It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VFW slams Trump over Khan and Gold Star families.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

VFW slams Trump, Gold Star families demand apology.

"Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression," said Brian Duffy, who was elected July 27 to lead the nation's oldest and largest major war veterans organization... consisting of 1.7 million members.

"Giving one's life to nation is the greatest sacrifice, followed closely by all Gold Star families, who have a right to make their voices heard."

At first I thought that the Trump criticism regarding his comments about Mr. Khan were coming from those who already had a pre-existing anti-Trump bias.

But now that the VFW has come out against Trump on this matter, I'm beginning to think that the outrage is real.

Trump seems to be getting blow-back from groups and segments of our population that I think would normally support him.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He shot himself in the foot, then promptly stuffed it in his mouth this time. The jackass has to learn somehow that "no filter" is political suicide.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's another "Slam"

usdefensewatch.com...

Note: on the other foot
edit on 1-8-2016 by manuelram16 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Look I'm a veteran. We aren't special, or better than you, or more deserving. We're not above being questioned when we say or do stupid things and neither are our families.

Did Mr. Kahn forget that on that very same stage stood a MOH recipient who was berated by the crowd?

What does that say? Selective outrage is what it says.

I'm tired of the special treatment as a veteran. We aren't victims and we sure as hell don't need the kid gloves put on. You get up on national stage and talk about the sacrifice of your son and how Trumps policy would keep him out...neglect the fact that Donald Trump didn't kill your son. Other Muslims did.

The VFW is a great organization. But you cannot stand there and talk about how inappropriate it is for Trump to respond to a Gold Star father's misguided verbal assault while giving a pass to the father himself.

Being a veteran or a Gold Star parent does NOT shield you from the consequences of your speech.

Grow a thicker skin and don't get on stage if you can't take the heat.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

edit on 1-8-2016 by ScriptedSociety because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ya know, that's fine and dandy. I'm not a military fan, I don't stuff my nose up asses while prostrating at vets' feet in worship. But there's a line in the sand there that isn't crossed in my book, and that's flat-out disrespect. I expect the same respect given to families of fallen FD & PD to carry over to the military, too. Basic humility and respect in that regard. Trump shat on the concept.
edit on 8/1/2016 by Nyiah because: completely wrong phrase choice, lol

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

What is the big deal my husband is a foreign war veteran and so my father, my father in law, at least they are still alive and well, no so much for other members of my family that died also fighting in foreign nations.

So please this people better do not keep making a big deal of it, because I will retaliate.

How dare them, to be outrage like they account for the majority of war veterans in this nation, that is only those that subscribe to the same party lines.

Get a life, my husband go one a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScriptedSociety

How many nasty tweets did Hillary aim at that mother? That woman who said Hillary was directly responsible for the death of her son?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The raw emotion of losing a loved one in a violent vicious war is one of the worst experiences imaginable for fathers, mothers, wives, siblings, friends, etc.

Trump has really reached the depths of loathsomeness.

These people like all similar people who experience this tragedy will live with these deaths for the rest of their lives

It will be a hard to heal wound festering in their souls

May God heal them!

That’s what Khan was talking bout when he addressed that stupid son of a bitch Trump when he talked about sacrifices

Not building some dam skating ring or Trump towers

That's what Trump doesn't understand

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

He may have. But the whole "im a veteran victim" shield is used a lot.

There is so much entitlement in the veteran community. We demand so much just for wearing a uniform when all we are really entitled to is what was put in our contracts with the government and nothing more.

It's selective outrage. No one seemed all that outraged when Chris Kyle and his wife were dragged through the mud. No one seemed to care when liberal rags called snipers cowards on the battlefield.

No one on ATS seems to give a # when veterans like me get called killers and murderers and the like. It's only when it is politically convenient that people give a # about us.

So save the fake outrage. Save it.

edit on 1 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Mr. Khan has rhinoceros skin! Not to mention the balls. He has taken on Trump and is willing to face the consequences. He isn't backing down. He has never indicated that he's special or that he should be shielded from those consequences. He can take the heat. He wears a flame-proof suit with a Constitution in the pocket.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This new president of the VFW, Brian Duffy, is a registered democrat who just took office July 27, 2016.

What an embarrassment to our veterans.

link   
If you do your research you will find Mr Khan has connections to the Saudi Government,the Muslim brotherhood and the Clinton foundation whilst his son died in an American uniform daddy is no great friend of America THE WORD DISENGENUOUS COMES TO MIND.

+4 more 
link   

Look I'm a veteran. We aren't special, or better than you, or more deserving. We're not above being questioned when we say or do stupid things and neither are our families.

Did Mr. Kahn forget that on that very same stage stood a MOH recipient who was berated by the crowd?

What does that say? Selective outrage is what it says.

I'm tired of the special treatment as a veteran. We aren't victims and we sure as hell don't need the kid gloves put on. You get up on national stage and talk about the sacrifice of your son and how Trumps policy would keep him out...neglect the fact that Donald Trump didn't kill your son. Other Muslims did.

The VFW is a great organization. But you cannot stand there and talk about how inappropriate it is for Trump to respond to a Gold Star father's misguided verbal assault while giving a pass to the father himself.

Being a veteran or a Gold Star parent does NOT shield you from the consequences of your speech.

What a load crap. It is called common decency not to bash on parents who have lost a loved one. While a normal person would have responded with something along the lines of: I appreciate the sacrifices of this family and, I am aware of the Constitution so any law I would enact would be in its framework. I hope I never know the sacrifice they have made for this county. I can only hope to honor that sacrifice by making America great again.

That is what a normal person would do. Not. Trump, he goes after the wife? Why? Because he is a moron. Because he hate the fact the military is held in high regard than he is. That is why he always has little slips about POWs, the military being a disaster for a very long time, the he know as much as anybody in the military etc.

His fragile ego and lack of common sense is a walking disaster. No wonder the Russians want him in, he is the most easy to manipulate guy on the planet. Frankly it is pathetic.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This a political shameful game I don't give two rats arses what political party is playing the game, it should never been done, allowing the death heroes in this country to be parade like trophies by political corruption is despicable, uncalled for and dirty.

That is what it is.

Leave the death heroes alone.

darn

link   
a reply to: ScriptedSociety

hahaha...sick.

This show is just getting better and better. I'm completely off all reality shows...but this one is awesome.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

He's still a hypocrite for standing in front of the same crowd that berated an MOH recipient. It's political convenience. The man is taking the safe route because he knows he'll be politically protected from his hypocrisy so long as he's playing for the blue team.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

John McCain isn't happy either.

John McCain Slams Trump

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) strongly repudiated on Monday Donald Trump's repeated attacks on the family of a Muslim-American solider killed in the line of duty in Iraq.

"I claim no moral superiority over Donald Trump. I have a long and well-known public and private record for which I will have to answer at the Final Judgment," McCain said in the lengthy statement. "I challenge the nominee to set the example for what our country can and should represent."

"It is time for Donald Trump to set the example for our country and the future of the Republican Party," McCain said. "While our party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us."

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am the wife of a veteran, he don't vote,

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

He may have. But the whole "im a veteran victim" shield is used a lot.

There is so much entitlement in the veteran community. We demand so much just for wearing a uniform when all we are really entitled to is what was put in our contracts with the government and nothing more.

It's selective outrage. No one seemed all that outraged when Chris Kyle and his wife were dragged through the mud. No one seemed to care when liberal rags called snipers cowards on the battlefield.

No one on ATS seems to give a # when veterans like me get called killers and murderers and the like. It's only when it is politically convenient that people give a # about us.

So save the fake outrage. Save it.

Trump was the number one guy using this when it suited him

This was originally his issue

its come back to bite him in the ass real hard

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join