It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: LSU0408

All lives have mattered for decades and there was never any reason to change that and single out one race or group of people.

It's just that some lives matter more than others.

To who(m)?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: AnonymousStateCollege
a reply to: yuppa

Christopher Dorner: Navy
Micah Johnson: Army
Gavin Long: Marines

Air Force is up to bat...

Yeah, these aren't our run of the mill lowlife subhuman drug dealing weed toking alcoholic welfare abusing thugs that can't shoot.

Nah.

No racism here.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, being the OP's source is the conservative Spin Zone, Gateway Pundit, they are saying he and his organization will start the coup, which is ridiculous.

Ah conservatives, they just love attacking BLM yet fully support white armed protesters taking over a federal building. They want BLM to be labeled as terrorists while labeling the Bundys as heroes.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It appears as though you are correct.

He is proselytizing and prophecizing.

I hope his 15 minutes is drawing to a close. Now more than ever, we need a Dr. King or Ghandi figure here. There is a ton of open pasture to claim as "progress" if we could just have someone with more brains and less rage leading the charge.

My personal opinion: the time is right for a civil rights revolution. If only a leader worthy of leading that charge were present to make it happen. Instead, we get small minds making small minded statements and leading small minded movements.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I see it as more of a threat than a prediction.

A self-fulfilling prophecy at best.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well George Soros gave those S. Stains 30,000,000 dollars. Sounds like a good way to fund an insurrection and usher in martial law. Soros is also responsible for the EU's braindead Refugee acceptance strategy in Europe which will make Europe a 3rd world country in a few years. All they need is for it to hit the fan then have a bank failure of global proportions make everyone riot and starve a few months worldwide. Then demand everyone get a chip to use the new bank card to solve all the worlds problems and its all over. Yup thought this was their plan all along. Wait and see. Call me crazy.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

I am not dismissing the thought because it IS possible

That is all that is required to engage in a discussion with BLM and others. I don't think things would have gone as far as it has if we were willing to talk to people that have certain grievances, and not dismiss them outright.

But we didn't talk to them. When they said blacklivesmatter, we dismissed it by saying alllivesmatter. Then we wonder why they might just be pissed off.

Why someone that hears "black lives matter" be ok to get pissed off? The way I see it, all lives have mattered since most of us were born. Yesterday, a guy on Twitter said that all lives matter is untrue because is leaves out black people. I pasted the definition of "all" and asked him why black had to stand out. He never wrote me back. All lives have mattered for decades and there was never any reason to change that and single out one race or group of people.

The issue is now though that it is not about the definition of 'ALL' that causes a reaction. It''s the fact that it underplays the problem. There is a problem. You only have to look at income, family structure sand education to know that there is a disparity in society. Something is not right. That something is just not the police. When I hear black lives matter, I think about how income gaps, education and employment opportunities can be equalised and how infrastructure and facilities can be brought to very run down inner cities.

It'll never happen because if you try to make a run down inner city nice again, it'll just be torn up again. If you can't get the parent(s) involved in the decisions the children are making, they'll continue down this road of destruction and disrespect. No Child Left Behind was signed in the early 2000's and it was created to initially make the worse off school competitive for poor black and white students that didn't get the same opportunities. The schools were to be funded as long as they stayed competitive. The downfall of that was teachers getting lazy and giving the kids passing grades even though they weren't really passing because the teachers didn't want to be responsible for the school losing federal funding. Now we're stuck with lazy teachers that are giving the grades to show good graduation rates. So what we're seeing are all time high graduation rates, but all time low reading and math proficiency test scores. These kids aren't being prepared for college in the least, and it shows.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Agreed... How would you describe them? Confused? Oppressed? Sorry, I don't buy into that lie.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I am not dismissing the thought because it IS possible

That is all that is required to engage in a discussion with BLM and others. I don't think things would have gone as far as it has if we were willing to talk to people that have certain grievances, and not dismiss them outright.

But we didn't talk to them. When they said blacklivesmatter, we dismissed it by saying alllivesmatter. Then we wonder why they might just be pissed off.

Why someone that hears "black lives matter" be ok to get pissed off? The way I see it, all lives have mattered since most of us were born. Yesterday, a guy on Twitter said that all lives matter is untrue because is leaves out black people. I pasted the definition of "all" and asked him why black had to stand out. He never wrote me back. All lives have mattered for decades and there was never any reason to change that and single out one race or group of people.

The issue is now though that it is not about the definition of 'ALL' that causes a reaction. It''s the fact that it underplays the problem. There is a problem. You only have to look at income, family structure sand education to know that there is a disparity in society. Something is not right. That something is just not the police. When I hear black lives matter, I think about how income gaps, education and employment opportunities can be equalised and how infrastructure and facilities can be brought to very run down inner cities.

It'll never happen because if you try to make a run down inner city nice again, it'll just be torn up again. If you can't get the parent(s) involved in the decisions the children are making, they'll continue down this road of destruction and disrespect. No Child Left Behind was signed in the early 2000's and it was created to initially make the worse off school competitive for poor black and white students that didn't get the same opportunities. The schools were to be funded as long as they stayed competitive. The downfall of that was teachers getting lazy and giving the kids passing grades even though they weren't really passing because the teachers didn't want to be responsible for the school losing federal funding. Now we're stuck with lazy teachers that are giving the grades to show good graduation rates. So what we're seeing are all time high graduation rates, but all time low reading and math proficiency test scores. These kids aren't being prepared for college in the least, and it shows.

It's not just about cleaning up inner cities. It is primarily about families. Black leaders, the real ones, don't talk about cops. They talk about broken homes and especially absent fathers. Something is going on in those communities that is toxic and it is NOT about being black.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, being the OP's source is the conservative Spin Zone, Gateway Pundit, they are saying he and his organization will start the coup, which is ridiculous.

Who cares what the source is? All they're doing is posting the tweet made by the BLM leader. The rest of the media IGNORED IT.

originally posted by: Swills

Ah conservatives, they just love attacking BLM yet fully support white armed protesters taking over a federal building. They want BLM to be labeled as terrorists while labeling the Bundys as heroes.

I don't support either, but who did the Bundy's hurt? What group of people were they demonizing or promoting violence against? Where did they riot?

You support BLM, a group who has done all those things and hate the Bundy group because they're white. You also fail to mention their leader got shot to death while supposedly surrendering! That doesn't fit your racial narrative though.

edit on 18-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes, alllivesmatter does include black people, but it is used in an attempt to de-legitimize their grievance, which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

That is why they are pissed.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, men are more violent and prone to violent actions?

If that's true then all the arguments about "the patriarchy" are true then, according to you.

Since all men, in jail or not, are prone to bad controlling behaviors?

LOL

The 'so called' patriarchy is about much much more than violence, but then you already know that.
I am not going to deny that men and women are different. They are.

link   

which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

Their belief is WRONG. It's a paranoid delusion that is fostered and promoted by the very people claiming to be on their side.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

BLM are useful idiots, it's the same tactics Hitler employed with the Brown Shirts.

Use BLM until the moderate American is so fed up, that when they are purged, the people will celebrate it.

Call them whatever you like, once they have served their purpose, they will be discarded. All their grievances are meaningless then.

link   

Yes, alllivesmatter does include black people, but it is used in an attempt to de-legitimize their grievance, which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

Blimey, I actually starred you. What is the world coming to.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trying to influence elections through fear

That's all Trump has done so expect others to do the same thing.

Oh yeah? How many cops has he had killed?

link   
a reply to: introvert

I never understood either sides use of those terms.

Only Rich Lives Matter.

Anything else is just fantasy land crap peddling.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DJW001

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King

this quote would be relevant in the times gone-by. how can this be helpful, when half the battle is convincing others there is bias, hate and unfairness in the system . to most here, people simply are pulling the race card. even though, same members go to length to pull stats on the 'war on drug' petty traffic city/state slush funds, incarceration for profit, and a system targeting blacks and other minorities, etc just to discredit BLM as in not focusing on actual issues.

my mind is boggled, theres no win, theres no end. there's only what we have now. this was a long time coming, since amadou diallo to louima . it will be a long time going...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

"All Lives Matter" were silent when refugees needed help.

It's just a racist rallying cry.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

which is that they believe blacks are being treated differently in this country.

Their belief is WRONG. It's a paranoid delusion that is fostered and promoted by the very people claiming to be on their side.

That is your opinion. The fact remains that they have a grievance and they have a right to have those grievances addressed. But we are not doing that. We are not engaging them in the discussion because of our own preconceived bias' and political motivations.

That much is obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join