It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Too bad mental gymnastics isn't an event in the upcoming Olympics.

Some of the leftest supporters in this thread would have a real shot at the gold.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

"Christian America feels threatened to the core as their numbers, morality, fealty to authority, and privilege is ebbing and being replaced by a majority that’s more pluralistic, multicultural, tolerant"

I got to tolerant and started laughing, followed by spitting out my tea. What part of tolerant do you find in say, liberals, sjw's, blm or Muslims? Just asking, because if tolerant is one of those words that has been redefined as intolerant, I didn't get the memo.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Friend, I have visited other countries for all of my adult life. My daughter lives in Denver now - I lived in Breckenridge for four years. So, if it's okay with you, I'll travel where I want to go, when I like, and do it for whatever reasons I am doing it.

The article in the OP is about White Evangelical Christians (and for the record, I do NOT think they are well educated). White Anglo-Saxon Protestants, the mainline protestants, like Episcopal/Church of England, Presbyterian, Lutheran, and so forth - the ORIGINAL protesters of the Roman Catholic ruling elite are well educated. And most of them realize that religion is (for them) about social connections.

I and the author of the article/book are talking about POORLY educated, insular white groups who have no exposure to anything else except what they were indoctrinated into. Education is what FREES people from the chains of indoctrination. Malala wasn't shot in the head by educated, open-minded people. She was shot in the head by uneducated zealots.

As for the rest of you - knee-jerking insults and trying to denigrate me (as the OP - I didn't write the article) for pointing it out is so very typical. This place has become overrun with Evangelicals who either persecute or claim persecution by everyone else.

Guess what? You're a dying breed. Your club is becoming irrelevant. Trump played you all like a fiddle.

You're all just scared to death that your way of life is being threatened......I don't blame you for being scared. I do, however, blame you for attacking anyone who points it out. Deal with it gracefully.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Race bait? No....hardly. I was driving from Denver to Kansas City. White people.
Farmers.
It is what it is.

If you think I am being prejudiced or discriminatory, I encourage you to make the drive yourself.....live the experience for your own spiritual growth.

Just to point out.....most of those white Jesus lovin' Farmers is what keeps, well pretty much half the planet from starving.

I mean if you are going to generalize, let's at least get SOME facts straight. I mean marginalize the "white farmers" into oblivian, and well, alot of people starve.

I'll let you look up the grain production numbers for the US Great Plains.

edit on 27-7-2016 by SrWingCommander because: quote coding

edit on 27-7-2016 by SrWingCommander because: quote coding

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

Do you think I am unaware that this is the breadbasket of the world?

I was born in Chicago, and raised in EASTERN Kansas (the educated, liberal part). I have relatives in Iowa, Nebraska, Texas...I know all about farming and ranching. Thanks, though. I didn't say I don't want any farmers around...that's absurd. I have no problem with their livelihood. It's the pervasive Bible-thumping and indoctrination that comes with it in this region that bothers me.

People in college towns have an advantage. Libraries help, too.

edit on 7/27/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

No because fearing and hating white people/Christians is progressive and "multicultural".

What an utterly stupid and ignorant thing to say.....

Says the guy who closes his opening statement with "If anyone wants to discuss it intellectually, I'm open."

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's going to come down to Americans for Trump I know people at work black or white have no use for sloths black or white.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I saw no male oppression in Bulk's statement. I hope your husband/dad/brother don't support the female pandering feminist Clinton.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey, you know how you Trump fans, girls and guys alike, always accuse us "liberals" of going by feelings instead of FACTS? Of not speaking about real life?

You are wrong. It might feel like your world is a mess - but the FACTS do not back those feelings up. People. You are not paying attention (or have no access) to what is true. Your "feelings" are driving you all - right off a cliff. Voting against your own interests.

so Moon-Moon of you

Watch this:

See how you guys are? See?!!!
Newt Gingrich tells Dana Bash to her face, "Well, I'm gonna go with how it feels, and you can go with the theoreticists (sic) [read: facts and figures]."

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Okay, FIRST of all, the OP is a new thread based on a post I had made in a different thread. I brought that post here and started a conversation about it.

SECOND of all, I am a woman.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thats an awfully biased source to start a rant on

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just, before everybody leaves...I want to sum up this thread by adding a little to the story I've already told.

Yes, I drove across all of Kansas and half of Colorado - all the way from the Missouri river to the Mountains. While I was there, I visited Breckenridge and Summit County (where I lived for four years). I also went with my daughter up to Rocky Mountain National Park, via Estes Park, and hiked a seven-mile loop trail at from a trailhead around 10,000 feet. It was called "A Waterfall and Three Lakes" online.

On that hike, we gained 1233 feet in elevation - in four miles. That is like going up a flight of stairs that is miles long. With a few 'landings' along the way.

We were not alone on this, one of the most famous hikes in the world - nono. Hundreds of people were in the area (we took a trail less traveled and more rigorous and longer). Everyone was smiling, polite, the shuttles were full, there were newborns to old folks with canes, and there were overweight women in flipflops, and there were foreigners speaking all sorts of foreign languages (Russian, Czech, Indonesian, Japanese, French). We were all just there - sitting next to the lake in the high mountains.

Getting along.
America is not "broken". Stop ripping off the bandaids....you'll make a permanent scar and delay healing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yes, and.....???? That's not allowed here?

If it was Infowars would you say the same thing? (Because that's the only thing on the radio on the high plains through which I traveled. Infowars. And the Rush Limbaugh show.) (Oh and Bryan Fischer, evangelical preacher show like Pat Robertson)

Facts. I am presenting facts. Lived and known facts.
It's you lot that don't know what you're talking about. And it's because you don't have access to facts.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh, and another thing, while I'm debriefing myself and processing the whole trip....our Governor is Sam Brownback.

When I said that thing about "America is not broken"???? Yeah, Kansas is broken, actually.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I am not "claiming" anything, dude. Sheesh you all are so "EffYou!" in your responses.....

I am posting a link that explains to some people what is going on.....

you have a problem with that,......why??????

Let me explain what is really going on, Western civilisation is under attack by the poisonous ideology of cultural Marxism. This is a fact and the dilution and assimilation of white people in Western countries is a strategy to undermine nation states as these are seen as obsolete by the globalist elite. Zbigniew Brzeziński wrote about this in the early 70's, liberals are simply being used in this endeavour having been brainwashed to see everything that is familiar and traditional as oppressive by Marxist professors backed up by a network of transnational elite that has the stated goal of achieving World government by any means necessary.

It would be naive to think that this is an utopian vision, their historical record speaks for itself: these people want total control.

What we are seeing is a sustained attack on white heterosexual men as these are seen as the people holding power in society. This of course ignores the billionaires and their think tanks and foundations, the people that actually do hold power. This latest batch of liberals do not truly challenge the establishment in any meaningful way. They never speak of the actual power brokers, instead they attack the clueless average Joe. Which of course is a recipe for further division and in this they are playing into the hands of the true controllers. These people are tools, not champions of social justice.

Equality in this agenda means purposely devaluing the West to bring it into line with the rest of the World. It means creating problems so they can then offer their oh so convenient solutions.

This rhetoric of diversity, tolerance and inclusion is just that, shallow rhetoric.. Only people that have no clue what is going on in the World would ever buy such mindless pandering. If you're naive enough to believe in these things I have a bridge to sell you. The thought process doesn't seem to go further than "Let's be nice to people.. I want to be nice to people." It's essentially an ideology for grown up children that takes everything they hear at face value. I love how these people are supposedly raging against the system yet every opinion that they hold is in actuality a reflection of the type of opinions that most official institutions in the West actively promotes. This is in essence the very definition of brainwashing, and the cognitive dissonance involved in their pseudo-rebellious beliefs and their matter of fact lockstep compliance with authority is pure Orwellian doublethink.

So excuse me if I try to look beyond the curtain instead of believing in these naive mantras of grown up children.
Grow up!

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod
No. You are wrong.
I'm grown. Catch up.

In order to do that, watch the video. (It includes footage of Newt Gingrich SAYING HE IS GOING ON FEELINGS instead of facts. And it includes facts! Graphs and stuff!) Do your homework before coming back to class.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

A- If that is truly your reason for traveling, awesome and forgive my allegation.

B- You, not I called a drive through mostly abandoned farmland a spiritual growth. As for traveling I really only have one question. How many NON western countries have you visited? Because you talk like a white liberal from NY that has been to France, Mexico and Canadian and thinks they are cultured.

C- I am not a WASP nor a Christian. My religion is so small and marginalized that Christian's in Iran have more public exposure and rights than mine does.

D- I agree that undereducation and indoctrination are a HUGE problem. That said it is problem from the inner city to the rural farm, black, white, purple, green and brown. Isolating one group and screaming Trump makes you look like a race baiting, anti-Trumper. FYI I am not a Trumper.

talking about POORLY educated, insular white groups who have no exposure to anything else except what they were indoctrinated into

I mean take your statement above for example. Simply replace insular white groups with insular inner city black groups and the same still holds true.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It was spiritual growth in that I was getting a glimpse of where I might have been stuck, had I been born and lived there my entire life. It was reinforcing to me.

I was brought up as an Episcopal WASP. I am no longer a Christian, and fell away from church 40 years ago. If anything, I'm a Deist with Buddhist leanings. (So was Jesus, by the way).
I am educated (advanced degree). I have a passport, I've been overseas and abroad. To drive through that country made my soul feel particularly alive and happy that I was not stuck there.

And no, this was not "mostly abandoned" farmland. It was crops. Giant irrigation rigs, millions of acres of pasture. Not abandoned. There were some farm relics like brick silos and ghost-farms, but the fields were worked.

P.S. I was born in Chicago (Waukegan). Lived in Lake County (adjacent to Cook County) for the first five years of my life.
We visited Chicago often. I have never lived on a farm.** One grandparent did. The others were college educated, and she was a civil servant of some sort, back during WW2. All but one of them were first generation Americans. German, Scots, Irish, English, Polish/Volhynian, Finnish.The other was the offspring of Quaker Pilgrims and displaced people due to the Scottish Clearances and Irish Potato Famine Catholics.

**I did, however, own a small horse ranch and earned money teaching riding and handling, and working as a stable girl when my kids were really small. I bred horses, imprinted, trained, and taught them trail riding. We also had chickens, cats and dogs, parakeets, doves, reptiles, and 2.5 acres of pasture. That's how I raised my kids.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join