It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Actually I find the parading of top brass at the Democratic convention more disconcerting than the Khan family sideshow.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Sounds like a fantastic speech for any politician.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Actually I find the parading of top brass at the Democratic convention more disconcerting than the Khan family sideshow.

That's because the democrats have created a cabal of military yes men.

That's why the military is now a democrat social experiment. But hey, as long as you're not berating a gold star parent for being a tool it's all good.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That is what I find shameful that people are rejoicing on the bickering debate this the desirable result, what a whole bunch of crap, projectvxn.

We as a country have fallen this low.

I can not talk anymore.

Hillary, Trump and all the piece of dirt politicians have no shame when it comes on politicking the death and shame to the family that allowed this to happen they are not better, the death can not talk but families can be bought.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

VFW slams Trump, Gold Star families demand apology.

At first I thought that the Trump criticism regarding his comments about Mr. Khan were coming from those who already had a pre-existing anti-Trump bias.

But now that the VFW has come out against Trump on this matter, I'm beginning to think that the outrage is real.

Trump seems to be getting blow-back from groups and segments of our population that I think would normally support him.

As if this organization isn't susceptible to political pressure. Powerful folks in Trumps own party at work here if you ask me. Remember that Trump is not a professional politician and isn't leveraged against as it were. Folks have been coming on here for years talking about how the parties are really two heads of the same beast, ect ect. Where are they now?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He's still a hypocrite for standing in front of the same crowd that berated an MOH recipient.

That crowd berated a MOH recipient??? Who? And what did Khan say that is hypocritical?

The man is taking the safe route because he knows he'll be politically protected from his hypocrisy so long as he's playing for the blue team.

Khan is not taking the safe route at all! What he's doing is not safe! I'm concerned for his safety. And this "blue team" stuff is just victim speak.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hillary used him, just like she stood by the caskets of the fallen from Benghazi and lied.

Did they care about the Benghazi mom?
ntknetwork.com...

Khizr Khan was tricked into smearing Donald Trump
thehill.com...

Stop for a moment and ask yourself how exactly the Clinton campaign arrived at the decision to trot out the Khan family in the middle of their highly-choreographed, exhaustively produced convention? Were they just looking to give voice to the parents of a soldier? That would be a first. Did they want parents of anyone who had died abroad in the defense of their country? Gee, why not pick the parents of one of the fallen warriors who died defending the U.S. consulate in Benghazi? Oh, that’s right. They would have called Hillary Clinton a liar. Can’t have that. No. Politicians like Hillary Clinton do not see people like Capt. Humayun Khan as a soldier who made the ultimate sacrifice on a foreign battlefield in defense of his country. Politicians like Hillary Clinton see him only a demographic, a dispensable political pawn to be scooted around an electoral map, the way generals used to move armies across giant maps of the lands they were invading.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And I am NOT a member... BARS are a bad thing for me, and the men I respect are already in touch ,yet live far away.
And of course dead.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Hypocrites, Stormdance that is what the lot are hypocrites, I can not believe that we are even debating the nations death heroes.

Like I say the death can not talk but the families despicably can be bought.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ok but remember it was Hillary and her brain trust that wheeled this guy out to be tooled and to make tools of us all......so how is Trump getting so much heat?

This guy is allowing his sons death to be used, he himself is using it not to promote american patriotism but to project his issues, his religion, his politics and his contempt for certain western ideas about things. He has some moral authority but the moment he allows it to be used as a shield for crap ideas to run cover under he is going to take some opposition.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScriptedSociety

This post pretty much says it all...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Hillary used him///

Khizr Khan was tricked into smearing Donald Trump

Just like Trump used Pat Smith? Was she "tricked" into smearing Hillary?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It was mostly bernout supporters so that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

He's a hypocrite for standing on a stage where a party held a convention of people who have made their careers on exploiting the military. Like Hillary Clinton.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: ScriptedSociety

How many nasty tweets did Hillary aim at that mother? That woman who said Hillary was directly responsible for the death of her son?

Does she even tweet? I'd rather see how many emails she sent about that mother.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yes it does doesn't it?

That says everything I need to know.

And since we now know for a fact that the DNC controls the MSM then it should be no surprise to anyone what is happening here.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

My point is that the comparison between Khan and Pat Smith is totally meaningless!

Pat Smith speaks against Hillary and Hillary DOESN'T attack her.
Khizr Khan speaks against Trump and Trump DOES attack him and his wife and religion on Twitter and in interviews.

Sure the MSM is going to go after Trump. If Hillary HAD attacked Pat Smith, it would be all over the news, too.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! the whole Idea is to demonize those that will bash a death hero family, get it, but they will fail to see the motivation of a family to be used as a political tool because the hero is no the family, the hero is the death son, he can not talk.

This how low politicians will fall in order to pursue their twisted and sick political agendas, even talking about this is giving them the ammunition they need to keep their dirty and twisted game going.

And what are we suppose to do? support this father? support the politicians that are using him and his death son?

See the irony. I feel outraged.

Politicians don't give a darn about who they use for their games.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

a reply to: Nyiah

He may have. But the whole "im a veteran victim" shield is used a lot.

There is so much entitlement in the veteran community. We demand so much just for wearing a uniform when all we are really entitled to is what was put in our contracts with the government and nothing more.

It's selective outrage. No one seemed all that outraged when Chris Kyle and his wife were dragged through the mud. No one seemed to care when liberal rags called snipers cowards on the battlefield.

No one on ATS seems to give a # when veterans like me get called killers and murderers and the like. It's only when it is politically convenient that people give a # about us.

So save the fake outrage. Save it.

Trump was the number one guy using this when it suited him

This was originally his issue

its come back to bite him in the ass real hard

No it hasn't. Please don't be so dramatic just because someone said something to Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And since we now know for a fact that the DNC controls the MSM

Oh, BS! LOL! You play fast and loose with your "facts".

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Grow a thicker skin and don't get on stage if you can't take the heat.

Mr. Khan has rhinoceros skin! Not to mention the balls. He has taken on Trump and is willing to face the consequences. He isn't backing down. He has never indicated that he's special or that he should be shielded from those consequences. He can take the heat. He wears a flame-proof suit with a Constitution in the pocket.

Stage show. With all due respect to his son, dad doesn't even know what he is talking about. Dads going to spend the death equity of his son attacking a guy that only want to make sure that the folks that killed his son stay out of the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join