It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
With all due respect to Mr. King (God, how we could use DR. KING right about now....please), BLM and the people who support BLM wouldn't have a chance in hell in staging a coup. And if another group did, BLM would not have a seat at the table.

Neither would you or I, for that matter.

#businessasusual

They already have a seat at Obama's table, their fear of losing power is Trump, and the train it is rolling in on is laid out on an inevitable landslide since they couldn't help themselves from going militant.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TheBulk

Why is the word " Coup " being used?

A " Coup " is when fractions within the establishment i.e. The Military or Parties Or Elites Within The Government Apparatus try to take over complete control of a country or state .

This chap is talking either revolt or civil war. Certainly not a " Coup "

Exactly. He's just blowing smoke, I'd suggest because in his little fantasy world he thinks he is relevant.

Apparently some people are threatened by his little fantasy world or they wouldn't be circulating this rubbish.

Yes of course people are, All they need to do is look around to notice the loons from that same direction living out their "little fantasies" and watch the bodies hit the floor.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would prefer my grievances addressed first.

My grievances are more all encompassing, they are not narrowly centered around my own selfish interests.

I've attempted dialogue, they do not care about my grievances, only their own.

So, why should I care about theirs?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes, alllivesmatter does include black people, but it is used in an attempt to de-legitimize their grievance, which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

That is why they are pissed.

"All Lives Matter" were silent when refugees needed help.

It's just a racist rallying cry.

Sadly, there is a bit of truth to that.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

I would prefer my grievances addressed first.

My grievances are more all encompassing, they are not narrowly centered around my own selfish interests.

I've attempted dialogue, they do not care about my grievances, only their own.

So, why should I care about theirs?

There lies the problem. You are only worried about yourself and they are worried about themselves.

Adults can put that aside and come together to study and address the issue.

Unfortunately, there are not enough adults around.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes, alllivesmatter does include black people, but it is used in an attempt to de-legitimize their grievance, which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

That is why they are pissed.

"All Lives Matter" were silent when refugees needed help.

Is that why millions of refugees have been taken in by white countries?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 18 Jul 2016 15:18:14 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've already stated, that my grievances are not selfish.

In fact, you do not care to listen to my grievances.

One of my grievances is the fact, that the primary cause of crime is the lack of education and job opportunity.

My grievance is for pushing for education reform in inner cities, and creating vocational programs for inner city folks.

I don't live in a large city, but I guess ACCORDING TO YOU, my grievances are SELFISH.

The problem does not lie with me.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: UKTruth

I am not dismissing the thought because it IS possible

That is all that is required to engage in a discussion with BLM and others. I don't think things would have gone as far as it has if we were willing to talk to people that have certain grievances, and not dismiss them outright.

But we didn't talk to them. When they said blacklivesmatter, we dismissed it by saying alllivesmatter. Then we wonder why they might just be pissed off.

Why someone that hears "black lives matter" be ok to get pissed off? The way I see it, all lives have mattered since most of us were born. Yesterday, a guy on Twitter said that all lives matter is untrue because is leaves out black people. I pasted the definition of "all" and asked him why black had to stand out. He never wrote me back. All lives have mattered for decades and there was never any reason to change that and single out one race or group of people.

The issue is now though that it is not about the definition of 'ALL' that causes a reaction. It''s the fact that it underplays the problem. There is a problem. You only have to look at income, family structure sand education to know that there is a disparity in society. Something is not right. That something is just not the police. When I hear black lives matter, I think about how income gaps, education and employment opportunities can be equalised and how infrastructure and facilities can be brought to very run down inner cities.

It'll never happen because if you try to make a run down inner city nice again, it'll just be torn up again. If you can't get the parent(s) involved in the decisions the children are making, they'll continue down this road of destruction and disrespect. No Child Left Behind was signed in the early 2000's and it was created to initially make the worse off school competitive for poor black and white students that didn't get the same opportunities. The schools were to be funded as long as they stayed competitive. The downfall of that was teachers getting lazy and giving the kids passing grades even though they weren't really passing because the teachers didn't want to be responsible for the school losing federal funding. Now we're stuck with lazy teachers that are giving the grades to show good graduation rates. So what we're seeing are all time high graduation rates, but all time low reading and math proficiency test scores. These kids aren't being prepared for college in the least, and it shows.

It's not just about cleaning up inner cities. It is primarily about families. Black leaders, the real ones, don't talk about cops. They talk about broken homes and especially absent fathers. Something is going on in those communities that is toxic and it is NOT about being black.

Most definitely. But when black leaders stand up and say those things, they get thrown into the Uncle Tom category and are considered sellouts to their race. It's like they don't want to take steps in the right direction (because of the responsibility involved) or be considered a sellout. And the main person that could actually make a difference has only fanned the flames and stoked the racial fire for 8 solid years. He started all of this by calling the Clinton campaign racist and never stopped using the race card after that.
edit on 18-7-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It's not just about cleaning up inner cities. It is primarily about families. Black leaders, the real ones, don't talk about cops. They talk about broken homes and especially absent fathers. Something is going on in those communities that is toxic and it is NOT about being black.

Black families were doing pretty well and had a lower incidence of out of wedlock births than did whites - that is before the Democrat party decided to "help" them.

Here's a pretty good piece:

Dem war on blacks

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

and yes to the 7 pages of drivel, the author is saying BLM will attempt a coup if trump becomes president. !!! start making the threads now! there's MORE APPROVAL AND AGREEMENT afoot by the like minded!

Yes BLM is to blame, all blacks are BLM, all killers are BLM...

bam BLM BLM!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I've already stated, that my grievances are not selfish.

In fact, you do not care to listen to my grievances.

One of my grievances is the fact, that the primary cause of crime is the lack of education and job opportunity.

My grievance is for pushing for education reform in inner cities, and creating vocational programs for inner city folks.

I don't live in a large city, but I guess ACCORDING TO YOU, my grievances are SELFISH.

The problem does not lie with me.

Those do not sound like grievances. They sound like your idea for solutions to the problem. That would be part of what we talked about when and if we sat down with these people to work it out.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Maybe that's why nobody cares what I have to say.

I actually have the solutions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The metric you are looking for is not Democrats but the Southern regional states (the old Confederacy.) The Southern Strategy employed first by Goldwater, then Nixon, then Reagan was to inflame the racial fears and prejudices of Southerners.

Other than that, your comments are generic and mean very little in terms of our conversation, but, as the underlying comment is still "Blacks are different than Whites" I would still cite the generalities as racist.

The facts, again, do not bear this out.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Who cares what the source is? All they're doing is posting the tweet made by the BLM leader.

That is a lie; they are not just posting the tweet, they are interpreting it in a blatantly misleading way.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed... How would you describe them? Confused? Oppressed? Sorry, I don't buy into that lie.

I don't consider it a lie that it's ridiculous to generalize 13 or 14 million people in the few words you offered.

To answer your question, I rarely find any reason to pigeonhole anyone, least of all by their race.

It's the least informative metric I'm aware of, seconded only by sex.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I never understood either sides use of those terms.

Only Rich Lives Matter.

Anything else is just fantasy land crap peddling.

That's absolutely right... Poor whites and poor blacks will get the same treatment. Only difference being that poor blacks will get pity from the media and democrats. Same with the middle class.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I never understood either sides use of those terms.

Only Rich Lives Matter.

Anything else is just fantasy land crap peddling.

That's absolutely right... Poor whites and poor blacks will get the same treatment. Only difference being that poor blacks will get pity from the media and democrats. Same with the middle class.

The media has been paying more and more attention to the plight of white blue collar workers who have been declining into poverty. Drug abuse, alcoholism, single parent families... all of the "urban" evils are being found not only in rural areas, but in the suburbs. It was the Republican party's inattentiveness to these issues that led to the rise of Donald Trump, a fat cat who really knows how to exploit poor whites.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: odzeandennz

and yes to the 7 pages of drivel, the author is saying BLM will attempt a coup if trump becomes president. !!! start making the threads now! there's MORE APPROVAL AND AGREEMENT afoot by the like minded!

Yes BLM is to blame, all blacks are BLM, all killers are BLM...

That's new... Where did you come to this conclusion?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I am not dismissing the thought because it IS possible

That is all that is required to engage in a discussion with BLM and others. I don't think things would have gone as far as it has if we were willing to talk to people that have certain grievances, and not dismiss them outright.

But we didn't talk to them. When they said blacklivesmatter, we dismissed it by saying alllivesmatter. Then we wonder why they might just be pissed off.

But they shouldn't be pissed off by alllivesmatter. All includes black, but does not exlude non-black. It is inclusive and dismisses no one. It makes me wonder if they are pissed because white lives matter too or because their personal grudge is expanded to make it universal.

What is offensive is that time and again, the death of blacks is treated completely differently than the death of whites by the police and the media. If a black man is shot by the police, the media will scrounge up a picture of the victim looking "gansta." If a white college boy commits a rape or murder, they publish his graduation portrait. We hear all about a black victim's police record, but we are never made privy to the complaints filed about the policeman doing the shooting.

Pretending that this is not happening is precisely the reason why the movement is trying to raise the public consciousness. Calling peaceful protesters "terrorists," and falsely associating members of known hate groups like the New Black Panthers with the BLM movement is part of a deliberate campaign to spread hatred and fear. There are groups who are actively trying to incite a race war. BLM is not one of them.

Yes it is treated differently. I agree with that. The media would not be able to scrounge up photos of the victim looking 'gangsta' if the victim didn't take them in the first place. Lets not forget that many of these 'victims' had committed crimes of varying degrees prior to being shot by police. And the media always has momma on tv crying about how her little baby boy never did anything wrong. There is some deception from both sides on this issue.

I do not pretend anything is not happening. I am aware of it - from both sides. When violence erupts out of peaceful protests, the argument for peaceful protesters loses ground fast. Does that mean blm is as bad as the new black panthers? No, it doesn't. But it doesn't mean their hands aren't entirely clean either...
edit on 18-7-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

From you, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join