It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Threatened to the Core by Fading Power and Demographics, White Christian America is Going All in on Trump

White Christian America sees Donald Trump as their modern Moses.

If he is elected president, his victory will owe a great deal to white Christians who have been drawn to him for months in a desperate bid to save their slice of America from shrinking demographics, vanishing values and fading political and cultural power.

It doesn’t matter that he’s no saint. What matters is Trump understands their big picture.

Christian America feels threatened to the core as their numbers, morality, fealty to authority, and privilege is ebbing and being replaced by a majority that’s more pluralistic, multicultural, tolerant and demographically ascendant.

yep....THAT ^

but wait, there's more!!.....

“If you look at the details of what that worldview is, it has a moral hierarchy of God above man, man above nature, the rich above the poor, employers above employees, adults above children, western culture above non-western culture, us above everybody else, men above women, whites above non-whites, Christians above non-Christians, etc. That’s part of their moral hierarchy and it follows from one principle: their authority is what’s important, and authority is based on what’s right, and authority must maintain authority, it cannot allow any dissent, period. It’s like a strict father family… It applies to every aspect of life, every issue, and it has to do with the main thing that they want, which is to have their worldview win. It’s win, win, win.”

I have plenty of thoughts about this.....but I don't want to waste my energy talking to people who are hopelessly misled and misguided, even when they want the best outcomes. If anyone wants to discuss it intellectually, I'm open.

edit on 7/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+58 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So are you claiming there is something wrong with this? If so, do you think there was something wrong for the record percentage of black people that voted for Obama?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is how things are going, and why the Christian Conservatives are freaking out.....what is being proposed by the most people.......which is

a majority that’s more pluralistic, multicultural, tolerant and demographically ascendant.

Sorry, folks. Take it gracefully....

edit on 7/26/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I have plenty of thoughts about this.....but I don't want to waste my energy talking to people who are hopelessly misled and misguided, even when they want the best outcomes. If anyone wants to discuss it intellectually, I'm open.

That's quite an intellectual way to start your thread; let's see how it works out for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am not "claiming" anything, dude. Sheesh you all are so "EffYou!" in your responses.....

I am posting a link that explains to some people what is going on.....

you have a problem with that,......why??????

+21 more 
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So are you claiming there is something wrong with this? If so, do you think there was something wrong for the record percentage of black people that voted for Obama?

One is that white christians are afraid of loosing their monopoly on basically everything, the other was a large minority group ascending to the highest office in the land for the first time in history.

Apples, meet oranges.

link   
Ah but they are not all in. I have many a white Christian males as my friends on facebook and quite a few of them are beside themselves with anger because they know that Trump is no Christian and they cannot bring themselves to vote for him.

To them there is no difference between Hillary and Clinton, and to be fair, there is no difference between the two to me either. So it's not really a wasted vote to go third party or write someone in for them.

This is just political spin.

In a broader sense, if we all voted out conscience and truth instead of what we're told we need to vote, we'd get some real change.

If I had a dime for everyone that said they would love to vote libertarian party or green party but won't because it's a wasted vote, I'd be a millionaire.

edit on 26-7-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Right?
!! Yeah!!! That's the idea....

So - do you really lack an 'intellectual way' to engage in conversation that is worthwhile about it all?

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No because fearing and hating white people/Christians is progressive and "multicultural".

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

One is that white christians are afraid of loosing their monopoly on basically everything

That sounds like a broad generalization based on your prejudices. Did you interview them all?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This may well be part of it, but I don't think it's the whole picture about Trump.

The ironic thing is the dude probably isn't the slightest bit religious, never mind, as the article states, not a saint.

My head just won't stop spinning about what people think he actually is and what he is actually going to do because he never says much about that and says even less about how.

The authority thing and the win thing are so not there for me either. He rarely even finishes a thought or a sentence. It's almost as if people are mesmerized or something.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Right?
!! Yeah!!! That's the idea....

So - do you really lack an 'intellectual way' to engage in conversation that is worthwhile about it all?

I'm not the one who refused to elaborate on his opinions because he "didn't want to waste his energy". It's your thread; start the conversation.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

No because fearing and hating white people/Christians is progressive and "multicultural".

What an utterly stupid and ignorant thing to say.....

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There is a slight difference to be focused upon here. Obama, a gentleman of the African American persuasion, is in fact, African American. Trump, however, is NOT a Christian, but there again, many of the details of the world view associated with the voting bloc discussed in the article do not conform to any Christian ideal either. Sure, God and Jesus above man, that follows...but all that other rubbish?

Rich above poor? No, sorry, thats nothing to do with Christianity. Next...

Employers above employees? No, once again, Christians have only God and Jesus above them. They have no mortal masters or superiors.

And the list gets weirder and more removed from a genuinely Christian ethic the further down you get. Of course, it would because it becomes even more conservative the further down you go, and although you would not know it to look at their Sunday schedule, Christianity and Conservative attitudes to these matters are normally opposed to one another.

But that is the difference between faith and indoctrination. Those who love Jesus to the exclusion of all else, generally accept that he was a lefty rebel, not a raging right wing maniac with corporate interests.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This very thread is fear mongering about white people and Christians.

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There is a slight difference to be focused upon here. Obama, a gentleman of the African American persuasion

No actually he's mixed. Half white, half black.

edit on 26-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You want me to start the convo? Sure thing.

Check out the links in the OP. Get a load of what is going on in this country.....

Please keep your arms and legs in the ride at all times....

And, just incidentally, I'm not a "he".
You need to pay attention if you want to come to these meetings.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I drove through Eastern Colorado and Western Kansas yesterday.....for 400 miles, there was no "intelligent" radio.
So sad.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

all you did was post a link to an opinion piece, and then pre-emptively labeled would-be replies as:

people who are hopelessly misled and misguided

I hope Trump kills the EPA and department of Education. If we maintain a majority Republican congress, it should be a cakewalk

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

damn, you're such a puss.

I see this in every tread you post in. your white male oppression shtick. i'd be so unbelievably embarrassed if my husband/dad/brother talked like you.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

And, just incidentally, I'm not a "he".
You need to pay attention if you want to come to these meetings.

Yeah that's about what I expected.

Keep acting like a moral superior I'm sure it'll get you places.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join