It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

As a police officer all lives matter to me.

I have risked my life (and on several occasions sustained injuries) to protect Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, male, female, straight, LGBT.

You can take your blanket generalizations somewhere else.

To stay on topic, unfortunately, I can see some sort of unrest if Trump is elected.

That said, I don't think King and/or those who share his views could muster up an organized group to do anything major. One shouldn't assume though.
edit on 18-7-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I believe you and respect you for that.

I have risked my life (and on several occasions sustained injuries) to protect Blacks, Whites, Asians, Hispanics, male, female, straight, LGBT.

I thank you for your service.

I did not mean to imply that all law enforcement did not see black lives as just as valuable than white lives; I was simply clarifying why it could be an issue if some did. You must admit, not all policemen are on the straight and narrow. There are bad cops, and one way cops can go bad is by going on personal power trips.

To stay on topic, unfortunately, I can see some sort of unrest if Trump is elected.

And I can see unrest if he loses.
edit on 18-7-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Just what do you think the KKK's grievances are, and why do you think they have a right to them? BLM wants blacks to be treated with respect. What does the KKK want?

That's what YOU claim, but then there's the reality:

#BlackLivesMatter Protesters Disrupt Students in Library: ‘F*ck You, You Filthy White F*cks!’
www.mediaite.com...

Protesters at Dartmouth University disrupted students studying in the library, reportedly directing profanity towards white students and physically pushing others.

In a critical editorial, the conservative Dartmouth Review listed some of the epithets hurled by the protesters: “# you, you filthy white #s!” “# you and your comfort!” “# you, you racist #s!”

In addition, the Review reports that some of protesters became physically violent: “Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group. ‘If we can’t have it, shut it down!’ they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting ‘filthy white bitch!’ in her face.”

Campus Reform managed to obtain video showing the protesters walking through the library shouting as others try to study. One of the protesters can be seen flipping off the cameraman. Another gets in the face of those who are studying demanding they say that black lives matter.

How would you feel about a white lives matter group did this to black people? No big deal right?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That, and a resurgence of the traditional sense of white victimhood.

What? White people cant be victims! They dont even have any color! They're barely human!

originally posted by: buster2010
I have never seen a more intellectually dishonest thread on ATS. The title of the article itself says predicts an American coup yet when the op posts the thread he willfully changes predicts to calls. Hoping to incite a little racial hatred are we now?

This post is intellectually dishonest and everyone reading can see that.

I cant even imagine the uproar if Sarah Palin "PREDICTED" uprisings or a coup if Obama got elected.
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Everyone in the press were convinced there would be widespread unrest when Obama was elected too. They were floating the idea that whites in this country would never stand for a black president.

Perhaps, we'll make it through a Trump presidency. Of course, people were not rioting in the streets and ambushing LEOs the summer prior to Obama's election. Instead, we were being fed stories about how Obama was going to heal the world.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

That said, I don't think King and/or those who share his views could muster up an organized group to do anything major. One shouldn't assume though.

BLM doesn't have near the support we see IN the media in fact it's diminished alot. They are losing popular support through there actions and statements. In fact I bet they will have to spend alot of money paying protestors for thr RNC and DNC conventions. You know the people who get asked by thr press questions and oddly don't have any answers as to why they were there.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

You are undermining the discussion right off the bat by stating their grievances are imagined.

That is why you are not ready to sit at the adult table to talk about solutions.

Says a guy backing a racist group who claims racism based solely on the skin color of the people they hate.

link   

edit on 7/18/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

link   
edit on 18-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

BLM doesn't have near the support we see IN the media in fact it's diminished alot. They are losing popular support through there actions and statements. In fact I bet they will have to spend alot of money paying protestors for thr RNC and DNC conventions. You know the people who get asked by thr press questions and oddly don't have any answers as to why they were there.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't think he has the support of the joint chiefs

lol

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I don't think he has the support of the joint chiefs

lol

If Hillary gets elected he might do in 4 years.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes, alllivesmatter does include black people, but it is used in an attempt to de-legitimize their grievance, which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

That is why they are pissed.

"All Lives Matter" were silent when refugees needed help.

It's just a racist rallying cry.

How is it racist when its all inclusive? BLM is crying because they want the spotlight. sounds like petty jealousy to me

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most of these "racist" crimes occur up north in places like Maryland, New York, and Ohio. Besides mostly white cops being targeted and killed by blacks in the South, where is the racial fear and prejudice in the South?

Baton Rouge, for starters.

Next question?

You missed the very first word of my post. "Most of these "racist" crimes occur up north. . ."

So you have Baton Rouge where they were called to a scene where a man in a red shirt was reportedly intimidating people with a gun that wouldn't cooperate and resisted arrest even on the ground.

"Most" is the first word of your statement, not your question.

I answered your question. Baton Rouge is one of many southern cities in which folks are incensed about these issues.

May I recommend consulting your news of choice for the last week or so? You'll find more info there.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Perhaps, we'll make it through a Trump presidency. Of course, people were not rioting in the streets and ambushing LEOs the summer prior to Obama's election. Instead, we were being fed stories about how Obama was going to heal the world.

No, if you remember the media was mercilessly and relentlessly demonizing the tea party rallies. Remember stuff like this?

it turned out the guy was black and they edited the footage so you couldn't see that. It's just funny how much fear they're trying to generate and nothing ever happened. NOTHING!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Was that BLM or just a bunch of angry blacks?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

"Gansta" is a fashion statement, not proof of criminal activity. Why show the white boy looking clean cut instead of when he was half naked and drunk during spring break? Or during his Death Metal phase in High School?

I didn't know snapping a pic holding a 9mm semi auto sideways like the bangers do was considered 'fashion'. Maybe the white kid wasn't half naked and drunk. If he was, I suspect there is a picture of it that would have surfaced.

And let'snot forget that some of these police were bad cops who would shake people down for no reason, yet we never seem to hear about that. What was it, a broken tail-light or a BOLO for a bank robber accompanied by his girlfriend and a four year old girl?

If these are things we never hear about, how do you know about them? Broken tail lights and other minor offenses lead to a lot of arrests. Sometimes big ones. Some cops are bad. I live in/around Chicago. I know about cops. I have met all kinds.

I guess black feelings don't matter either.

I didn't say that. But having her on tv crying about her poor little baby boy who never did nothing wrong is a perfect example of how both sides skew the truth. Momma's little baby robbed a convenience store. Momma's little baby is 6'2 and weighs 265. Momma's little baby has a long arrest record. But momma's little baby, her sweet little boy, never did anything wrong...

Did he deserve to get gunned down in the street by a cop? Probably not, unless he did reach for the cops gun or his own or something else that would give the cop a reason to shoot. And he also doesn't deserve to get gunned down sitting in his living room by stray bullets from gang warfare. He doesn't deserve to get gunned down walking to his car, or while shopping. But it happens a hell of a lot more than getting gunned down by crooked cops.

To cut straight to the point, both sides say whatever they think they have to say to get people on their side. Neither side tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If they did, there wouldn't be so many threads with people talking about what could have happened, or what might have been. If the cop said, "He reached for my gun and I got scared," he would be out of a job. If mom said, "My son was a thug and just robbed a liquor store when the cops stopped him," she wouldn't get much sympathy. This behavior doesn't have a skin color, or an age bracket, or an income bracket. It is what it is and people do it because they don't want to be seen as guilty in the court of public opinion.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You are undermining the discussion right off the bat by stating their grievances are imagined.

That is why you are not ready to sit at the adult table to talk about solutions.

Says a guy backing a racist group who claims racism based solely on the skin color of the people they hate.

I've never understood why and how that became a legitimate debate tactic.

"says the guy..." Blah, blah.

That seems to come out when they have nothing better to say.
edit on 18-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Actually he did reach for the GUn according to evidence gathered.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"says the guy..." Blah, blah.

That seems to come out when they have nothing better to say.

It's not a tactic. I'm just pointing out that your words don't have any substance.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join