It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thread creator sounds racist, bigoted, and xenophobic.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Fact:

It is necessary to believe that God is the creator of the universe, and that his son is Jesus Christ, who gave his life to wash away our sins, and rose again, that we might enter heaven and be saved souls, rather than damned by our sins.

That is all one must believe in order to be a Christian. The scriptures are all useful, and the Bible is something that one ought to read to get a better grip on who Christ was, the radical antics he got up to with the fish and the loaves, and of course, that time he wrecked a temple and kicked everyone out because people were using the house of God as a trading floor... These are things people need to read to get a better grip on what it means to be a Christian, and follow his teachings. Also his many sayings about loving ones fellow human beings, looking after folk, not shunning the unpopular...

To be frank, I am a Christian, but I also believe that God measures time differently to the way humans do, which would be logical, given His staggering age.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This latino has gotten to the point where I want Trump to win just to watch your liberal heads explode.

Tired of your fake race baiting BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This latino has gotten to the point where I want Trump to win just to watch your liberal heads explode.

Tired of your fake race baiting BS.

This is what is really disturbing IMO. This is what we have lowered ourselves to at this point. Electing the Leader of the Country because they'll make an effective political/social weapon against other Americans.

Hillary supporters voting her, regardless of her massive problems, simply to beat out Trump.
Trump supporters voting him, regardless of his massive problems, simply to beat out Hillary.

Literally electing one of two monsters based not on their qualifications or ability or character as being honest or having integrity and fighting for what's right, but based on squashing our supposed enemies on the other side of the isle.

Everyone making a deal with the devil because they hope it will bring them a victory over their own brothers and sisters and countrymen and women.

Sad, humiliating and shameful Americas!!
edit on 26-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The emails proved that the DNC was in collusion with the media. And not just places like huffpo and MediaMatters either. I'm talking Reuters, AP, CNN, NBC, CBS.

All of them to control the narrative on Trump to the point where they muddied the waters for anyone seeking information on their candidate.

The you see the same media putting on a show for Hillary Clinton.

I'm tired of it. I'm tired of my race being used by Democrat race hustlers just to damage a political opponent. That to me is far more egregious.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Let's put it this way: My reasons for voting for Trump have nothing to do with my faith. So if he was pandering to Christians, it was not what will be the straw that sways me.

I would have to say opinions like the ones expressed in the OP do more to convince me than anything anyone in the Republican could ever say or do.

People often wonder how people can vote for Republicans when it's so clearly against their own best interest, but I do have a sense of self-preservation when it comes to this and one side clearly doesn't want me while the other doesn't like me but at least doesn't often openly display naked Christophobia among its adherents.

You tell me what's against my best interests. They say Republicans are the party of fear, but the Democrats and their followers have done plenty all on their own to scare me away.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

NO that's ME he's just blunt.
I cuss WAY more...MOSTLY because of how wrong others obviously are, in my impression ,to the point of insulting my logic, passionately and repeatedly without correction.
edit on 26-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wait, wait, wait ... now you're saying that anyone who decides to vote for Trump is no true Christian. That's verging into no true Scotsman territory.

Basically, you are disbarring Christians from voting for the most part because there really haven't been very many, if any, Christian presidents since ... I don't know when. Not anymore Christian than any of the rest of us and of course, we aren't Christian according to Mystic.

I'm not voting for Trump's Christianity such as it isn't. I'm voting for him if I do because I perceive Hillary to be a far worse option ... or are you going to be able to convince me that Gary Johnson is the perfect Christian angel?

Somehow, I doubt it which gets back to you making an argument that Christians just shouldn't vote period or else they are no True Scotsmen.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You have every right to be pissed and feel betrayed by the left. I mean, they betrayed everyone, plain and simple. I'm not arguing that.

However, the Right did the same with Trump. That's why they're all still divided about him too. The one's who have fallen in line are being promised their hearts desires or just want to make sure the Dems lose. Think about it. If the Dems lose they'll have full majority to do anything they want. Anything. They're all saying, "Look, just get Trump in and we can do whatever we want with no problem." Trump is saying, "Look, just get me in there and you'll all get what you want. But you have to get me in there."

So it's good you feel betrayed by the left. They betrayed you. But do you honestly think once elected a full majority Republican Gov. lead by Trump who's been "Making Deals" with everyone is going to work for you???

I'm not saying you should vote Hillary. I'm not saying who you should vote for at all. I just want people to wake up to what the hell they are about to do and to look honestly at the two horrible beasts, one of which they'll be putting in the Leadership role of this nation.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Tardacus
The democrat party has nothing to offer white christians so why would it be surprising that white christians don`t vote democrat?

Aye but there's the rub, why would they vote Republican either? Besides better rhetoric and sound bytes that appeal to white Christians, the Republicans don't offer anything either.

Because the Republicans do not vilify Christianity, call them stupid white hicks, backwards, morally corrupt, racist, homophobic, and other names that the left uses with impunity. When you get called a continuous stream of names and invective by some group it's kind of natural to stop liking that group. The Republicans are generally neutral. It's not that they buy off on the Christian world view. Many of them believe it is as stupid as the leftists do, but the difference is that the Republicans have more respect than to call Christians a bunch of names and the dems and left wing go out of their way to attack them.

That's why.

But your stereotyping. I'm independent. Have some left leaning views, obviously, but have some strong right wing views also. I have lot's of hard left democrats as my friends, and except for the hardcore militant atheists, none of them make fun of Christians.

I think the issue here is that by voting for Republicans who want bigger government -Reagan and Bush Jr, -or raise taxes Bush Sr or take away our freedoms, just google republicans that support the Patriot Act or vote for homeland security funding...You have it backwards.

Just because someone says their a Christian doesn't mean they are or have your best interest at heart. Republicans (in congress and president) only care about big corporations and money. The problem is that Democrats are generally as bad as Republicans. But don't let the Rhetoric and sound bytes fool you. Republicans don't have your best interest at heart unless your one of the Koch Brothers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually, I'm not surprised that you are on his side regardless of him lying about being a christian.

This is going to sound mean but I don't know how else to say it exactly. But the idea that someone who falsely claims to be a christian but makes promises to do what you want I think is just fine with you.

I think the idea that Trump will stop Abortion, Empower the Christian Church Authority, Promote Christianity across the Nation, Encourage a Patriarchy Mentality, Give Churches more power in Politics and Education, Make everyone say Merry Christmas, Allow Religion in Public Schools, etc. probably all sounds so wonderful to you that you don't care who it is that is promising you those things. As long as you think you'll get them, you don't care if they're lying to your face about having the same principles as you or not.

For your sake, I hope you get them. Personally I wouldn't trust a damn thing he said. But that's your choice. At the same time I think we already have too much of most of those things listed above and I sure as hell don't want more of it forced on me or others by Government decree. But I know you and I see things differently and you most likely love the idea.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
However, the Right did the same with Trump. That's why they're all still divided about him too.

What are you talking about? Trump just received the largest number of votes in GOP primary history... while embroiled in a tight race to the end. The only individual who got cat calls and boos at the RNC was Ted Cruz and he got them for trying to seed discord and divisiveness. Is every Republican happy that Trump is the nominee? Of course not, but that can be said about every nomination process since the US first started holding party conventions.

So it's good you feel betrayed by the left. They betrayed you. But do you honestly think once elected a full majority Republican Gov. lead by Trump who's been "Making Deals" with everyone is going to work for you???

Boy, I sure do. That scenario would be fantastic for the average American's enumerated rights, wallets, and psyche.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Isnt it so interesting how different left wingers talk about Christians and Muslims?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Wait, wait, wait ... now you're saying that anyone who decides to vote for Trump is no true Christian. That's verging into no true Scotsman territory.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying that we all know full well he's not a Christian. Any Christian who's making excuses for him and trying to wiggle around his obvious deception in that area is full of crap too, right along with him.

Now, there is a lot I could also say about that too but I'm not going to.

I'm not saying anyone is not a True Christian other than Trump. Anyone who can't admit that is lying to themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't feel betrayed. I feel vindicated. Those racist democrats refer to me as a taco bowl. Because, you know, we're all taco eating morons.

I've been saying this for a long time and now it's out in the open.

I tend to go where the evidence takes me. I diverge with my conservative friends on climate change. I diverge with everyone on GMOs and vaccine safety. I'm fervently pro science because it goes where the evidence goes.

Those emails revealed what has been concerted media manipulation to drive the narrative on Trump.

I'd put sanders in there too but he seems to be ok with endorsing Clinton and going home to Vermont with 200 million bucks.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Who in the hell thinks Trump will stop abortion? Dude, we played this game 16 years ago... majority House, Senate, and evangelical POTUS. Did abortions in the US stop? Were they even slowed? Did anything really change on the abortion front in the United States? THAT was with a POTUS who ran on a platform of stopping abortion and he not only didn't do it, he really didn't even try. To date, I've not heard Trump make any statements about stopping abortions. If anything he's been a socially progressive candidate, or at least what passed for socially progressive before the country lost its mind and social progress took a detour down "anything goes" lane.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

What do you mean what am I talking about. It's not secret the Republican Party is divided badly because of Trump. That's why they keep pushing the message of Unity and all that. Trump caused a huge wedge within the party. He may have got a lot of votes but that's not what I'm talking about. Major Players in the Republican party including other candidates wouldn't even show up to the Convention. That's why they're trying to get everyone to fall in line now which is why Cruz made such a profound mess of things by showing his lack of loyalty to tow the party line like that.

Well, I sure hope whatever you think will happen works out the way you think it will for your sake. Although I don't know what you think will happen or what you want to happen either. However, in either case I don't think it's going to be anything good. But if he gets in there I hope to god I'm wrong about that too. Believe me, if he's elected, there isn't anyone in the world who wants me to be wrong more than me on this.

If it happens and Trump ends up being amazing I'll congratulate all of you on your great job in electing him and admit how wrong I was about everything. But I don't think that's gonna happen. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Who's calling people Taco Bowls??? I've never heard that.

Why do you think Dems refer to you as Taco eating morons??? Did I miss something here???

Sanders just doesn't want to see Trump in there. That's a whole other subject and one that pisses me off for many reasons as well. I understand why he's doing what he's doing but I don't like it and think he should have done it differently. But I guess he thinks winning over Trump is most important. He's also trying to change Hillary's Platform from the inside which is good if she'll stick to it. But I guess there's not much you can do when you get stabbed in the back like that. But ya, it sucks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Who in the hell thinks Trump will stop abortion? Dude, we played this game 16 years ago... majority House, Senate, and evangelical POTUS. Did abortions in the US stop? Were they even slowed? Did anything really change on the abortion front in the United States? THAT was with a POTUS who ran on a platform of stopping abortion and he not only didn't do it, he really didn't even try. To date, I've not heard Trump make any statements about stopping abortions. If anything he's been a socially progressive candidate, or at least what passed for socially progressive before the country lost its mind and social progress took a detour down "anything goes" lane.

If you check out his website, abortion isn't even listed as an issue on his platform. The establishment Republican Party platform may have something to say about pro-life, but Donald's personal platform does not include it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You need to read the DNC email dump.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join