It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I quoted the accusation.

I will quote it again.

It's because this place is overrun with shills, trolls and their mind numbed zombie hoards who love nothing more than to try and promote their agenda by approving of each others BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod
I quoted the accusation.

I will quote it again.

It's because this place is overrun with shills, trolls and their mind numbed zombie hoards who love nothing more than to try and promote their agenda by approving of each others BS.

So. What makes you think that applies to you???

Did you star his post??? Because I wouldn't know if you did or not. I'm not trying to point that comment at anyone specifically. Believe me, if I thought that it applied to you or wanted to label you as such, I'd just say it with your name included. I wouldn't care about being subtle about it or hide my intentions.

Nothing I said there applied to you personally. I've never even talked to you other than now. I'm just trying to get you to show me the emails you're talking about and that's it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TomLawless
Wow. That's over the top nasty.

Not sure if you're even someone capable of polite discussion, but I'll try to address your "point" anyway.

Is this meant for me??? LOL I get that sometimes. Sorry if I offended you with my bluntness. I don't always mix words well.

My point is that your post is generalizing people in to two different groups. Gun Loving Christians and Boot Licking State Loving Fascists. So ya, I'm pretty sure most of us would choose the first one over the other.

We all have our personal experiences as well to guide us but again, you refer to one group as friends and not the other, so it's an easy choice and hardly noteworthy.

Plus, like I said. Those two groups don't make up a valid way to classify everyone into. Not everyone fits one of those groups. Not even close.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about all Christians either. Or the Religion even. I've known some good ones and some bad ones. Everyone is an individual. I know Atheists as well that are just as moral and honest as any Christian too. Same rule applies. Someone's Religion is not a reliable way to know who they are and might even be a totally misleading way to find out.

This is the first time I've crossed paths with you, so forgive me for being taken aback.

With all due respect, it seems you're over simplifying my point.

I'm not sure if I can find a way to give you a quick and dirty summation, but I'll try:

There is a large segment of the Neo Leftist movement that loathe Christianity and it's followers and feel they should be suppressed and marginalized. If I were in a position in which I had to choose between only two groups for a better chance at survival: Group A: Gun toting Christians, or group B: a roaming tribe of Authoritarian Leftists, I'd choose group A.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I said before...

And before you pull the accusation like you have done in the above, check my posts. I have no love for Hillary or Trump.

Again I won't be baited into violating the T&C.

The email STRING is easily found.

I'm done with ya.

Have a good one.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

So don't post it then. I already said private message me the link if you want. You won't get in trouble for that.

But like I said. I searched the wikileaks for that string and only got that email and references/replies to it.

I searched for LaQueenia like you asked too and got 19 results. Which is what you asked.

I get the feeling you're done with me because you can't provide what you claim. But that isn't my fault. You're now the one making accusations.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

Well, ya. Once again I think most would probably agree with you too.

The Neo-Liberal group in society I don't think is that big so I think you're fairly safe from that anyway.

But to keep things fair, there is also a large portion of the Christian Right that is the cause of much pain for others in society as well.

This group too is not the majority I don't think but they are a powerful force and lobby within policy making and have quite a lot of donated money to spend in their pursuit of making people miserable sometimes. I'd say they are comparable with the NeoLiberal groups in their misguided attempts at what they think is how everyone should be. I disagree with both of them and think they both need to ease up a bit.

The Neo-Libs need to stop calling everyone a racist for every little thing they say and the Radical Xtians need to stop pointing their fingers at everyone and banishing them to Hell for not following with what they say.

But this is starting to roam a bit off course here now.

So let's just forge ahead instead of recycling about this one comment, what you say??

Like I said, no offense intended, it's just my horrible personality that I have. Just let me know when I cross the line.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TheBulk

No because fearing and hating white people/Christians is progressive and "multicultural".

What an utterly stupid and ignorant thing to say.....

This very thread is fear mongering about white people and Christians.

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Grambler

There is a slight difference to be focused upon here. Obama, a gentleman of the African American persuasion

No actually he's mixed. Half white, half black.

Yes, he's a mulatto. A seldom used word for some reason.

Stupid article is stupid.

WHy stupid?

Because the majority is bucking for a Darwin Award.

Christianity is a faith, it transcends color and borders.

As for morality, I'll side with God instead of anyone else.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I drove through Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas yesterday.....for 400 miles, there was no "intelligent" radio.
So sad.

No Dr. Laura?

You can listen to cattle news, that's intelligent stuff. Farm reports too. Price of corn is fascinating.

I'm pretty sure Alan Colmes is not that popular out that way.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's not a fact at all.

I know plenty of Christians who heavily question the bible, what science has shown and constantly re-work their views on who and what God even is. Some think he's actually a dude up there listening to their every thoughts. Others think "God" is more likely to be a force/energy the human brain can't contemplate which created this universe. I even know a few Christians who think we're essentially in a video game, a virtual reality, a program. And there could be one creator of that or numerous.

Then there's others who are more by the book.

Then there's a few more who are literal believers of the bible, I call them nutters, and they're extremists.

I'd also say any chump Christian attempting to tell others whether they're true Christians or not is anti-Christian. We've all sinned. We all will commit future sins. We all differ in how apologetic we are about committing various sins. That's life.
edit on 27-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It's been an EXCITING few weeks. Indeed.

Interesting article, MANY white Christian people will react with VIOLENT denial.

There are not many GOOD things about Trump. About the only good thing I can SEE??

Racist people are now more openly racist AND revealing themselves. I see it and HEAR it more and more. The big secret...the thing NONE of these people in the article will actually come out and say? "The world will be right once a white MAN is back in the White House".

I believe MANY feel this way. Hillary is a woman, that is NOT good enough. The people this article talks about need a white MAN. Trump is the only option for these people.

It is what it is. There is a lot of FEAR over the nonsense of cultural identity loss. It is only lost if you LET it die. No one can FORCE you from eating cultural foods, dressing in lederhosen or learning bagpipes.

Its fear of loss of CONTROL that is the issue for the people in the article. Yes...control.
edit on 27-7-2016 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
ITS just a small issue compared to the new COLD WAR you happen to be COMPLETELY oblivious of,or capable of understanding.
It is A GLARING problem how HORRIBLY this foreign policy has been SO SCREWED up, the military is a friggin SOCIAL experiment now.
HE'S practically GUTTED it with his manipulations to become almost IMPOTENT .
So much so China and Russia felt the NEED to try.
HILLARY backs that crap and wants the Reich-DNC to come to power after she disarms us(From the Emails)
I don't think my Christianity or MANHOOD would be affected much by such a lesser being spritually,I trust GOD to handle it,FOR ME.
It s worked in this ELECTION incredibly well.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Anyone look into the site the OP got that from?

AlterNet, this is from their About Us page.

AlterNet's Mission

AlterNet is an award-winning news magazine and online community that creates original journalism and amplifies the best of hundreds of other independent media sources. AlterNet’s aim is to inspire action and advocacy on the environment, human rights and civil liberties, social justice, media, health care issues, and more. Since its inception in 1998, AlterNet.org has grown dramatically to keep pace with the public demand for independent news. We provide free online content to millions of readers, serving as a reliable filter, keeping our vast audience well-informed and engaged, helping them to navigate a culture of information overload and providing an alternative to the commercial media onslaught. Our aim is to stimulate, inform, and instigate.

STRATEGIC JOURNALISM

AlterNet has developed a unique model of journalism to confront the failures of corporate media, as well as the vitriol and disinformation of right wing media, especially “hate talk” media. Not only do we keep our readers highly informed on a wide array of topics, from hundreds of experts and sources, but we also provide laser focus on the most compelling issues of the day. We offer our readers comprehensive information, a positive vision for the future, and concrete action steps towards change. AlterNet believes that media must have a higher purpose beyond the essential goal of keeping people informed. We insist on playing an active role in helping our community funnel its energy into change.

So, BS is BS.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's not a fact at all.

I know plenty of Christians who heavily question the bible, what science has shown and constantly re-work their views on who and what God even is. Some think he's actually a dude up there listening to their every thoughts. Others think "God" is more likely to be a force/energy the human brain can't contemplate which created this universe. I even know a few Christians who think we're essentially in a video game, a virtual reality, a program. And there could be one creator of that or numerous.

Then there's others who are more by the book.

Then there's a few more who are literal believers of the bible, I call them nutters, and they're extremists.

I'd also say any chump Christian attempting to tell others whether they're true Christians or not is anti-Christian. We've all sinned. We all will commit future sins. We all differ in how apologetic we are about committing various sins. That's life.

How can they sin if they don't believe in God?

It's just a "my bad" to them and point to someone else who "my badded" too.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So you're saying that you're pro Right Wing Propaganda???

Anything other than Pro Right Wing Propaganda is BS???

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: burgerbuddy

So you're saying that you're pro Right Wing Propaganda???

Anything other than Pro Right Wing Propaganda is BS???

Straw man? lol. or logical fallacy?

Hey, the site admits creating stuff out of thin air. not me. lol.

They also admit to an agenda.

So do YOU believe that crap site or not?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Hey, the site admits creating stuff out of thin air. not me. lol.

Really?? Where do they say that??

They also admit to an agenda.

So do YOU believe that crap site or not?

Yeah. Everyone has an agenda. They say theirs is to deliver the truth to counter the propaganda that is out there already.

I don't believe anyone just because they tell me they're telling me the truth. But I certainly don't NOT believe them either.

I usually listen to what they tell me is the truth and then I go figure out for myself whether they were being honest about it or not. After multiple times of them actually telling me the truth, then I assume the pattern will continue but still verify it now and then to be safe.

If what they tell me ends up being BS then I assume that pattern will continue and stop listening to them.

What method do you use??

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
People are sick and tired of political correctness. The fact that you call a fat woman "fat" can make you lose your job rightly upsets people. Trump wants us to act like adults, not children in a day care being told how to act. And I certainly hope we're all adult enough to treat each other with respect.

People are sick and tired of hearing everything is the fault of whites. Guess what? People of various backgrounds have been warring, stealing land, killing others, cheating others without the help of the white man. Blacks were oppressed? Well guess what? Whites were too! (In fact, take a look at the demographics of the modern slave trade...) Trump stands for each individual regardless of race. If you suck at being human, that's on you. Don't blame others for your own short comings.

People are sick and tired of politicians, Trump isn't a politician. He is a business man. He's all about making things run, something we as Americans desperately need.

Trump is no more to whites as what Obama was / is to blacks. Trump is simply a no-nonsense person who many believe in.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What I can't understand is how any "Devout/Real" Christians can vote for Hillary Clinton when she is:

1. Not against Mothers murdering their unborn children. (i.e. Pro-abortion)

and

2. Directly responsible for the deaths of Americans overseas, and possibly, here at home.

Blows me away how some Christians ignore their religion's most sacred beliefs, when it's time to vote for someone who will shape our nation for at least 4 years.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There's definitely a certain contingent of those who identify as Christian (though this is true of many groups) whose views I don't agree with. And I do think said contingent may play some role in Trump's present ascendancy.

Though personally, I fear a far greater factor is the emergent ubiquity of what I call the "culture of misanthropy-as-both-good-and-as-entertainment." The might makes right, my way or the highway, binary, all or nothing themes I see dominating every discussion on the internet, which always rapidly escalate to ad hominem attacks and a veritable glee in inflicting insult and injury, and which increasingly I also see in our nation's high level political discourse day in and day out. It's as if what was once confined to the internet, as a bastion of anonymity and consequence-free venting, has spilled over into "real life" as it were.

It's not limited to Trump, or conservatives, though at the moment Trump is in my opinion the most prominent and galvanized manifestation of it. And that, along with many of his espoused views (and oscillations between said views and others) is why I will not vote for him. I also however, by the same token, albeit for different reasons - some slightly different, some vastly different - will not vote for Clinton.

I hesitated to say what follows and wrote and deleted it several times before deciding to. Because of my social anxiety, and the way I know many feel - quite justifiably in many cases, I fully concede - about those of religious faith, I am quite afraid to admit what follows, especially in contrast to my previously expressed beliefs on ATS. But I feel I need to be brave enough to say it, so I will. Especially since I'm someone who does acknowledge the existence of intersectionality, privilege, etc. and feels they do matter. So, I'll just say it.

For decades I was a borderline atheist, and definitely a skeptical agnostic. I described myself as "an agnostic desperately longing for gnosis." I respected all faiths and vigorously defended - in my limited capacity at least - everyone's right to them. But privately, I felt that many of religious persuasion were to some degree deluded and even dangerous in some cases. And perhaps that's still true, I don't know.

Through a series of events I don't want to go into though, a funny thing happened to me in the last month or two. I found myself... believing in Jesus Christ. Strange how that can happen, eh? :| So as a fairly recently minted 'white Christian,' for whatever little it may be worth... I will never vote for Trump. Or for Hillary Clinton. And I do not feel 'persecuted' for my faith by this article, and I do not feel you include people like me in the concerns raised by it... but I still felt the need to say that. And I wish everyone, no matter what their views or who they are voting for, nothing but what I always end my posts with.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I drove through Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas yesterday.....for 400 miles, there was no "intelligent" radio.
So sad.

No, what's TRULY sad is that you think intelligence is based on YOUR beliefs.

You sound exactly like those you intended to vilify.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join