It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

If you look at the statistics I provide, you are also 3 times more likely to be pulled over if you are black, vs. white drivers.

Reminds me of that black girl I work with who came to work one morning bitching because she got pulled over by the cops on her way to work. She was going 50 in a 35 and got pulled over. She said she only got pulled over because she was black. I passed the same cop about one minute before her - and me, along with other vehicles, some of which were driven by blacks, all went past this cop going between 35 and 40, and none of us got pulled over. Not even the blacks. But the one speeding did get pulled over. But in her mind, she only got pulled over because she was black.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Or it could be that the system is intentionally set up to house far more men than women.

You know, just one of those odd actual facts.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

Besides the statistics (which quite plainly do demonstrate bias toward Blacks) ... that's not the only important measure here.

After the experience of long-standing racism, particularly absurd statements like the only racism in America now is from Black people (which is itself, patently racist) we have to deal with the perceptions on the part of the communities ... that feel like they are (still) being targeted.

Quoting statistics doesn't mean anything when you see your people lying dead in the street repeatedly with Cops standing over them.

The stats show clearly no bias. See above post. Normalising the population data and crime data uncovers the truth.

No, stats don't show bias, per se.

Your interpretation does, however. Not going to bicker with you. Multiple studies show the facts. One is linked above.

The studies that include crime and population together show no bias.

Saying it doesn't make it true.

Studies which prove the exact opposite linked above.

That study ignores crime rate. As I said, apply crime rates and there is no bias.
Saying it does not make it true, i agree. But facts make it true.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Or it could be that the system is intentionally set up to house far more men than women.

No, it;s because men commit more violent and serious crime. It's fairly obvious.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

The person I responded to was referring to the Baton Rouge shooter.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

A greater percentage of male drivers (12%) than female drivers (8%) were stopped by police during 2011.
A higher percentage of black drivers (13%) than white (10%) and Hispanic (10%) drivers were stopped by police during 2011. Stopped drivers reported speeding as the most common reason for being pulled over in 2011. Approximately 80% of drivers pulled over by police in 2011 felt they had been stopped for a legitimate reason. In 2011, about 68% of black drivers believed police had a legitimate reason for stopping them compared to 84% of white and 74% of Hispanic drivers. In 2011, about 3% of traffic stops led to a search of the driver, the vehicle, or both. Police were more likely to search male drivers (4%) than female drivers (2%). A lower percentage of white drivers stopped by police in 2011 were searched (2%) than black (6%) or Hispanic (7%) drivers.

www.bjs.gov...

One has to wonder if the higher rate of black committing crimes are related to systemic racism in which people of color are targeted more.

It seems pretty obvious to me. The only alternative is that Blacks are more crime-prone than Whites (which is of course the real racist conclusion behind most of the arguments we see.)

But, that's not a racist statement at all ... oh no. It's fine to classify all Blacks in a negative light. That's just being, as they argue, "factual."

Except of course, that's never what the facts actually demonstrate.

Blacks are absolutely more prone to crime than whites. Simple fact shown by the numbers.
It is however not to do with colour, it is to do with environment. The issue is systematic racism in American society for sure, which is why blacks are poorer and live in worse conditions (by far) on average. Poverty and living conditions that include lack of education and employment opportunity is the driver of crime.

BLM and every other social group should focus on that - NOT police. The police are doing their job and the numbers show no bias at all. It is not the job of the police to solve systematic racism in the US, it is their job to stop crime and keep people safe. Their job brings them into confrontation with more black people proportionally to population.

And certainly if you only consider numbers which verify racist beliefs.

I will agree that a much more reliable measure for crimes committed is based on economic status.

It doesn't have anything to do with race. The idea is absurd.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If you look at the statistics I provide, you are also 3 times more likely to be pulled over if you are black, vs. white drivers.

Which makes sense - because blacks are more than 3 times more likely to commit serious crime.

What if that crime statistic is directly tied to the fact they are targeted more by police?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No, it;s because men commit more violent and serious crime. It's fairly obvious.

It's fairly obvious that you're desperately trying to use a spurious example.

So, to use your own logic above, why are men "more likely" to commit crimes?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

LOL except that they do...LOL...

Jaden

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Christopher Dorner: Navy
Micah Johnson: Army
Gavin Long: Marines

Air Force is up to bat...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Which makes sense - because blacks are more than 3 times more likely to commit serious crime.

What if that crime statistic is directly tied to the fact they are targeted more by police?

Explain to me how being 'targeted' by police creates a murder rate 7 times higher than whites?
I am not dismissing the thought because it IS possible, but I would suggest that my explanation is more likely - that racism in US society leads to a combination of poverty and lack of opportunity for blacks that leads to higher crime rates.
Like I said before I just wish BLM would focus on that - if they did I would be right there with them.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

LOL except that they do...LOL...

Jaden

LOL ... and racism becomes quite clear when you get right down to it, eh?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's fairly obvious that you're desperately trying to use a spurious example.

So, to use your own logic above, why are men "more likely" to commit crimes?

If you want to call facts spurious that's your choice.

In terms of why more men are in jail, it is because men are by nature more violent, reactionary and less empathetic I would suggest. Just another example where 'we're all equal' is complete nonsense.
edit on 18/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

No they weren't... The study you keep referring to refers only to population, not normalized population based on crime rates.

Jaden

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What we are witnessing is the left's last, desperate, gasp.
Fementing trouble so you let them HELP you with that trouble and establish the need for their obvious agenda.
Making the real threats(vets) to them the enemy .
Start looking for a push to disarm vets rather shortly to come...if that happens you have no chance at all.
So WE REALLY hope you all understand what we do if that should occur and stand by your Republic.
S##T"S going hot.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

No they weren't... The study you keep referring to refers only to population, not normalized population based on crime rates.

Jaden

Absolutely correct.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

A greater percentage of male drivers (12%) than female drivers (8%) were stopped by police during 2011.
A higher percentage of black drivers (13%) than white (10%) and Hispanic (10%) drivers were stopped by police during 2011. Stopped drivers reported speeding as the most common reason for being pulled over in 2011. Approximately 80% of drivers pulled over by police in 2011 felt they had been stopped for a legitimate reason. In 2011, about 68% of black drivers believed police had a legitimate reason for stopping them compared to 84% of white and 74% of Hispanic drivers. In 2011, about 3% of traffic stops led to a search of the driver, the vehicle, or both. Police were more likely to search male drivers (4%) than female drivers (2%). A lower percentage of white drivers stopped by police in 2011 were searched (2%) than black (6%) or Hispanic (7%) drivers.

www.bjs.gov...

One has to wonder if the higher rate of black committing crimes are related to systemic racism in which people of color are targeted more.

It seems pretty obvious to me. The only alternative is that Blacks are more crime-prone than Whites (which is of course the real racist conclusion behind most of the arguments we see.)

But, that's not a racist statement at all ... oh no. It's fine to classify all Blacks in a negative light. That's just being, as they argue, "factual."

Blacks are absolutely more prone to crime than whites. Simple fact shown by the numbers.
It is however not to do with colour, it is to do with environment. The issue is systematic racism in American society for sure, which is why blacks are poorer and live in worse conditions (by far) on average. Poverty and living conditions that include lack of education and employment opportunity is the driver of crime.

BLM and every other social group should focus on that - NOT police. The police are doing their job and the numbers show no bias at all. It is not the job of the police to solve systematic racism in the US, it is their job to stop crime and keep people safe. Their job brings them into confrontation with more black people proportionally to population.

I will agree that a much more reliable measure for crimes committed is based on economic status.

The problem was created by democrats when segregation was ended. They got thr idea through social and economic manipulation they could keep there segregation. Problem is you put a bunch of very poor people in a small area with no jobs and dependent on the government ot survive the family structure breaks down. This creates Unwed mothers parental structure breaks down and society is left to deal with these young adults who never learned right from wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm trying to get on the same page as you here... What misconceptions are you talking about?

If a car full of whites are driving down the highway at the posted speed limit with no defects on their car, and then a car full of blacks is on the same highways, obeying the same posted speed limit, with no defects on their car, neither of them will get pulled over. Nobody obeying the law will be pulled over. You will only be approached by police or pulled over if you're breaking the law unless it's the occasional mistaken identity that gets you pulled over. And I can't buy into the fact that it only applies to blacks. I've been pulled over three different times because I looked like someone else that the cops were looking for.

I even got stopped for excessive music in 1998 because a blond haired blue eyed guy in a Chevy just like mine had rolled through the mall parking lot one late morning rattling the windows of the mall. The police stopped me in the same parking lot that EVENING and I was surrounded by 6 cop cars. I didn't even have bass in my truck, just the factory speakers that come standard in a 1993 Chevy Silverado which is like four 3x5 speakers. One of the police sat in my truck, turned my radio up and insisted that I must have taken the speakers and amp out of my truck before returning to the mall because I knew they were looking for me. They issued me a ticket for excessive noise and I had to go to court and pay $265 + court costs all because I was mistaken for someone else. Like a good kid who was raised by parents that taught me to respect police no matter what, I respected them and complied and although I got a ticket out of the deal, it could have gone a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

www.bjs.gov...

The problem was created by democrats when segregation was ended. They got thr idea through social and economic manipulation they could keep there segregation. Problem is you put a bunch of very poor people in a small area with no jobs and dependent on the government ot survive the family structure breaks down. This creates Unwed mothers parental structure breaks down and society is left to deal with these young adults who never learned right from wrong.

I believe you are spot on.

One wonders why BLM are not focused on the real issue.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I was just trying to avoid thread drift.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join