It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

So are you claiming there is something wrong with this? If so, do you think there was something wrong for the record percentage of black people that voted for Obama?
I think that to vote for a candidate because you share the same hue of skin is beyond stupid and that includes any black American that voted for O just because he is "black". I'm a black American and I didn't vote for the guy. And on a side note, if every black American voted for him, those numbers would NOT have been enough for him to be POTUS. Let's be real.
edit on 26-7-2016 by JimiBlack because: typo

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The democrat party has nothing to offer white christians so why would it be surprising that white christians don`t vote democrat?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Christian America feels threatened to the core as their numbers, morality, fealty to authority, and privilege is ebbing and being replaced by a majority that’s more pluralistic, multicultural, tolerant and demographically ascendant.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The democrat party has nothing to offer white christians so why would it be surprising that white christians don`t vote democrat?

Aye but there's the rub, why would they vote Republican either? Besides better rhetoric and sound bytes that appeal to white Christians, the Republicans don't offer anything either.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TheBulk

No because fearing and hating white people/Christians is progressive and "multicultural".

What an utterly stupid and ignorant thing to say.....

This very thread is fear mongering about white people and Christians.

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Grambler

There is a slight difference to be focused upon here. Obama, a gentleman of the African American persuasion

No actually he's mixed. Half white, half black.

So are my daughters. So is my grandaddy's daddy. But guess what they are considered to anyone that laid eyes on them? Go ahead, take a WILD guess. Get real.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

you really are all over the place. A light skinned Hispanic is still white. More Hispanic people are white than Brown. So therefore, the opinion piece you linked, which also is promoting a book, certainly calculated for the white hispanic Christians/Catholics right?

So yes, all you did in fact was post an opinion piece, which seeks to paint a negative picture of White Christians, while also promoting a book, and then pre-emptively label the respondents before they had a chance to reply. And then your reply was that I should go read the book, and offer a link to do so??

Thank you, but obvious race bait was obvious.

a reply to: Snarl

Yes certainly DHS needs gone.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think the OP could be translated to "I only want to discuss with you if you agree with me, otherwise shut-up" - which unfortunately has become status quo for a segment of our population these days.

Are you #ing kidding me????

Sweetie - there is a whole lot going on in this world..
you don't want me to speak? Not surprised.

Sorry it hurts you that I won't shut-the-#-up

edit on Tue Jul 26 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

You are seriously trying to school me on Hispanics? Really?

Erm.....
wow. If I thought you were even in the slightest bit interested in knowing why I am addressing this topic, I would tell you.....

you have no idea of my background, education, or history.

So ----------

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Tardacus

Aye but there's the rub, why would they vote Republican either? Besides better rhetoric and sound bytes that appeal to white Christians, the Republicans don't offer anything either.

Because the Republicans do not vilify Christianity, call them stupid white hicks, backwards, morally corrupt, racist, homophobic, and other names that the left uses with impunity. When you get called a continuous stream of names and invective by some group it's kind of natural to stop liking that group. The Republicans are generally neutral. It's not that they buy off on the Christian world view. Many of them believe it is as stupid as the leftists do, but the difference is that the Republicans have more respect than to call Christians a bunch of names and the dems and left wing go out of their way to attack them.

That's why.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

No actually he's mixed. Half white, half black.

and the other part of the equation...half Christian but a total closet Muslim.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Because I have not yet been so filled with self-loathing that I feel the desire to vote for a party whose candidates and followers express nothing but hatred and contempt for me and mine with their every word and action that I think I ought to expiate the deep sin of my very existence with such self-flagellation?

Might be why I generally refuse to vote Democrat. That leaves me few options.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm white. I don't care what a Social Justice Warrior thinks of me.

Go Trump!!

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Metallicus

What am I supposed to be "proving" or "saying"?

I was just posting some stuff on here for people to read and discuss.....

Stop projecting.

So basically the fact that this is pointless was intended?!

Okay.

link   

her reply was in response to what you posted directly

I have plenty of thoughts about this.....but I don't want to waste my energy talking to people who are hopelessly misled and misguided, even when they want the best outcomes.

I would say her statement was dead on.

and as for this

Pay close attention to exact words, because you are not.

the opinion piece you linked, which also is promoting a book, certainly calculated for the white hispanic Christians/Catholics right?

Did the book, and the opinion piece, calculate for white Hispanic Christians/Catholics or not? Somehow you seem to think I am asking what you think of white Hispanics, but I am referring to the question which I was directing at your source, an opinion piece promoting a book.

Reading comprehension, you should revisit it sometime. It stands that my first reply is factually and actually what you did, cite an opinion piece, promoting a book, and then blanket the respondents before they have even replied as misled and misguided and have no interest in discussing with them.

If you did something else, I can't seem to see it, and neither does anyone else.

+3 more 
link   
Well, I thought I must have missed something when I read the OP's article. So, I went back and reread it, and...nope...I didn't miss anything.

That article was nothing but hypothesizing and opinion.

He did say "white Christian voters tend to be older. They tend to be fairly highly educated. And they tend to show up".
That may be true.

Then he said, "white Christian America chose Trump because they sensed he knew how their identity was endangered and he exhibited many values that they share". That is an opinion.

Maybe they chose him because they do tend to be older, smarter, more educated, and involved in the real and truly valid issues.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
God forbid White people get to have an ingroup preference like every single other group. This forming ingroup preference is a natural reaction when identity politics is pushed. Demonize a group and guess what that group will come together. Demonize them more and they will unite even further.

Here is how it works. A large portion of media and the democratic party starts hating on white people, telling them its all their fault for xyz. White people hear about this and talk about it with each other. They agree that they are not at fault, a bond is created. When another white people blame piece comes up they talk about it again. Wow they have similar interest and views, now they are friends. Now they find a few more white people with similar views, They start to form a group. OMG they are racist now, they started an ingroup preference based on their views.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Because the Republicans do not vilify Christianity, call them stupid white hicks, backwards, morally corrupt, racist, homophobic, and other names that the left uses with impunity. When you get called a continuous stream of names and invective by some group it's kind of natural to stop liking that group. The Republicans are generally neutral. It's not that they buy off on the Christian world view. Many of them believe it is as stupid as the leftists do, but the difference is that the Republicans have more respect than to call Christians a bunch of names and the dems and left wing go out of their way to attack them.

That's why.

Respect? Naaah, they just decided to pander to them for their votes.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

As a half white-half Shoshone from WY, I am well aware of the "fundy" movement in CO.

Instead of running to Denver for pot maybe you should try getting outside your American bubble and travel outside the US like I just did for the last two years. Caling a ten hour drive through the farmland a spiritual growth. Please.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I guess our saving grace is that the Trumpster will sell out the white Christians along with all the minorities, women, disabled, and Jews.

4 months left for Donald to alienate the rest of the electorate. The GOP convention was a white fest with only a few token minorities to give the impression of a "big tent" party.

I just don't think Trump has the numbers to pull off the general election.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Did the book, and the opinion piece, calculate for white Hispanic Christians/Catholics or not?

There's no need "White christian america" refers to specific group which once made up the majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join