCain said. "While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us."

There's even more w/McCain. Here's one paragraph of McCain's full press release (found in a twitter link in your link):

“I cannot emphasize enough how deeply I disagree with Mr. Trump’s statement. I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates.”

But at the same time, McCain's already endorsed Trump! And he hasn't pulled his endorsement (as of the time of this post). How can he tell me and every other American this, then turn around and nominate and endorse the guy he claims doesn't represent his party's views. That doesn't make sense.

I think the reason behind McCain not pulling his endorsement, he is in a tight primary race for the Senate seat he currently holds, he has to pander to the base.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

After looking at his record I'd say he frequently speaks FAR too abruptly ,things that are mostly to sell a product.
Political words are simply null and void of valuable data.
LOOK at what they've done.
NOT what they say.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

After looking at his record I'd say he frequently speaks FAR too abruptly ,things that are mostly to sell a product.
Political words are simply null and void of valuable data.
LOOK at what they've done.
NOT what they say.

His only product is himself, and he has sold that well. I do not believe Trump is the man that he tries to sell. I honestly believe that he is a psychopath, and am amazed that he has pulled the wool over the eyes of 40+ percent of our citizens. You and I are both veterans, most likely both NCO's, I wouldn't defend a comrade in arms against some of the things Trump has said, unless in the face of the enemy. There is a lot to be said concerning Honor and Integrity, Trump has neither, and I cannot defend his idiocy.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: projectvxn
Grow a thicker skin and don't get on stage if you can't take the heat.

Mr. Khan has rhinoceros skin! Not to mention the balls. He has taken on Trump and is willing to face the consequences. He isn't backing down. He has never indicated that he's special or that he should be shielded from those consequences. He can take the heat. He wears a flame-proof suit with a Constitution in the pocket.

Stage show. With all due respect to his son, dad doesn't even know what he is talking about. Dads going to spend the death equity of his son attacking a guy that only want to make sure that the folks that killed his son stay out of the US.

Never quite understood why people freak out so much over Trump wanting to keep this country safe... If Hillary was making these comments, she'd be lauded.

It's because he's not a politician and just a regular american, therefor has no idea.

It's not something for him or us to worry about.
Like the country's direction.

The way the media is handling this is scandalous, they should be ashamed, but like hillary, not gonna happen.

Trump has done and said nothing he should be ashamed of. The whole premise of the parents being there was another lie by hillary and the dems.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

NO NCO,I never went for it LOWLY SP4,NCOs had their hands full they used me for assistance in the 80s anyway ,at LEAST 2 article 15s by my count, but the kids were... stubborn and blocked the F##KN mission (80s)HE HAS completed many business negotiations with all the complications or has SUCCESSFULLY delegated authority for THAT to effectively happen so I want to see what that looks like.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here:

globalriskinfo.com...

Awesome letter.

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump. Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers? Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful. The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements. One vote is as valuable as another. That sir, is why our Country is great. Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Trump never said anything bad about Khan or his son. Khan and the DNC called out Trump, even though Trump had nothing to do with this war.

On the other hand Hillary was directly involved in the situation spoken about at the RNC. But, that didn't stop anyone for trashing that poor lady.

If Trump wanted to get dirty he would've called out Khan on his scandal that's being investigated. If it wasn't bad enough that khan is selling U.S. Citizenship, how bad does it look now that he's using his sons death for an agenda.
edit on 1-8-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

John McCain Slams Trump

I think the reason behind McCain not pulling his endorsement, he is in a tight primary race for the Senate seat he currently holds, he has to pander to the base.

Ironically, former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani speculated the exact opposite. He just said this about McCain's words against Trump:

“There is nobody who admires John McCain more, and wants him to be reelected more, than me. But I think you’re hearing a guy who’s worried about whether he can be reelected in Arizona,” Giuliani said in an interview with The Washington Post. “John wouldn’t be saying this if he were running two years from now. He’d just keep his mouth shut.”
Giuliani: ‘Worried’ reelection outlook prompted McCain’s rebuke of Trump
Explain that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: ScriptedSociety

Wow. We all knew the media and it's thirsty denizens are in the dems pockets, but this is ludicrous.

More fun with the MSM and the DNC racists doing everything they can to manipulate people

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This Khan fellow was a Trap by the democrats. Trump needs to stop hitting back at everyone and then say I give my condolences to you and your families loss. That would had been better.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy

Yeah , what he didnt say was " conveniently provided to me by the DNC just before going on stage"
Peace
edit on 8/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

NO NCO,I never went for it LOWLY SP4,NCOs had their hands full they used me for assistance in the 80s anyway ,at LEAST 2 article 15s by my count, but the kids were... stubborn and blocked the F##KN mission (80s)HE HAS completed many business negotiations with all the complications or has SUCCESSFULLY delegated authority for THAT to effectively happen so I want to see what that looks like.

I made E5 (SSgt) in the AF in less than 4 years, my last four years were as a technical instructor, dealing with kids right out of basic, guard and reserve NCO's, and students from 37 different countries. I taught in a DOD school, so worked with, and taught Army, AF, Navy and Marines. Trump hires attorneys, who hire more attorneys, who deal with the attorneys for the other side. I have my serious doubts if Trump has actually sat down and negotiated anything personally, he doesn't have the personality of a negotiator. I know you are trying to support him, but he is not who or what he pretends to be, lets see his tax returns.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

John McCain Slams Trump

Ironically, former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani speculated the exact opposite. He just said this about McCain's words against Trump:

“There is nobody who admires John McCain more, and wants him to be reelected more, than me. But I think you’re hearing a guy who’s worried about whether he can be reelected in Arizona,” Giuliani said in an interview with The Washington Post. “John wouldn’t be saying this if he were running two years from now. He’d just keep his mouth shut.”
Giuliani: ‘Worried’ reelection outlook prompted McCain’s rebuke of Trump
Explain that one.

I understand what you are saying, but he has to win the primary first, against 3 other republicans.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Donald Trump, you're asking Americans to trust you with their future. Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy

Yeah , what he didnt say was " conveniently provided to me by the DNC just before going on stage"
Peace

Donald doesn't like to read, by his own admission, his statements in public would indicate that he has no idea what the COTUS says, let alone understand it.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I'll just leave this here:

globalriskinfo.com...

Awesome letter.

Does it matter whether Mr. Trump has sacrificed “…nothing and no one?”…has Ms. Clinton “..sacrificed” for this nation? How about Mr. Obama? Your comment stating that Mr. Trump “…has sacrifice no one” is alarming. Are you intimating that YOU sacrificed? Sir, your son willingly sacrificed himself. As a father I cannot imagine the pain you must feel but his sacrifice is his own. He was not forced to serve.

I am troubled that you would allow a party that has little more than contempt for the US Service Member to parade you into the DNC to denounce Donald Trump. Did you watch when protesters at the DNC booed and heckled Medal of Honor recipient Capt. Florent Groberg? Did you notice your party interrupting the moment of silence for slain police officers? Your own hypocrisy in not denouncing these acts and instead using the DNC as a platform to make a political point is disgraceful. The simple fact is that whether one served or sacrificed does not give greater power to their statements. One vote is as valuable as another. That sir, is why our Country is great. Your condemnation of one person for a statement while standing idly as your party disparages veterans and police officers is the height of hypocrisy.

Trump's statements were in poor taste, are the Trumpsters so blinded they cannot even admit this. His mouth will be his ultimate downfall. As I said before, he has no filters, I do not want him near the nuclear codes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join