It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hey BuzzyWigs

If anyone wants to discuss it intellectually, I'm open

I think you nailed it with the last quote in your OP. It's all about the hierarchy of authority.
I had that chunk of the article copied to the clipboard then noticed you'd already posted it.

What the heck, here it is again:

Lakoff said, “If you look at the details of what that worldview is, it has a moral hierarchy of God above man, man above nature, the rich above the poor, employers above employees, adults above children, western culture above non-western culture, us above everybody else, men above women, whites above non-whites, Christians above non-Christians, etc. That’s part of their moral hierarchy and it follows from one principle: their authority is what’s important, and authority is based on what’s right, and authority must maintain authority, it cannot allow any dissent, period. It’s like a strict father family… It applies to every aspect of life, every issue, and it has to do with the main thing that they want, which is to have their worldview win. It’s win, win, win.”

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I think you left out the part where he attracts the most high school educated supporters and below

The majority of America, other than the unemployed uneducated welfare dependent democratic voters, are middle class workers who started their career with little to no college and suffer the most from taxes that pay for healthcare, welfare, etc for the dependent bloc. Of course they're all supporting Trump. He's the common sense candidate.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Do not presume I agree with any of the republicans in charge either, they are also puppets.

And merely saying I'm wrong doesn't actually make me wrong. But I understand that most people are too hopelessly comfortable with their chosen worldview to actually challenge it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Did you watch the video?
If not, and you persist with your false ideas, you are part of the problem. Watch it. Come back and critique it. I am not making this up. It is real.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: thesungod

Race bait? No....hardly. I was driving from Denver to Kansas City. White people.
Farmers.
It is what it is.

If you think I am being prejudiced or discriminatory, I encourage you to make the drive yourself.....live the experience for your own spiritual growth.

And virtually no crime. It is what it is isn't it.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So what? I don't support mainstream republicans at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Christianity and Conservative attitudes to these matters are normally opposed to one another.

But that is the difference between faith and indoctrination. Those who love Jesus to the exclusion of all else, generally accept that he was a lefty rebel, not a raging right wing maniac with corporate interests.

You Brits have known Jesus longer than us Americans have, so, yeah, we haven't seen all the memos yet. Maybe when we're a little older.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What does any of my response have to do with you making a new thread based on a post you made in a different thread? By the posts I've seen from you, you didn't start a conversation, you started an argument and you think that you're intellectually superior to anyone who sees things differently.

Yeah, ten forty on being a girl. Didn't know calling you a dude on an anonymous forum would knock the two axis in your world off balance.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So are you claiming there is something wrong with this? If so, do you think there was something wrong for the record percentage of black people that voted for Obama?

its so funny to me that the bigot christians see nothing wrong with this and feel so threatened.

its "textbook" (stealing that from Paul Ryan, I like it) bigot when the "christians" feel threatened bc not everyone around them thinks just like them, follows their bigot laws. Jesus would be ashamed but the Devil im sure is tickled pink.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

By the posts I've seen from you, you didn't start a conversation, you started an argument and you think that you're intellectually superior to anyone who sees things differently.

She doesn't think shes "intellectually superior" bc you see things differently, she is intellectually superior bc you are a bigot with a small mind, with a small mind, you are...small. And I doubt buzzy used the words "intellectually superior"
I don't expect you to understand.
edit on 27-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Looks like you're trying to derail your own thread. This has nothing to do with white Christians feeling threatened to the core and going all in on Trump, although it holds about as much water as your OP.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Then he outlined what he could do for them, and that was to repeal a Federal Law instigated originally by LBJ that restricts what preachers can say from their pulpits with the threat if they did make political statements, their tax-free status would be revoked. Now if a law like that is not a restriction on free speech, I don't know what is.

That's no restriction to free speech.
I have free speech, no tax exemption.
If a church wants to be a political organization, free speech, no tax exemption.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I don't expect you to understand.

The feeling is mutual.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
White Christian chiming in to say I'm not for Trump.

Also, I'm not for either of the two party candidates. They don't represent any of my most deeply held beliefs. And both are authoritarians and/or elitists who have no place in a healthy democracy/republic.

I've also seen quite a few of my white Christian acquaintances lament t both candidates.

So, I'm not buying the narrative being peddled that all white Christians are terrified of losing "power" to some super tolerant peace loving pluralistic utopian group.

Really...do people hear themselves?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

This sentence doesn't even make any sense and yet gets stars?

This place is getting weirder every day.

I gave you a star, because this place is kinda weird.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

By abandoned I meant devoid of people, I could have phrased that better. Did you actually stop an talk to any of them? Heck even chat while getting gas? I put a lot of people off because I'll just comment at random to people. Some smile and joke back. Others are taken aback and usually ignore or run. I've had some telling conversations this way.

If you think I am being prejudiced or discriminatory, I encourage you to make the drive yourself.....live the experience for your own spiritual growth.

Is what you said, so I get what you are saying now, but thought it was directly aimed at my spiritual growth.

As for farmers and the like, I think you don't understand farmers today at all.

Beginning farms accounted for 6.7 percent of the total production value of family farms in 2012. There are also established family farms (i.e., not considered beginning farms) that are operated jointly by more experienced operators and beginning farmers. While the majority of beginning farmers (85 percent in 2012) operated beginning farms, 15 percent of beginning farmers (making up only 3 percent of all farmers) jointly operated established farms with experienced farmers. Although beginning farmers are likely to be younger than established farmers, 35 percent of beginning farmers are over age 55 and nearly 13 percent are 65 or older. Beginning farmers are more likely than established farmers to have at least a 4-year college degree (34.3 percent compared to 23.5 percent, respectively).

Source
Almost every college in America has an agricultral program of some sort. Sure not your Ivy league, but how many actually go to one? What do you think all those A&M schools are? Most are state funded and not religious schools.
edit on 27-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

lol, I do understand the bible and Christianity, and I do understand that actions such as yours and most wanna-be christians are not...what Jesus intended.

And I understand that if you feel threatened in your faith, then your faith is not strong.

THAT...I do understand...but obviously you do not.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

As for farmers and the like, I think you don't understand farmers today at all.

ok, I'm from a Texas farming family, 100+ yrs, I have 180 acres in cotton and onions; please give us your expertise on American farmers.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Since we are spacifically targeted socially, by your ilk and violently by ISIS, who is sending in our dinner guests, care of your Glorious leaders, careful ,machinations to push his refugee program,he aided and abetted (WHICH IS a legal term)their deployment into CONUS.
If there is ever a big ISIS hit like in Europe I could engage ANYONE who is involved with this then get off in court based on my oath, I was following my orders.
Ill get PROBATION in a year.
If I was you, I would drop the BIGOT bullsh#t and dummy up.

edit on 27-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I gave my links in the post you are quoting. Saying that farmers are uneducated is a myth. Higher rates of college degrees among farmers than the restraunt industry for example.

I guess you didn't read my post at all. Besides you'd have go through the thread and track my and Buzzy's convo.

Never said I was an expert, I said I don't think Buzzy understands them from a demographic stand point.

P.S. Kudos to you for being a family farmer. Farming and ranching is hard work.
edit on 27-7-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join