It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Leader Shaun King predicts American coup.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That is your opinion. The fact remains that they have a grievance

Welcome to humanity!

and they have a right to have those grievances addressed.

Yeah just like the KKk has a right to their grievances, but we don't ascribe their grievances much weight because they're racist morons. Just like BLM.

But we are not doing that. We are not engaging them in the discussion because of our own preconceived bias' and political motivations.

Do you apply this standard to them as well?

Also, it's kind of hard to address completely imagined grievances that involve demonizing another group base don their skin color.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most of these "racist" crimes occur up north in places like Maryland, New York, and Ohio. Besides mostly white cops being targeted and killed by blacks in the South, where is the racial fear and prejudice in the South?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes it is treated differently. I agree with that. The media would not be able to scrounge up photos of the victim looking 'gangsta' if the victim didn't take them in the first place.

"Gansta" is a fashion statement, not proof of criminal activity. Why show the white boy looking clean cut instead of when he was half naked and drunk during spring break? Or during his Death Metal phase in High School?

Lets not forget that many of these 'victims' had committed crimes of varying degrees prior to being shot by police.

And let'snot forget that some of these police were bad cops who would shake people down for no reason, yet we never seem to hear about that. What was it, a broken tail-light or a BOLO for a bank robber accompanied by his girlfriend and a four year old girl?

And the media always has momma on tv crying about how her little baby boy never did anything wrong.

I guess black feelings don't matter either.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not so.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yeah just like the KKk has a right to their grievances, but we don't ascribe their grievances much weight because they're racist morons. Just like BLM.

Just what do you think the KKK's grievances are, and why do you think they have a right to them? BLM wants blacks to be treated with respect. What does the KKK want?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actual statements from the actual study I linked above:

Despite the importance of understanding how race intersects with police use of force, little research has used police administrative data to investigate whether or not disparities exist. Because the dominant narrative around race and law enforcement is that crime rates drive police behavior, we used data from the National Justice Database—the Center for Policing Equity’s project to provide national-level data and analyses on police behavior—to investigate racial disparities in use of force benchmarking against demographics of local arrest rates. Even though this is a conservative estimate of bias, the analyses of 12 law enforcement departments from geographically and demographically diverse locations revealed that racial disparities in police use of force persist even when controlling for racial distribution of local arrest rates.

So, despite the several claims here, raw statistics from the FBI and BJS really have little meaning unless reviewed in context. This study went to the actual records of 12 law enforcement departments around the country (diverse locations) and the difference persisted EVEN WHEN controlling for local arrest rates.

Unfortunately, there is no way to take a true measure of criminality within a population, and the nearest approximation is problematic. Arrest data, which provide the closest estimate of criminal activity within a population (short of direct observation), are compromised by the very nature of who makes arrests. That is, because police arrest people and our concern is with the possibility that police behave in a biased manner when applying force, there is the strong likelihood that arrest data would be biased in the same manner as use of force data.

There is no way to truly measure criminality within a population. Nothing in any of these statistics normally bantered about corrects for the obvious variable of police intent in which criminals they pursue for arrest.

For instance, arresting someone simply for jaywalking would not seem to warrant the use of a Taser. The situation is far different if the jaywalking individual produces a weapon and makes threats. Sadly, these data are not often captured in use of force forms. When they are, it is often in the context of a narrative that is time-intensive to extract. This is why some of the most rigorous previous research on force has relied on direct observations of police encounters.

Even given the attempt to go to the source of crimes statistics (local law enforcement) is flawed due to the lack of comprehensive record-keeping on the parts of the departments.

The Science of Justice: Race, Arrests and Police Use of Force - Center for Policing Equity

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Most of these "racist" crimes occur up north in places like Maryland, New York, and Ohio. Besides mostly white cops being targeted and killed by blacks in the South, where is the racial fear and prejudice in the South?

Baton Rouge, for starters.

Next question?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: LSU0408

It's just that some lives matter more than others.

To who(m)?

To the police.
edit on 18-7-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Funny, the idiot doesn't even know who his real enemy has been these last 8 years.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Agreed... How would you describe them? Confused? Oppressed? Sorry, I don't buy into that lie.

I don't consider it a lie that it's ridiculous to generalize 13 or 14 million people in the few words you offered.

To answer your question, I rarely find any reason to pigeonhole anyone, least of all by their race.

It's the least informative metric I'm aware of, seconded only by sex.

You're confused. I didn't generalize 13 or 14 million people, what's on your mind?

I'm talking about the cop killers that weren't in the military. Your numbers are off by 12,999,978 or 13,999,978... And it wasn't about their race. You might not realize this, but there are also some white trash drug dealing welfare abusing thugs that can't shoot out there, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Funny, the idiot doesn't even know who his real enemy has been these last 8 years.

Which idiot? There are so many to choose from.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: introvert

I never understood either sides use of those terms.

Only Rich Lives Matter.

Anything else is just fantasy land crap peddling.

That's absolutely right... Poor whites and poor blacks will get the same treatment. Only difference being that poor blacks will get pity from the media and democrats. Same with the middle class.

The media has been paying more and more attention to the plight of white blue collar workers who have been declining into poverty. Drug abuse, alcoholism, single parent families... all of the "urban" evils are being found not only in rural areas, but in the suburbs. It was the Republican party's inattentiveness to these issues that led to the rise of Donald Trump, a fat cat who really knows how to exploit poor whites.

You should pay more attention to politics and less to Think Progress and Mother Jones. 8 failed years of policies and 8 solid years of political correctness and racial flaming by the current president is what led to the rise of Trump.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: introvert

I never understood either sides use of those terms.

Only Rich Lives Matter.

Anything else is just fantasy land crap peddling.

That's absolutely right... Poor whites and poor blacks will get the same treatment. Only difference being that poor blacks will get pity from the media and democrats. Same with the middle class.

The media has been paying more and more attention to the plight of white blue collar workers who have been declining into poverty. Drug abuse, alcoholism, single parent families... all of the "urban" evils are being found not only in rural areas, but in the suburbs. It was the Republican party's inattentiveness to these issues that led to the rise of Donald Trump, a fat cat who really knows how to exploit poor whites.

You should pay more attention to politics and less to Think Progress and Mother Jones. 8 failed years of policies and 8 solid years of political correctness and racial flaming by the current president is what led to the rise of Trump.

That, and a resurgence of the traditional sense of white victimhood.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Yes it is treated differently. I agree with that. The media would not be able to scrounge up photos of the victim looking 'gangsta' if the victim didn't take them in the first place.

"Gansta" is a fashion statement, not proof of criminal activity. Why show the white boy looking clean cut instead of when he was half naked and drunk during spring break? Or during his Death Metal phase in High School?

Lets not forget that many of these 'victims' had committed crimes of varying degrees prior to being shot by police.

And let'snot forget that some of these police were bad cops who would shake people down for no reason, yet we never seem to hear about that. What was it, a broken tail-light or a BOLO for a bank robber accompanied by his girlfriend and a four year old girl?

And the media always has momma on tv crying about how her little baby boy never did anything wrong.

I guess black feelings don't matter either.

Probably because he wasn't half naked and drunk on Spring Break, and if he was, someone would surely show it. You act like it doesn't come from both sides when the information is readily available.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Baton Rouge, for starters.

Next question?

You missed the very first word of my post. "Most of these "racist" crimes occur up north. . ."

So you have Baton Rouge where they were called to a scene where a man in a red shirt was reportedly intimidating people with a gun that wouldn't cooperate and resisted arrest even on the ground.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

It's just that some lives matter more than others.

To who(m)?

To the police.

Riiiiight... Maybe next time they'll just hug it out when a suspect is resisting arrest and pulls a weapon out. I hear the police departments are always accepting resumes, if you don't like the way they're acting, go be a cop and do something about it.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
He is simply planting the seed, by stating it (pre-warning it) he is familiarizing his followers to the notion of a revolution. Once it has been familiarized then it becomes acceptable to commit..

The same way, the media and BLM have caused the death of officers, by constantly promoting the notion that the police are bad, it then becomes accepted that they have the right to kill innocent officers..

One messed up ideology of this NWO

Messed up? From our perspective it is but from the view of the NWO it's working superbly. Society spinning out of control can only lead to demands from the people to restore order which if beyond the police's ability to control means call out the National Guard and Military. We've seen it before in this country many times; Blair Mountain, the Bonus Army removal, '92 LA riots etc.

ETA: As for Shaun King I think he's a victim of his own spiteful and wishful thinking. No coup is coming to America and if it were I believe it far more likely to happen if Hillary were elected than if Trump was. The troops know Hillary doesn't care about security which could result in them getting killed.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I don't believe they are comparable as groups.

Also, it's kind of hard to address completely imagined grievances that involve demonizing another group base don their skin color.

You are undermining the discussion right off the bat by stating their grievances are imagined.

That is why you are not ready to sit at the adult table to talk about solutions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have never seen a more intellectually dishonest thread on ATS. The title of the article itself says predicts an American coup yet when the op posts the thread he willfully changes predicts to calls. Hoping to incite a little racial hatred are we now?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
I have never seen a more intellectually dishonest thread on ATS. The title of the article itself says predicts an American coup yet when the op posts the thread he willfully changes predicts to calls. Hoping to incite a little racial hatred are we now?

Well said. Seriously people, when Buster and I start starring each other's posts you know you are on the wrong side of history!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join