It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threatened to the Core - White Christians All in On Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i notice that in this country majority=bad, minority=good. in every other country (Democratic elected) the majority demographic rules things, makes rules, laws, that benefit themselves. not in this country guilt is so engrained, if you are white, Christian, male you better just shut up and keep your beliefs and views quiet.
edit on 9892016xJuly000000Tuesday26America/ChicagoTue, 26 Jul 2016 17:44:22 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I vote for who will serve the interests of me and my family.

So does 90% of the world.

We are doing the best with what we have...which isn't much.

You are proving and saying nothing with this OP.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

No, not really. That's not "all I did."

If you're interested in reading the preface and the earlier chapters, I can point you to the link to do that.
But since you obviously are unfamiliar with that stuff, I am feeling free to disregard your reaction as 'poorly prepared'.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

One is that white christians are afraid of loosing their monopoly on basically everything

That sounds like a broad generalization based on your prejudices. Did you interview them all?

Ah no, Poll Numbers and the story itself, would indicate that as being the case

I didn't make it up, that's whats happening, according to the media

I'm just responding, to the actual story. If you have anything worth while to contribute, you should probably do that.

~Tenth

+14 more 
link   
You needn't resort to all this pop psychology and Christian bashing from the "I'm smarter than you" left. The very bottom line is, why would ANY Christian vote for Hillary? You don't need to feel threatened; it's just common sense. Look at what she's done. Look at what she's said. Look how she handles herself. It's not a difficult decision.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What am I supposed to be "proving" or "saying"?

I was just posting some stuff on here for people to read and discuss.....

Stop projecting.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You needn't resort to all this pop psychology and Christian bashing from the "I'm smarter than you" left. The very bottom line is, why would ANY Christian vote for Hillary? You don't need to feel threatened; it's just common sense. Look at what she's done. Look at what she's said. Look how she handles herself. It's not a difficult decision.

I mean, there's nothing Christian about Trump either though.

They are both equally un-christian if you ask me. Evangelicals/Christians are going to have to work real hard to explain their choice within the context of their own religions regardless of who they vote for.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I know a lot of Christians that don't have a clue,

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I have plenty of thoughts about this.....but I don't want to waste my energy talking to people who are hopelessly misled and misguided, even when they want the best outcomes. If anyone wants to discuss it intellectually, I'm open.

That's quite an intellectual way to start your thread; let's see how it works out for you.

I think the OP could be translated to "I only want to discuss with you if you agree with me, otherwise shut-up" - which unfortunately has become status quo for a segment of our population these days.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think you left out the part where he attracts the most high school educated supporters and below

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

LOL!!!

Damn. Okay, I want you to read this, which is what you wrote.......

Keep acting like a moral superior I'm sure it'll get you places.

You probably won't get the nuance, and that's okay -
just be aware that you don't get it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Now that is a crappy drive i feel for ya. Been there many times. Nothing on the radio but jesus. Only way to make it is ignore the billboards and speed across 70 so your mind is occupied worrying about cops.

Where i live now i think all the Blacks especially and whites are christian though. Nothing wrong with it. Makes everybody more polite actually ive noticed. To your face at least. Seperate churches though. I love the variety of things you can see in different areas of this country.

I do miss the point here..
edit on 26-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Race bait much?

What about dwindling Black Christians? What about Asian Christians?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: eNumbra

LOL!!!

Damn. Okay, I want you to read this, which is what you wrote.......

Keep acting like a moral superior I'm sure it'll get you places.

You probably won't get the nuance, and that's okay -
just be aware that you don't get it.

I'm quite aware of what I write, thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Oh, my sincerest apologies. Just replace the term African American with "mixed" then. Its still a whole other ball game than was being played before. The point is, that the vast majority of the points which were covered in the article are nothing to do with Christianity, but are to do with hypercapitalism. That is, ideology which promotes human, mortal heirarchies based on fiscal and social status, even those heirarchies which are:

a) harmful to individuals and the wider population as a whole

...and...

b) conflict with the religious beliefs that their advocates often profess to hold

edit on 26-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

oh excuse me, I should have already been familiar with this book that is being sold before I clicked the only link you provided to an opinion piece of negativity against Christians, and whites, or specifically White Christians. Does that include the Hispanic community with white skin as well? Catholics?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Race bait? No....hardly. I was driving from Denver to Kansas City. White people.
Farmers.
It is what it is.

If you think I am being prejudiced or discriminatory, I encourage you to make the drive yourself.....live the experience for your own spiritual growth.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: schuyler

I mean, there's nothing Christian about Trump either though.

I agree, but he's not openly antagonistic to Christianity as much of the left is. One of the most humble statements he made during the RNC was acknowledging the support of "the Evangelicals," as he called them. He acknowledged the help they had given the campaign, and then he softly said, "which I probably don't deserve." with a small smile. Then he outlined what he could do for them, and that was to repeal a Federal Law instigated originally by LBJ that restricts what preachers can say from their pulpits with the threat if they did make political statements, their tax-free status would be revoked. Now if a law like that is not a restriction on free speech, I don't know what is. But what Trump did not do is pander to the Christians. he didn't claim to be one. In fact, he basically admitted he wasn't. And he didn't do the typical leftist "religion is stupid" schtick.

Now maybe it was all fake, but you rarely see Trump acting with much humility and his mouth often gets away from him, but if I were a Christian (I'm not) I would tend to think favorably of him and, given the opposition, make him my guy.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Erm, nope. Actually, I have lots of fair-skinned acquaintances who speak Spanish and are from south of the border.

Is that all you got??

The facts are that the "White Conservative Christians" are losing ground, losing momentum, and losing respect.
That is the topic. Kindly address that, or refrain from participation.

Lacking that, you go right ahead and prove how wrong the source I linked is....please. I don't want to believe that this world is getting that ugly. I really don't.

Can you help me calm down about it????

I appreciate that, in advance......

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I hope Trump kills the EPA and department of Education. If we maintain a majority Republican congress, it should be a cakewalk

I can name quite a few more departments of the US govt I'd like to see go ... starting with HUD ... and followed up by DHS and HHS.

Smaller government is nothin' but good.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join